Author Topic: Chad Ford 1.0 (8/23/16)  (Read 13499 times)

Re: Chad Ford 1.0 (8/23/16)
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 07:56:51 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Sounds good.

Let's hope Harry Giles takes Boston's academia seriously.
Ha!

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 07:59:29 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Over/under December 15th before we start hearing how overrated / weak this draft class is.

I think we'll start hearing rumblings before college ball even starts. Not that that means anything either. People can say it's weak and it still turns out strong.

It seems like every single year we hear, at some point, that the draft class is weak and overrated.  Over-analysis tends to do that.

I don't think we'll hear that the draft is weak  (although "top-heavy" will definitely be said), but saying that the draft class is overrated would probably be more of a sign that people have way overrated prospects who have yet to play a college game
I'm bitter.

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 08:11:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Over/under December 15th before we start hearing how overrated / weak this draft class is.

I think we'll start hearing rumblings before college ball even starts. Not that that means anything either. People can say it's weak and it still turns out strong.

It seems like every single year we hear, at some point, that the draft class is weak and overrated.  Over-analysis tends to do that.

And that the following draft is always better, lol ::).

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 08:29:50 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

True, but after the winter bottom, it moves back up. Around the time of the tournament, we start to get antsy about the draft and find all kinds of hidden all-stars that nobody had ever mentioned. By draft night, we've whipped ourselves into a frenzy.

Then it all starts again next year.

Mike

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 08:30:07 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

Every draft is either the best in decades or the worst in decades.

Giles sounds like exactly the type of player the C's need (especially if he can develop an outside shot) so I'd love to see him have a productive, healthy season and land here.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 08:47:35 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Giles sounds like exactly the type of player the C's need (especially if he can develop an outside shot) so I'd love to see him have a productive, healthy season and land here.

As a general rule, I never become deeply-invested in the guys projected to go in the top-5, etc., until after the draft lottery, as I don't want to get my hopes up.  I'm more interested in 4-5 non-freshman for this upcoming year, with 3 of those guys being seniors.  That way, any lottery luck will just be the cherry on top, so to speak :).

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 08:55:20 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Seems like Danny won't draft anyone unless they're a bad outside shooter (the exception being James Young, who's turned out to be terrible).

But Giles isn't a "combo" guard, so he has no chance of being drafted by Danny anyway.  ;)
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 08:56:01 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

As a general rule, I never become deeply-invested in the guys projected to go in the top-5, etc., until after the draft lottery, as I don't want to get my hopes up.  I'm more interested in 4-5 non-freshman for this upcoming year, with 3 of those guys being seniors.  That way, any lottery luck will just be the cherry on top, so to speak :).

I've always taken the same approach, but man, that BKN pick is wrapped in gold right now. And this class has me salivating. Just can't help it.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2016, 09:05:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Seems like Danny won't draft anyone unless they're a bad outside shooter (the exception being James Young, who's turned out to be terrible).

But Giles isn't a "combo" guard, so he has no chance of being drafted by Danny anyway.  ;)

Lol, TP ;D. Plus, he's not an undersized power forward, so there's no chance that we take this kid, ahaha ;D. Although Ainge has taken guys with medical problems, so there's that ::) ;D. Ugh.

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 09:08:32 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I've always taken the same approach, but man, that BKN pick is wrapped in gold right now. And this class has me salivating. Just can't help it.

I understand.  I guess it's kind of like this, lol ;D -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vod9DL4IhBM

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 09:23:15 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Lol, TP ;D. Plus, he's not an undersized power forward, so there's no chance that we take this kid, ahaha ;D. Although Ainge has taken guys with medical problems, so there's that ::) ;D. Ugh.

Ah, yes, the undersized PF—TP for catching that. ;D

So, if anyone really wants to know Danny's pick next year, it's the guy with the best combination of "bad shooter" and "undersized," with a dash of "can't dribble well." ;)
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 09:39:57 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
There are only 4 guaranteed things on CB: death, taxes, draft hype, and Beat LA using emoticons ;D

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 10:17:31 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
There are only 4 guaranteed things on CB: death, taxes, draft hype, and Beat LA using emoticons ;D

Lol, TP ;D. I don't know where death and taxes ever come into play on here, though, haha.  Replace them with 'summer league performance = hof career/bust' and then we can talk ;D.

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 01:35:14 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

You keep saying this, but go back to the offseason of 2015 and you'll see people referring to the 2016 class as weak and the 2017 class as loaded. Things do change: 2014 is not looking like the epic draft it was supposed to be, and 2015 is shaping up to be a really special one, but those are examples of narratives changing after the draft. I don't think there's nearly as much posturing as you think.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 01:56:30 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

You keep saying this, but go back to the offseason of 2015 and you'll see people referring to the 2016 class as weak and the 2017 class as loaded. Things do change: 2014 is not looking like the epic draft it was supposed to be, and 2015 is shaping up to be a really special one, but those are examples of narratives changing after the draft. I don't think there's nearly as much posturing as you think.

Perhaps not, but it certainly seems like 'next year's draft is always better', in addition to what Pho illustrated, lol ;D. Ugh.  And where have I kept 'saying this'?  I haven't posted on here in, like, a week, I think ;D. Unless of course you were talking to Pho rendering this point moot ;D.