Author Topic: Ginobli is proof you should be able to Draft and Stash anyone.  (Read 3251 times)

Re: Ginobli is proof you should be able to Draft and Stash anyone.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 10:48:45 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Honestly, this whole premise just sounds like an attempt to skip the development phase of any and every player altogether in order to get straight to the finished product, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, here, but it just doesn't work that way, and the only way draftees get better is by playing in NBA GAMES, imo - not the d-league, not in China, not in Turkey, not in France, not in Russia, not in Greece, not in Italy, and not in Spain, etc.

It's kind of like companies, today, being unwilling to invest in their employees through training, etc.  They simply don't want to do any of that, and yet they complain that millennials are all 'lazy bullsh1t artists' ::).  What they want is for that learning to be done on someone else's dime and someone else's time, and, again, it simply doesn't work that way.  You can't have experience unless you first get experience, but it seems like businesses and the Celtics are telling these dudes exactly the same thing that I heard in an honors class a long time ago and in a galaxy far far away ;) ;D - do it on your own time ::). What a load of sh1t.  Grow up and get over yourselves ::).

Hogwash. Ginobli was already awesome before he got to the NBA. sure it's an a adjustment playing against the very best, but he was already awesome.

Pau Gasol, Dirk, Porzingis, Ben Simmons, Greak Freak, Emanuel Mudiay,

It's about Talent. Plain and simple, if you have the talent you make it. If you don't, you won't.

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 12:25:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Honestly, this whole premise just sounds like an attempt to skip the development phase of any and every player altogether in order to get straight to the finished product, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, here, but it just doesn't work that way, and the only way draftees get better is by playing in NBA GAMES, imo - not the d-league, not in China, not in Turkey, not in France, not in Russia, not in Greece, not in Italy, and not in Spain, etc.

It's kind of like companies, today, being unwilling to invest in their employees through training, etc.  They simply don't want to do any of that, and yet they complain that millennials are all 'lazy bullsh1t artists' ::).  What they want is for that learning to be done on someone else's dime and someone else's time, and, again, it simply doesn't work that way.  You can't have experience unless you first get experience, but it seems like businesses and the Celtics are telling these dudes exactly the same thing that I heard in an honors class a long time ago and in a galaxy far far away ;) ;D - do it on your own time ::). What a load of sh1t.  Grow up and get over yourselves ::).

Hogwash. Ginobli was already awesome before he got to the NBA. sure it's an a adjustment playing against the very best, but he was already awesome.

Pau Gasol, Dirk, Porzingis, Ben Simmons, Greak Freak, Emanuel Mudiay,

It's about Talent. Plain and simple, if you have the talent you make it. If you don't, you won't.

Sure, but it's also about hard work and getting the opportunity to showcase and develop that talent ;). Where is the 'hogwash', btw, lol ;D?

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 03:05:44 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I just wanted to use the word hogwash LOL Tp LA.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 03:59:08 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I just wanted to use the word hogwash LOL Tp LA.

Lol ;D.

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 06:58:33 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
TP KGLL - I like the direction you are going with this. If teams can draft and stash players overseas and even in the D-League, then why can't they do the same with their current college team? Development is development. I agree that with many of the top prospects it might not be feasible with the money / agents involved (thus removing Brown as an option here), but it would be fantastic with mid-late first rounders and 2nd rounders.

As an added benefit, the NCAA would totally be able to exploit these guys for even more money! I know, it sounds like I am being sarcastic, but the premise would be the same - better competition in the NCAA.
The NCAA would have a fit. These guys would not be considered amateurs.

I like the overall idea but instead of college, they should focus on making the NBDL more competitive or have it be a legit minor league system for teams.

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 08:05:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd much rather have Brown on the Celtics this year than playing at Cal.

Would you rather have him on the Celtics Moranis if he only avg 5 PPG, and with Cal he explodes for 22 Ppg and his confidence goes through the roof?
Yep
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip