Author Topic: Remove me please  (Read 12586 times)

Re: Remove me please
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 07:14:03 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Now, is there a way to put posters on ignore.

I'm not sure I can handle the "Jaylen cured cancer" thread that is inevitably coming.

you probably couldn't handle it if it was "Danny cured cancer" either, huh?

but i bet you could handle it if it was "Dunn cured cancer", right?

No, CoachBo is looking for the "Danny causes cancer" thread, but he won't find it.  We've hidden it with the thread where we coordinate our posts to protect the honor of our lord and savior, Danny Ainge, and that one about what our favorite nacho recipes are
I'm bitter.

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 08:11:43 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Is there somewhere I can go to find *more* posts of things I'm not interested in? ...anyone?
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 10:59:41 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Why don't they remove all those ridiculous topics in addition to this one?

Because the site doesn't revolve around the preferences of one poster? 

It's fine to not be interested in these things but no one's making you click on them.  Why should things other posters are interested in discussing, especially during the dog days of the offseason, be removed just so you literally don't have to see the thread titles in one panel of your screen?

Because it's on the CELTIGS BLOG not a COMIC BLOG or  a TELEVISION BLOG or a SOCIAL MEDIA BLOG or a BOOK BLOG.

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 11:03:04 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

It's fine to not be interested in these things but no one's making you click on them.  Why should things other posters are interested in discussing, especially during the dog days of the offseason, be removed just so you literally don't have to see the thread titles in one panel of your screen?

Because it's on the CELTIGS BLOG not a COMIC BLOG or  a TELEVISION BLOG or a SOCIAL MEDIA BLOG or a BOOK BLOG.

It's a community blog that is anchored by Boston Celtics fandom but not exclusive to Celtics talk.

It was that way long before you came on these boards and the intention has always been to have it as a community.  There's never been discussion to change it.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 11:59:21 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104

Dude, it's seriously 1 extra click of a button.

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2016, 07:25:05 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
It has nothing to do with emails. It had to do with unwanted topics mixed into the Celtics topics which is all I want.
Opening a non-Celtics topic against non-Celtics topics was the right thing to do.

Why not? I get everything else from Comics, Books, Social Media, Movies, Television shows and much much more. So I don't see the problem but very funny.

Your thread isn't a problem, it's just ironic.

You don't want to see threads that aren't related to the Celtics because they are of no interest to you, yet now others have to see this thread even though its of no interest and/or doesn't relate/apply to them. 

He's not mocking you.

Part of what makes Celticsblog (and America) such a great place is its lack of censorship.  The mods will actually let people praise Kobe or the Lakers, even to the detriment of a "Celtic" atmosphere.  Likewise, they let us talk about TV and books.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale