Author Topic: Charania: Nader agrees to D-League stash  (Read 5697 times)

Charania: Nader agrees to D-League stash
« on: August 22, 2016, 04:05:56 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
http://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/767813426638749696

Sources: After rejecting lucrative offer in Europe, Boston second-rounder Abdel Nader has committed to signing D-League contract with Maine.

Edit: agent confirms: http://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/767815345486856192

Abdel Nader's agent Cervando Tejeda confirms the 2nd-rd pick will play for the Maine Red Claws. "He wants to stay committed to the Celtics."
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Charania: Nader agrees to D-League stash
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 04:12:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Glad that's settled.  There was a lot of gnashing of teeth on this board over something that played out as expected when he was drafted two months ago.

I expect to see him either traded or in training camp in fall 2017.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 04:12:45 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Awesome!

Glad the kid is committed to the Green.

Means I'll be seeing  THREE C's at Red Claw games this year. And maybe Thornton ;) Sweet.

TP for the good hews.

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 04:17:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Good to hear.  People shouldn't freak out if he doesn't post dominating stats in the D-League.  That's not the sort of player he is, if summer league is any indication.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 04:45:01 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
danny takes care of his celtics-smart move by nader

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 04:47:45 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
danny takes care of his celtics-smart move by nader

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 04:49:00 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Good to see that he got stashed in Maine, I would have liked to have seen him making more money in Europe, though

I wonder if he rejected the overseas money because it was a longer contract and wanted to stay more flexible next year, or if he wanted to stay here and possibly get signed this year if we make a big deal.  Either way, good luck to him
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 05:43:45 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Good to see that he got stashed in Maine, I would have liked to have seen him making more money in Europe, though

I wonder if he rejected the overseas money because it was a longer contract and wanted to stay more flexible next year, or if he wanted to stay here and possibly get signed this year if we make a big deal.  Either way, good luck to him

Yeah, I am perplexed as to why he didn't take his offer in Europe. I hope he doesn't suffer an injury or something that keeps him from cashing in on his talent, if the C's don't pick him up quickly. Let's hope the C's manage some roster consolidation by the trade deadline -- and he's played well enough in Maine to get the call up for the remainder of the season.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 05:55:37 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Just curious.. Have we ever sent someone overseas and then they came back and actually made the club? I am trying to think of someone but I cant.

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 06:29:52 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I can see him on the roster sooner than later

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 06:55:37 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Yeah, I am perplexed as to why he didn't take his offer in Europe. I hope he doesn't suffer an injury or something that keeps him from cashing in on his talent, if the C's don't pick him up quickly. Let's hope the C's manage some roster consolidation by the trade deadline -- and he's played well enough in Maine to get the call up for the remainder of the season.

I am sure the Euro deal was a multi-year ask.  These guys have dreams of playing in the NBA, not Israel or Turkey. 

I am also sure that if his dream looks like just that in a year or so, he will be overseas.

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 07:33:29 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
The key here is patience as always.  Danny has it taken care of. 

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 07:49:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
The D league team is going to be pretty solid with Nader, Mickey, Jackson, and probably Bentil.

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 08:26:45 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

This is a stretch, but, could this be a sign of a looming, preseason trade?

Is it possible that the Celtics were able to sell him on staying because there is a trade in the works that would loosen up the roster for him to be called up to the NBA? Or is that purely wishful thinking on my part?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 08:29:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ainge wins again.  Nice call of the blufEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.e.