Author Topic: Terry Rozier snapchats at IT's wedding  (Read 26000 times)

Re: Terry Rozier snapchats at IT's wedding
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2016, 07:03:09 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Beat LA = 1, Eddie20 = 0.

Joking aside, this begs a serious question -- would you take two years of Aaron Hernandez-level productivity from Terry Rozier (knowing inevitable imprisonment, but hypothetically not for murder or anything violence-related) or 7-8 seasons of decent back-up PG play?

Lol, TP ;D, and I'd take the decent backup point guard play, myself.  I don't want any Kobe's on the Celtics.

Eh, I wouldn't mind one of the greatest players to ever step on a basketball court. Just my opinion though.

So you're fine with having a rapist on the roster, then?  Got it ::).

I didn't say that. You know very well what I said. You just don't want to admit it. Whatever.

Good to know, although I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be admitting, here.  The question was about whether or not you'd be willing to live with Aaron Hernandez-level production for two years, in spite of his inevitable imprisonment, from Rozier, or roll with decent backup point guard play for 7-8 seasons, hence my mentioning of Kobe, and your apparent willingness to shrug off Bryant's status as a rapist just because of his illustrious playing career by using 'eh' is quite disturbing, to me.  Perhaps that was not your intent, but when it comes to such terrible things as rape I just don't think that it's ever a good idea to leave your say on the matter open to interpretation.

As for the rest of this thread and the 'gang signs' or whatever, I am completely unfamiliar with anything and everything pertaining to that subject so I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about, lol ;D. If there should be any outrage in regards to Rozier's snapchat thingy, at all, imo, it should stem from his broadcasting of such images from a strip club on social media, but that's just me :-\. What I don't get is why the front office hasn't been all over this, and yet they immediately crucified Rondo for staying behind in LA, iirc, for his birthday ::). I mean, really, guys?  What kind of precedent is that?

Well, now that I think about it, the whole idea of comparing Kobe to Hernandez was kinda a weak comparison. Kobe was never imprisoned. Kobe did not murder anyone. Kobe went on to have just as sparkling a career as before the rape case, and is now universally recognized as one of the greatest players to ever play the game (no matter how much Celtics fans want to say otherwise). Frankly, it's a comparison that shouldn't even have been made. At all. Rape is bad. Don't get me wrong. But it's not murder. And in Kobe's case, it wasn't a crime that led to prison time. And also, Terry shouldn't be compared to Hernandez either. He's not killing people either. He's living the life that most young athletes in their 20s live. I'm not condoning what he's doing, but it is what it is.

To answer tarheel's question (without any irrelevant comparisons) I'll obviously take the many years of backup production than the 2 years of immense talent and then prison for life.

Regarding your confusion about the front office getting mad at Rondo but not Terry, you should remember that Terry is doing this in the offseason. Rondo was doing it on a road trip in the middle of the season. Two completely different scenarios.

WOW :o

As for Rondo vs. Rozier, it's not about the when, it's about the what, that matters, imo.  I mean 'birthday-gate'?  Really ::)?  I just think that Ainge and Stevens acted like 2 year olds during the whole thing :-\.

Not sure what's so "wow" (insert Beat LA emoji here) about it. Murder is a far worse crime than rape. Do you not think so?

Have you never seen things where rape victims say things like they'd rather be dead bc of the shame, etc., that they often harbor after such horrifying episodes?  Keep digging that hole, man ::).

And I hate to break it to you, but  ':o' is not 'my' emoji ::).  You act like I've invented/trademarked it or something, which, unfortunately, is not the case.  I'd have a lot more money if it were ;).

Maybe others know more about the Kobe stuff but I never believed he raped her.

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2016, 08:27:29 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am going to second the notion that murder is worse than rape. I suppose one could end up as a sex slave for years and years and that would be horrible and torturous, but on the whole it isn't even close on a 1 for 1.

Also, glad to see some sense drawn into the last couple of pages of this thread. I don't always agree with jpotter's political stances, but he is rationally defending a point that needs defending. The OP's genuine concern over what might be happening with Rozier leads me to believe that he is really not racist. Nobody is taking a negative tone here, just hoping that these loose gang signals that Rozier is apparently is giving off are more of a joking nature and not a serious nature. It's not like gang culture doesn't exist in the US, and, as others have said, Terry had a tough upbringing.

I am confident in Terry's future with the Cs and the NBA. He has really made it a long way and I have no doubt that he, like Smart, will do everything he can to achieve success.

« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2016, 03:09:04 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I'm not being racist, I'm stating facts.

Money quote of the year. I'd like an apology  >:(

Also greenrunsdeep41, you're attempting to deflect the evidence of the situation by making broad sweeping statements that anyone who has said anything is a racist. I have no idea why but I'm going to assume you feel guilty because of your own personal biases and this is how you deal with it, by projecting it on others. This whole thread started because Terry Rozier did some shady stuff that is commonly associated with gang activity. I understand that this might not be common information to everyone but just because your cultural awareness is limited to that one time you watched Boyz in da Hood doesn't mean anyone who knows more than you is a racist. Again, I'm deeply offended that you flew off the hook and started finger pointing while not even bothering to read or research any of the information provided.

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2016, 03:38:23 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

Also greenrunsdeep41, you're attempting to deflect the evidence of the situation by making broad sweeping statements that anyone who has said anything is a racist. I have no idea why but I'm going to assume you feel guilty because of your own personal biases and this is how you deal with it, by projecting it on others. This whole thread started because Terry Rozier did some shady stuff that is commonly associated with gang activity. I understand that this might not be common information to everyone but just because your cultural awareness is limited to that one time you watched Boyz in da Hood doesn't mean anyone who knows more than you is a racist. Again, I'm deeply offended that you flew off the hook and started finger pointing while not even bothering to read or research any of the information provided.

I don't think you're a racist. Neither are most (hopefully, all) of the posters here.

But there are some nasty stereotypes of black people out there (just visit the ESPN or Politico forums), and this sort of discussion digs at those wounds, intentional or not.

I don't know that this was a helpful topic to begin with. It might not have been malicious, but I don't think it's helpful.

Likewise a lot of our collective comments have not been helpful.

Probably best to move on.

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2016, 03:50:27 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

I don't think you're a racist. Neither are most (hopefully, all) of the posters here.

But there are some nasty stereotypes of black people out there (just visit the ESPN or Politico forums), and this sort of discussion digs at those wounds, intentional or not.

I don't know that this was a helpful topic to begin with. It might not have been malicious, but I don't think it's helpful.

Likewise a lot of our collective comments have not been helpful.

Probably best to move on.

Thank you, you are the realest.

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2016, 07:15:52 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The Political correctness agenda is fascism on the Low.

« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2016, 08:01:07 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
People these days can't even make a gang sign without being accused of being in a gang. What a messed up world.

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2016, 08:20:09 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
People these days can't even make a gang sign without being accused of being in a gang. What a messed up world.

Ugh, yes, and everybody's accusing those people of being in a gang because they are black, and not because they are making gang signs.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2016, 08:30:47 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Ugh, yes, and everybody's accusing those people of being in a gang because they are black, and not because they are making gang signs.
Are you serious? Why didn't the OP accuse Jae Crowder and Amir Johnson of being in a gang then? The spelling of words with a "k" instead of a "c" and the continuous use of gang signs in pictures is what led the OP to question whether or not Rozier is in a gang, not his race. You have no evidence to support otherwise, as you are not the OP and don't know why he worried about Rozier being in a gang. Stop making false accusations and pretending like you know the motives and reasoning behind everybody's posts.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2016, 08:35:07 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
What is going on?   You guys are too funny.

« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2016, 10:12:43 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

Are you serious? Why didn't the OP accuse Jae Crowder and Amir Johnson of being in a gang then? The spelling of words with a "k" instead of a "c" and the continuous use of gang signs in pictures is what led the OP to question whether or not Rozier is in a gang, not his race. You have no evidence to support otherwise, as you are not the OP and don't know why he worried about Rozier being in a gang. Stop making false accusations and pretending like you know the motives and reasoning behind everybody's posts.

I think I started a potential argument based on a misunderstanding, and I want to clear it up before it escalates.

I was being sarcastic. I believe that mgent took my comment seriously and responded with a sarcastic statement of his own (in the vein of "oh SUREE, these posters are being racist, not because of X, Y, and Z, while X, Y, and Z clearly are foundations for their opinions"). Then, I bucketgetter took the first part of mgent's response (Oh SUREE, these posters are being racist) and called him out for being on a high horse that he was not operating from at all.

« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2016, 11:54:28 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
And I hate to break it to you, but  ':o' is not 'my' emoji ::).  You act like I've invented/trademarked it or something, which, unfortunately, is not the case.  I'd have a lot more money if it were ;).

I can confirm, as I am in fact the creator.  I get 10 cents each time Beat LA uses  :o , and he gets to use an amazing emoticon at a reasonable price.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC