Author Topic: Terry Rozier snapchats at IT's wedding  (Read 26028 times)

Re: Terry Rozier snapchats at IT's wedding
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2016, 12:23:03 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Blah. Perfectly good thread now definitively ruined.

In before lock: I vote for 2 years of Hernandez-level production over 7-8 years of mediocrity. Imagine having arguably the best PG in the league, with IT going for 18ppg off the bench?

Terry, if you aren't a Blood yet, maybe just sleep on it...?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2016, 12:36:19 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Naw, I've learned better than to engage with individuals with your particular persuasion on the matter, because I don't really like having to provide "trigger warnings" in any of my responses that might possibly be misconstrued as something "bigoted" when that's far from my intent.

Besides, it's self evident. You absolutely made sweeping, unsubstantiated generalizations based on the race of an individual, i.e. textbook racism. Racism is racism is racism, no matter what race it is targeted against. The fact that you use the ridiculous notion of "reverse racism" shows that you can't even see the hypocrisy in your generalizing logic arguing against the generalizing logic of racism. Racist claims can be made against both the majority and minority populations.

Please, discribe the sweeping unsubstantiated claims.

Calling white people racists isn't unsubstaintiated. Generally speaking, It's historically accurate. Even though, that isn't what I did. What I did was compare uncrutical reaction in reference to skin pigment.

Outstanding. You've really outdone yourself this time, and it's actually really scary that this type of blatant hypocrisy and non-sense is so prevalent today (cough Black Lives Matter cough). Clearly I've engaged too far in another pointless discussion, and it's now *perfectly* clear how someone like you could make this into a race thing after these comments.  Just wow..

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2016, 12:43:15 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Six are playing better

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2016, 12:46:52 AM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
Naw, I've learned better than to engage with individuals with your particular persuasion on the matter, because I don't really like having to provide "trigger warnings" in any of my responses that might possibly be misconstrued as something "bigoted" when that's far from my intent.

Besides, it's self evident. You absolutely made sweeping, unsubstantiated generalizations based on the race of an individual, i.e. textbook racism. Racism is racism is racism, no matter what race it is targeted against. The fact that you use the ridiculous notion of "reverse racism" shows that you can't even see the hypocrisy in your generalizing logic arguing against the generalizing logic of racism. Racist claims can be made against both the majority and minority populations.

Please, discribe the sweeping unsubstantiated claims.

Calling white people racists isn't unsubstaintiated. Generally speaking, It's historically accurate. Even though, that isn't what I did. What I did was compare uncrutical reaction in reference to skin pigment.

Outstanding. You've really outdone yourself this time, and it's actually really scary that this type of blatant hypocrisy and non-sense is so prevalent today (cough Black Lives Matter cough). Clearly I've engaged too far in another pointless discussion, and it's now *perfectly* clear how someone like you could make this into a race thing after these comments.  Just wow..

Wait, are you saying that systemic racism by people of Western European decent is not something that has occurred for, well, almost all of written history? I feel stupid asking this question because the answer is of course you did, but I'm going to ask anyway. You took history in school right?

And to be excruciatingly clear, because I really want that, you are saying that I am a hypocrit because I'm stating that our country, traditionally speaking, has rushed to judgment in regard to African Americans, usually negitively, which happened here. And I, am stating that it is racist to do so and then saying that, historically speaking that has happened for, at the very veeeeerrry least, the entirety of American history and that we should be aware of how this post is racist because it exhibits that same behavior.

How does that make me a hypocrit? I'm not being racist, I'm stating facts.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:55:22 AM by greenrunsdeep41 »
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2016, 01:07:44 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Please lock this thread. Its most recent 4 pages are nothing but useless, toxic discussion. Go see page 2 if you need confirmation that Terry is not a gang member.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2016, 01:14:50 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Beat LA = 1, Eddie20 = 0.

Joking aside, this begs a serious question -- would you take two years of Aaron Hernandez-level productivity from Terry Rozier (knowing inevitable imprisonment, but hypothetically not for murder or anything violence-related) or 7-8 seasons of decent back-up PG play?

Lol, TP ;D, and I'd take the decent backup point guard play, myself.  I don't want any Kobe's on the Celtics.

Eh, I wouldn't mind one of the greatest players to ever step on a basketball court. Just my opinion though.

So you're fine with having a rapist on the roster, then?  Got it ::).

I didn't say that. You know very well what I said. You just don't want to admit it. Whatever.

Good to know, although I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be admitting, here.  The question was about whether or not you'd be willing to live with Aaron Hernandez-level production for two years, in spite of his inevitable imprisonment, from Rozier, or roll with decent backup point guard play for 7-8 seasons, hence my mentioning of Kobe, and your apparent willingness to shrug off Bryant's status as a rapist just because of his illustrious playing career by using 'eh' is quite disturbing, to me.  Perhaps that was not your intent, but when it comes to such terrible things as rape I just don't think that it's ever a good idea to leave your say on the matter open to interpretation.

As for the rest of this thread and the 'gang signs' or whatever, I am completely unfamiliar with anything and everything pertaining to that subject so I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about, lol ;D. If there should be any outrage in regards to Rozier's snapchat thingy, at all, imo, it should stem from his broadcasting of such images from a strip club on social media, but that's just me :-\. What I don't get is why the front office hasn't been all over this, and yet they immediately crucified Rondo for staying behind in LA, iirc, for his birthday ::). I mean, really, guys?  What kind of precedent is that?

Well, now that I think about it, the whole idea of comparing Kobe to Hernandez was kinda a weak comparison. Kobe was never imprisoned. Kobe did not murder anyone. Kobe went on to have just as sparkling a career as before the rape case, and is now universally recognized as one of the greatest players to ever play the game (no matter how much Celtics fans want to say otherwise). Frankly, it's a comparison that shouldn't even have been made. At all. Rape is bad. Don't get me wrong. But it's not murder. And in Kobe's case, it wasn't a crime that led to prison time. And also, Terry shouldn't be compared to Hernandez either. He's not killing people either. He's living the life that most young athletes in their 20s live. I'm not condoning what he's doing, but it is what it is.

To answer tarheel's question (without any irrelevant comparisons) I'll obviously take the many years of backup production than the 2 years of immense talent and then prison for life.

Regarding your confusion about the front office getting mad at Rondo but not Terry, you should remember that Terry is doing this in the offseason. Rondo was doing it on a road trip in the middle of the season. Two completely different scenarios.

WOW :o

As for Rondo vs. Rozier, it's not about the when, it's about the what, that matters, imo.  I mean 'birthday-gate'?  Really ::)?  I just think that Ainge and Stevens acted like 2 year olds during the whole thing :-\.

« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2016, 01:16:55 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Please lock this thread. Its most recent 4 pages are nothing but useless, toxic discussion. Go see page 2 if you need confirmation that Terry is not a gang member.

Oh man, lol ;D.

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2016, 01:24:19 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Agreed, unless you consider trying to walk a stranger away from the edge of a hypothetical e-cliff as completely useless.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:35:30 AM by tarheelsxxiii »

« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2016, 01:33:24 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

I agree, Flex, this thread should've never turned out this way due to some ridiculous conjecture. On the other hand, the burden to stop this kind of nonsense is on the wrong party who rapidly and falsely jumped to conclusions, not the others.

There's already large sections of the Internet, academia, etc. where you can't even express an opinion without being labeled by someone as a bigot, racist, sexist, etc. Don't fault us for trying to keep that non-sense away from this blog as much as possible.

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2016, 01:50:00 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

There's already large sections of the Internet, academia, etc. where you can't even express an opinion without being labeled by someone as a bigot, racist, sexist, etc. Don't fault us for trying to keep that non-sense away from this blog as much as possible.

Wholeheartedly agree. Deciding when and where to address it is impossible, though.

« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2016, 02:16:05 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Wholeheartedly agree. Deciding when and where to address it is impossible, though.

Yep. And when you do address it, it's because you're a racist, sexist, etc. in the first place. It's a vicious circle. TP.

« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2016, 02:32:04 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Yep. And when you do address it, it's because you're a racist, sexist, etc. in the first place. It's a vicious circle. TP.

Yep, circular arguments. Well, at least Terry probably isn't a gang banger. There's that.

« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2016, 02:51:55 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yep, circular arguments. Well, at least Terry probably isn't a gang banger. There's that.

I like Terry, too, and I hope he succeeds, which all signs point to happening. I'll admit that I didn't know who he was when we drafted him, though lol Not a big college ball fan, and I really only follow the draft with the C's.

I think he grew up around an hour or so from where I live at now, though there's not many C's fans (or basketball fans for that matter) in the Pittsburgh area to appreciate him.

« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2016, 03:11:01 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Joking aside, this begs a serious question -- would you take two years of Aaron Hernandez-level productivity from Terry Rozier (knowing inevitable imprisonment, but hypothetically not for murder or anything violence-related) or 7-8 seasons of decent back-up PG play?

Lol, TP ;D, and I'd take the decent backup point guard play, myself.  I don't want any Kobe's on the Celtics.

Eh, I wouldn't mind one of the greatest players to ever step on a basketball court. Just my opinion though.

I didn't say that. You know very well what I said. You just don't want to admit it. Whatever.

Good to know, although I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be admitting, here.  The question was about whether or not you'd be willing to live with Aaron Hernandez-level production for two years, in spite of his inevitable imprisonment, from Rozier, or roll with decent backup point guard play for 7-8 seasons, hence my mentioning of Kobe, and your apparent willingness to shrug off Bryant's status as a rapist just because of his illustrious playing career by using 'eh' is quite disturbing, to me.  Perhaps that was not your intent, but when it comes to such terrible things as rape I just don't think that it's ever a good idea to leave your say on the matter open to interpretation.

As for the rest of this thread and the 'gang signs' or whatever, I am completely unfamiliar with anything and everything pertaining to that subject so I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about, lol ;D. If there should be any outrage in regards to Rozier's snapchat thingy, at all, imo, it should stem from his broadcasting of such images from a strip club on social media, but that's just me :-\. What I don't get is why the front office hasn't been all over this, and yet they immediately crucified Rondo for staying behind in LA, iirc, for his birthday ::). I mean, really, guys?  What kind of precedent is that?

Well, now that I think about it, the whole idea of comparing Kobe to Hernandez was kinda a weak comparison. Kobe was never imprisoned. Kobe did not murder anyone. Kobe went on to have just as sparkling a career as before the rape case, and is now universally recognized as one of the greatest players to ever play the game (no matter how much Celtics fans want to say otherwise). Frankly, it's a comparison that shouldn't even have been made. At all. Rape is bad. Don't get me wrong. But it's not murder. And in Kobe's case, it wasn't a crime that led to prison time. And also, Terry shouldn't be compared to Hernandez either. He's not killing people either. He's living the life that most young athletes in their 20s live. I'm not condoning what he's doing, but it is what it is.

To answer tarheel's question (without any irrelevant comparisons) I'll obviously take the many years of backup production than the 2 years of immense talent and then prison for life.

Regarding your confusion about the front office getting mad at Rondo but not Terry, you should remember that Terry is doing this in the offseason. Rondo was doing it on a road trip in the middle of the season. Two completely different scenarios.

As for Rondo vs. Rozier, it's not about the when, it's about the what, that matters, imo.  I mean 'birthday-gate'?  Really ::)?  I just think that Ainge and Stevens acted like 2 year olds during the whole thing :-\.

Not sure what's so "wow" (insert Beat LA emoji here) about it. Murder is a far worse crime than rape. Do you not think so?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2016, 03:30:15 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Not sure what's so "wow" (insert Beat LA emoji here) about it. Murder is a far worse crime than rape. Do you not think so?

Have you never seen things where rape victims say things like they'd rather be dead bc of the shame, etc., that they often harbor after such horrifying episodes?  Keep digging that hole, man ::).

And I hate to break it to you, but  ':o' is not 'my' emoji ::).  You act like I've invented/trademarked it or something, which, unfortunately, is not the case.  I'd have a lot more money if it were ;).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:37:20 AM by Beat LA »