Author Topic: Terry Rozier snapchats at IT's wedding  (Read 26089 times)

Re: Terry Rozier snapchats at IT's wedding
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2016, 01:20:53 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
[/img]
Thanks, as always, for your input,

:):):)              :D               :D
;)                     :P               :P     :o       :)   ;)       ;D :D ;)     :D ::) ;D
:D :)                :P               :P              :)  ;) :D    :(      :)      :P     ;D
;D            8) :) ;D     8) :) ;D     :D     ;)                    ::)          ;D     :D
:(:(:(     :D :) :D     :D :) :D     ;D       :D :( :o    :) :P :D    :o ;) ;D

(sarcasm) ::).

TP

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:39:34 PM by kraidstar »

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2016, 01:25:36 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
This thread is out right embarrassing and add's weight to the argument that all other fans from other cities make about our fans.
Then don't post in it. Simple as that.  It was simply meant to start a discussion.

From what I just read, he's discussing it, and implies in his discussing that there is some veiled racism here.
Which there isn't (at least there wasn't intended to be in the original post). If Olynyk or Zeller had done the same thing I would have posted the same thing.

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2016, 01:29:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Hope he didn't get any tips or advice from D'Angelo Russell.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Beat LA = 1, Eddie20 = 0.

Joking aside, this begs a serious question -- would you take two years of Aaron Hernandez-level productivity from Terry Rozier (knowing inevitable imprisonment, but hypothetically not for murder or anything violence-related) or 7-8 seasons of decent back-up PG play?

Lol, TP ;D, and I'd take the decent backup point guard play, myself.  I don't want any Kobe's on the Celtics.

Eh, I wouldn't mind one of the greatest players to ever step on a basketball court. Just my opinion though.

So you're fine with having a rapist on the roster, then?  Got it ::).

I didn't say that. You know very well what I said. You just don't want to admit it. Whatever.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2016, 01:36:09 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
This thread is out right embarrassing and add's weight to the argument that all other fans from other cities make about our fans.
Then don't post in it. Simple as that.  It was simply meant to start a discussion.

From what I just read, he's discussing it, and implies in his discussing that there is some veiled racism here.

Yes. His statement was an opinion on the validity and appropriateness of the comments that came before. Though abrupt, I don't think his comment was meant as snark, just an honest opinion.

BTW racism in general is rampant online, and extends to every fanbase. Thankfully overt bigotry is not tolerated on this site.

I do agree some of the assumptions about Terry on this board are a little unsettling. As far as we know he has done nothing wrong. I know I wouldn't want people implying I was a gangster.

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2016, 05:01:48 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

Yes. His statement was an opinion on the validity and appropriateness of the comments that came before. Though abrupt, I don't think his comment was meant as snark, just an honest opinion.

BTW racism in general is rampant online, and extends to every fanbase. Thankfully overt bigotry is not tolerated on this site.

I do agree some of the assumptions about Terry on this board are a little unsettling. As far as we know he has done nothing wrong. I know I wouldn't want people implying I was a gangster.

Let me start by saying there is no room for racism on this blog or anywhere else.

I don't like people vaguely implying that I'm a racist for participating in this discussion. Especially since anything that has been said has been based on Rozier's actions not his race. As someone who grew up in a city and went to a high school with rampant gang activity I feel like this is a very serious subject. I find the accusations of racism offending and think it speaks more about the accusers and their small base of cultural knowledge than those discussing the op. I welcome anyone who would like to talk about this privately to PM me. Otherwise I think you should keep to the OP or not participate. I do not tolerate hate speech OR witch hunts. 

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2016, 05:11:28 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I agree that it's a reach to suggest comments here reflect veiled racism. And yeah, wrongfully singling out any one person for it can understandably be found insulting.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2016, 05:14:34 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133

Let me start by saying there is no room for racism on this blog or anywhere else.

I don't like people vaguely implying that I'm a racist for participating in this discussion. Especially since anything that has been said has been based on Rozier's actions not his race. As someone who grew up in a city and went to a high school with rampant gang activity I feel like this is a very serious subject. I find the accusations of racism offending and think it speaks more about the accusers and their small base of cultural knowledge than those discussing the op. I welcome anyone who would like to talk about this privately to PM me. Otherwise I think you should keep to the OP or not participate. I do not tolerate hate speech OR witch hunts.
TP, when I first posted I had no idea this thread was going to turn into this. I had no intent to come off as racist in any way and I have never been a racist person so I'm a little confused why people in this thread are being called racists and what have you. Then again, I forgot that it's 2016 and you can't open your mouth without offending someone or being labeled either a racist, a sexist, or a a**hole. Thank you number_n9ne and tarheelsxxiii for having some common sense :)

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2016, 05:28:33 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Is the thread racist or not? I need someone to officially rule on this for me.

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2016, 06:08:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
How many wife's does IT have .

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
How many wife's does IT have .

1 last time i checked.

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152

Absolutely racist. If this were a white member of our team or any other Boston team no one would be talking about it. It's absurdity rivals it's racism.

Oh, and to the guy who said "2016 the year of everything racist" that is racist. Everything is not racist, what is racist is racism. And this here, is a racist post. If you need more information why this is a racist post pleas refer to above comments on difference of reaction based off skin color. But, I'll reiterate because you may not understand. I'll also put it in context. If this was Tom Brady (yay I actually have a valid reason to compare a rookie to a hall of famer- seperate issue I have with this blog) no one in their right mind would say OEMG guyzz this dude used a k instead of a c he must be a crip!! Or holy tits!!! He referred to his friends as a gang!! He is a gangster!!!

Little bit more and I'll be done. If this guy were in a gang people would know. Namely our HR/front office/team/coach. If this guy were a legitimate criminal who needed to be questioned for his potential gang affiliation it would've happened. You know what would've happened if he was in a gang? He wouldn't have been drafted. It is not pre-1996 any more, gang members do not represent the NBA anymore. And the NBA does not represent gang members.

From all accounts Terry Rozier seems like a stand up- hard working young man who hopefully helps us win basketball games. Outside of that he can spell any word he wants with any letter he would like without being questioned for being in a gang because he is a human and a free American citizen.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2016, 07:12:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Absolutely racist. If this were a white member of our team or any other Boston team no one would be talking about it. It's absurdity rivals it's racism.

Oh, and to the guy who said "2016 the year of everything racist" that is racist. Everything is not racist, what is racist is racism. And this here, is a racist post. If you need more information why this is a racist post pleas refer to above comments on difference of reaction based off skin color. But, I'll reiterate because you may not understand. I'll also put it in context. If this was Tom Brady (yay I actually have a valid reason to compare a rookie to a hall of famer- seperate issue I have with this blog) no one in their right mind would say OEMG guyzz this dude used a k instead of a c he must be a crip!! Or holy tits!!! He referred to his friends as a gang!! He is a gangster!!!

Little bit more and I'll be done. If this guy were in a gang people would know. Namely our HR/front office/team/coach. If this guy were a legitimate criminal who needed to be questioned for his potential gang affiliation it would've happened. You know what would've happened if he was in a gang? He wouldn't have been drafted. It is not pre-1996 any more, gang members do not represent the NBA anymore. And the NBA does not represent gang members.

From all accounts Terry Rozier seems like a stand up- hard working young man who hopefully helps us win basketball games. Outside of that he can spell any word he wants with any letter he would like without being questioned for being in a gang because he is a human and a free American citizen.

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2016, 08:15:11 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
^ Lol. TP.

Alternatively, greenrunsdeep, people may have had genuine curiosity based on other factors... such as:

-prior knowledge about "GMB" or "k"s or whatever was mentioned
-prior knowledge of Rozier's checkered past at Louisville (see: strippers, sex, recruitment, and   Jordan Mickey!)
-the fact that the we have seen plenty of our athletes succumb to off-court distractions (including white guys, like Chris Herren).

See how you're mind-reading, yet can't possibly know what the other person was actually thinking? Objectively, it's a reach.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2016, 08:40:30 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Would anyone be questioning Kelly if he had used a K instead of a C?

This is the most racist thread I have read on this blog in a long time. It should be closed.

TOTALLY agree! This thread is garbage and racist and of course it won't be locked, why would it?  The gang innuendos are insulting and demeaning but why am I not surprised. 

As far as the Twitter video of him in the strip club...Funny thing is, how many LEWD videos has Gronk appeared in during his off seasons? I wonder how many conversations BB had to have with him to inform him to not enjoy his life so much smh.  Now didn't that sound dumb? It's called being young, with money and enjoying life! It is so many [dang] 'politically correct' people in the world today it's sickening! I can't WAIT till the season starts to give some of you 'critics' an opportunity to discuss the game of basketball instead of being over critical of young adults!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:49:24 PM by mainevent »
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"