Author Topic: Terry Rozier snapchats at IT's wedding  (Read 26035 times)

Re: Terry Rozier snapchats at IT's wedding
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2016, 08:47:35 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Would anyone be questioning Kelly if he had used a K instead of a C?

This is the most racist thread I have read on this blog in a long time. It should be closed.

TOTALLY agree! Funny thing is, how many LEWD videos has Gronk appeared in during his off seasons? This thread is garbage and racist and of course it won't be locked.  It's called young with money enjoying life.  Period. So many [dang] 'politically correct' people in the world today it's sickening!

The assumption that Kelly cannot possibly be a gang banger is also racist. It goes both ways. And yet I don't even know if that's what you really believe, just speculating based on your comment. Round and round we go, which is why the "racist" label is unwarranted.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2016, 09:01:12 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
^ Lol. TP.

Alternatively, greenrunsdeep, people may have had genuine curiosity based on other factors... such as:

-prior knowledge about "GMB" or "k"s or whatever was mentioned
-prior knowledge of Rozier's checkered past at Louisville (see: strippers, sex, recruitment, and   Jordan Mickey!)
-the fact that the we have seen plenty of our athletes succumb to off-court distractions (including white guys, like Chris Herren).

See how you're mind-reading, yet can't possibly know what the other person was actually thinking? Objectively, it's a reach.

OK. Were going to do this, were going to change this thread into a definition of racism derived from context. This will be my last post on this topic, I hope you can read it and understand my point. Inherently, it is not black and white, so inevitably will not be conclusive. But, I can point out to you (hopefully) why this post is racist; as simply as possible.

The genuine curiosity comes from a cultural assumption that this man has an increased inclination towards gang affiliation because of his skin color. The fact that the genuine curiosity exists, based entirely off a man's spelling of a word, is a racist assumption. If you want to talk about genuine curiosity then fine. But, jumping to conclusions is not genuine curiosity. Jumping to conclusions because of skin color is racist.

This post would not have been racist if the OP would have asked a question without leading it.

"Why did Terry Rozier use K instead of C?" That is not a racist topic for discussion.

If anyone else follows him on snapchat he said he was "krashing" the wedding and said "kongrats" to IT. Not sure if I'm reading too far into it but that's something Blood gang members do (type K instead of C). Really hope Terry isn't getting into that life but I could be mistaken. I think he could be a star and I'd hate to see yet another tragedy involving a promising Celtics prospect.

This, on the other hand, is hedging the discussion. This is a racist assumption. A racist conclusion. And it does not represent genuine "curiosity" it just represents an OP's ignorance. HE GOES AS FAR AS TO SAY HE HOPES NOT TO HAVE ANOTHER TRAGEDY.......... This post is Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing absurdly racist.

2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2016, 09:05:13 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Would anyone be questioning Kelly if he had used a K instead of a C?

This is the most racist thread I have read on this blog in a long time. It should be closed.

TOTALLY agree! Funny thing is, how many LEWD videos has Gronk appeared in during his off seasons? This thread is garbage and racist and of course it won't be locked.  It's called young with money enjoying life.  Period. So many [dang] 'politically correct' people in the world today it's sickening!

The assumption that Kelly cannot possibly be a gang banger is also racist. It goes both ways. And yet I don't even know if that's what you really believe, just speculating based on your comment. Round and round we go, which is why the "racist" label is unwarranted.
If Kelly made hand signs in every picture we would absolutely wonder why he is doing that, just like the OP originally wondered about Rozier. 

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2016, 09:18:54 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The OP asked some of our posters for their opinions so he could get some input.   I don't see the problem.   If he just asked "What is he doing with his hands" it would be a pretty short freaking post and  the next guy to respond to that would be called racist.   

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2016, 09:43:47 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Beat LA = 1, Eddie20 = 0.

Joking aside, this begs a serious question -- would you take two years of Aaron Hernandez-level productivity from Terry Rozier (knowing inevitable imprisonment, but hypothetically not for murder or anything violence-related) or 7-8 seasons of decent back-up PG play?

Lol, TP ;D, and I'd take the decent backup point guard play, myself.  I don't want any Kobe's on the Celtics.

Eh, I wouldn't mind one of the greatest players to ever step on a basketball court. Just my opinion though.

So you're fine with having a rapist on the roster, then?  Got it ::).

I didn't say that. You know very well what I said. You just don't want to admit it. Whatever.

Good to know, although I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be admitting, here.  The question was about whether or not you'd be willing to live with Aaron Hernandez-level production for two years, in spite of his inevitable imprisonment, from Rozier, or roll with decent backup point guard play for 7-8 seasons, hence my mentioning of Kobe, and your apparent willingness to shrug off Bryant's status as a rapist just because of his illustrious playing career by using 'eh' is quite disturbing, to me.  Perhaps that was not your intent, but when it comes to such terrible things as rape I just don't think that it's ever a good idea to leave your say on the matter open to interpretation.

As for the rest of this thread and the 'gang signs' or whatever, I am completely unfamiliar with anything and everything pertaining to that subject so I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about, lol ;D. If there should be any outrage in regards to Rozier's snapchat thingy, at all, imo, it should stem from his broadcasting of such images from a strip club on social media, but that's just me :-\. What I don't get is why the front office hasn't been all over this, and yet they immediately crucified Rondo for staying behind in LA, iirc, for his birthday ::). I mean, really, guys?  What kind of precedent is that?   

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2016, 10:04:39 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Outta respect  to the OP'S opinion . From my experience as a 25 year old from Harlem Newyork' replacing C's with K's is a blood gang trait. Also his hand signals in that group picture indicates he is with the "5-9 Brim" Blood set. As  racist as it sounds' any nyc   urban  teenager or young urban adult will come to that same or similar conclusion

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2016, 10:43:10 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
^ Lol. TP.

Alternatively, greenrunsdeep, people may have had genuine curiosity based on other factors... such as:

-prior knowledge of Rozier's checkered past at Louisville (see: strippers, sex, recruitment, and   Jordan Mickey!)
-the fact that the we have seen plenty of our athletes succumb to off-court distractions (including white guys, like Chris Herren).

See how you're mind-reading, yet can't possibly know what the other person was actually thinking? Objectively, it's a reach.

OK. Were going to do this, were going to change this thread into a definition of racism derived from context. This will be my last post on this topic, I hope you can read it and understand my point. Inherently, it is not black and white, so inevitably will not be conclusive. But, I can point out to you (hopefully) why this post is racist; as simply as possible.

The genuine curiosity comes from a cultural assumption that this man has an increased inclination towards gang affiliation because of his skin color. The fact that the genuine curiosity exists, based entirely off a man's spelling of a word, is a racist assumption. If you want to talk about genuine curiosity then fine. But, jumping to conclusions is not genuine curiosity. Jumping to conclusions because of skin color is racist.

This post would not have been racist if the OP would have asked a question without leading it.

"Why did Terry Rozier use K instead of C?" That is not a racist topic for discussion.

If anyone else follows him on snapchat he said he was "krashing" the wedding and said "kongrats" to IT. Not sure if I'm reading too far into it but that's something Blood gang members do (type K instead of C). Really hope Terry isn't getting into that life but I could be mistaken. I think he could be a star and I'd hate to see yet another tragedy involving a promising Celtics prospect.

This, on the other hand, is hedging the discussion. This is a racist assumption. A racist conclusion. And it does not represent genuine "curiosity" it just represents an OP's ignorance. HE GOES AS FAR AS TO SAY HE HOPES NOT TO HAVE ANOTHER TRAGEDY.......... This post is ****ing absurdly racist.

Lol yikes.

What a world we live in.

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2016, 10:53:54 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Beat LA = 1, Eddie20 = 0.

Joking aside, this begs a serious question -- would you take two years of Aaron Hernandez-level productivity from Terry Rozier (knowing inevitable imprisonment, but hypothetically not for murder or anything violence-related) or 7-8 seasons of decent back-up PG play?

Lol, TP ;D, and I'd take the decent backup point guard play, myself.  I don't want any Kobe's on the Celtics.

Eh, I wouldn't mind one of the greatest players to ever step on a basketball court. Just my opinion though.

So you're fine with having a rapist on the roster, then?  Got it ::).

I didn't say that. You know very well what I said. You just don't want to admit it. Whatever.

Good to know, although I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be admitting, here.  The question was about whether or not you'd be willing to live with Aaron Hernandez-level production for two years, in spite of his inevitable imprisonment, from Rozier, or roll with decent backup point guard play for 7-8 seasons, hence my mentioning of Kobe, and your apparent willingness to shrug off Bryant's status as a rapist just because of his illustrious playing career by using 'eh' is quite disturbing, to me.  Perhaps that was not your intent, but when it comes to such terrible things as rape I just don't think that it's ever a good idea to leave your say on the matter open to interpretation.

As for the rest of this thread and the 'gang signs' or whatever, I am completely unfamiliar with anything and everything pertaining to that subject so I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about, lol ;D. If there should be any outrage in regards to Rozier's snapchat thingy, at all, imo, it should stem from his broadcasting of such images from a strip club on social media, but that's just me :-\. What I don't get is why the front office hasn't been all over this, and yet they immediately crucified Rondo for staying behind in LA, iirc, for his birthday ::). I mean, really, guys?  What kind of precedent is that?

Well, now that I think about it, the whole idea of comparing Kobe to Hernandez was kinda a weak comparison. Kobe was never imprisoned. Kobe did not murder anyone. Kobe went on to have just as sparkling a career as before the rape case, and is now universally recognized as one of the greatest players to ever play the game (no matter how much Celtics fans want to say otherwise). Frankly, it's a comparison that shouldn't even have been made. At all. Rape is bad. Don't get me wrong. But it's not murder. And in Kobe's case, it wasn't a crime that led to prison time. And also, Terry shouldn't be compared to Hernandez either. He's not killing people either. He's living the life that most young athletes in their 20s live. I'm not condoning what he's doing, but it is what it is.

To answer tarheel's question (without any irrelevant comparisons) I'll obviously take the many years of backup production than the 2 years of immense talent and then prison for life.

Regarding your confusion about the front office getting mad at Rondo but not Terry, you should remember that Terry is doing this in the offseason. Rondo was doing it on a road trip in the middle of the season. Two completely different scenarios.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2016, 11:04:07 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
It's such a depressing age that we live in when you can't even legitimately express any type of opinion without being labeled a racist, sexist, homophobe, bigot, etc. All of these overreactions and exaggerations about "racist" claims just do damage to the cause and movement against racism itself..

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2016, 11:09:55 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Is the thread racist or not? I need someone to officially rule on this for me.

Absolutely racist. If this were a white member of our team or any other Boston team no one would be talking about it. It's absurdity rivals it's racism.

Oh, and to the guy who said "2016 the year of everything racist" that is racist. Everything is not racist, what is racist is racism. And this here, is a racist post. If you need more information why this is a racist post pleas refer to above comments on difference of reaction based off skin color. But, I'll reiterate because you may not understand. I'll also put it in context. If this was Tom Brady (yay I actually have a valid reason to compare a rookie to a hall of famer- seperate issue I have with this blog) no one in their right mind would say OEMG guyzz this dude used a k instead of a c he must be a crip!! Or holy tits!!! He referred to his friends as a gang!! He is a gangster!!!

Little bit more and I'll be done. If this guy were in a gang people would know. Namely our HR/front office/team/coach. If this guy were a legitimate criminal who needed to be questioned for his potential gang affiliation it would've happened. You know what would've happened if he was in a gang? He wouldn't have been drafted. It is not pre-1996 any more, gang members do not represent the NBA anymore. And the NBA does not represent gang members.

From all accounts Terry Rozier seems like a stand up- hard working young man who hopefully helps us win basketball games. Outside of that he can spell any word he wants with any letter he would like without being questioned for being in a gang because he is a human and a free American citizen.

You realize that this comment is just exacerbating and validating that claim, right? Lol  ::)

And I hope that you realize that via your *wide* conception of racist language, your first paragraph regarding "a white member of our team" is just as "racist" as anything that you've been arguing about in this thread. Funny how it only seems to work one way...

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2016, 11:25:46 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
Jpotter, thank the heavens we have people like you on our planet to point out the wonders of irony. God knows what we would do without you.

And I'm sorry sir. But, no. It does not work both ways in this case. No one is making any unsubstainted claims about any white people here.

But, I digress.

Please, expound on how what I said was racist. In direct relationship to my argument. Give me context, give me reason, and address my words directly.

I want you to see yourself write a well thought out post about how reverse racism works in this context. I want to see how foolish you can make yourself look.

This is a sad day on Celtics blog.

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2016, 11:59:16 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
^ Lol. TP.

I wasn't interested in redefining racism. I can see why you may have perceived some comments to have a racial undertone, I just disagree.

Genuine curiosity, as I intended it, is not couched in cultural stereotypes. I hadn't consciously considered that TR may be gang-affiliated due to his race; reflecting back on it, I still don't think it influenced my thinking -- I did have preconceived notions that probably colored my perception, as I listed.

Probably best just to let it go at this point, right? Know that I didn't intend you incite you with my comments, though.

Knibb High football rules.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:27:52 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2016, 12:03:04 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Naw, I've learned better than to engage with individuals with your particular persuasion on the matter, because I don't really like having to provide "trigger warnings" in any of my responses that might possibly be misconstrued as something "bigoted" when that's far from my intent.

Besides, it's self evident. You absolutely made sweeping, unsubstantiated generalizations based on the race of an individual, i.e. textbook racism. Racism is racism is racism, no matter what race it is targeted against. The fact that you use the ridiculous notion of "reverse racism" shows that you can't even see the hypocrisy in your generalizing logic arguing against the generalizing logic of racism. Racist claims can be made against both the majority and minority populations.

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2016, 12:10:11 AM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
Naw, I've learned better than to engage with individuals with your particular persuasion on the matter, because I don't really like having to provide "trigger warnings" in any of my responses that might possibly be misconstrued as something "bigoted" when that's far from my intent.

Besides, it's self evident. You absolutely made sweeping, unsubstantiated generalizations based on the race of an individual, i.e. textbook racism. Racism is racism is racism, no matter what race it is targeted against. The fact that you use the ridiculous notion of "reverse racism" shows that you can't even see the hypocrisy in your generalizing logic arguing against the generalizing logic of racism. Racist claims can be made against both the majority and minority populations.

Please, discribe the sweeping unsubstantiated claims.

Calling white people racists isn't unsubstaintiated. Generally speaking, It's historically accurate. Even though, that isn't what I did. What I did was compare uncrutical reaction in reference to skin pigment.

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2016, 12:17:03 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
^ Lol. TP.

This, on the other hand, is hedging the discussion. This is a racist assumption. A racist conclusion. And it does not represent genuine "curiosity" it just represents an OP's ignorance. HE GOES AS FAR AS TO SAY HE HOPES NOT TO HAVE ANOTHER TRAGEDY.......... This post is ****ing absurdly racist.
Why does your username have 41 in it, the number of Kelly Olynyk? One of the only white guys on the team? Out of everyone you chose him? Sheesh. Racism at its finest. Simply amazing the ignorance of some people these days.

Somebody call a Waaambulance. Thank you to everyone who responded with common sense, it's good to see there's still a few sensible people left. What I originally posted was in NO WAY intended to be racist. If I had posed the question "why does he use K instead of C", someone would have still found a way to say that I was insinuating a gang relation and label me racist.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:31:21 AM by CelticsFan166 »