Author Topic: Most of the recent international NBA prospects played badly in this Olympic  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Dario Saric
Mario Hezonja
Domantas Sabonis
Zhou Qi
Juan Hernangomez

The only exception I can think of is N.Jokic from Serbia.

The best of them didn't come, including Simmonds, all Canadians and Greek, but european basketball is on a low ebb now.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Saric didn't play badly on the whole.  12 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 43%.  Not great, but not that bad really.  BTW, those ~7 rebounds were good enough for 6th in the entire Olympics.

Hezonja shot 48% (and was 50% from three).  Again not great, but not terrible play from him.

Sabonis didn't shoot very well, but played ok overall. 

Qi shot 70% from two.  The Chinese team is so bad though it is really hard to get a gauge as to anyone on that team. 

Hernangomez scored 6.6 points a game in under 11 minutes.  Not sure how anyone can think he played poorly, he just didn't play very much of course when you are on a team with Pau Gasol  and Nikola Mirotic there aren't as many minutes available for a big man.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Most of the guys you mentioned are really, really young.

Team USA wasn't carrying any teenagers.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Most of the guys you mentioned are really, really young.

Team USA wasn't carrying any teenagers.
Second that.