Author Topic: What would you give up to get Draymond Green if he becomes available  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
ESPN first take discussed whether Draymond Green can be traded in the new season. It's unlikely but if he indeed becomes available, what would you give up to get him?

26 years old, average almost 15/10/7, runner up of defensive player of the year. His value should be on par with Kevin Love, maybe slightly below Klay Thompson.

Given Horford played well alongside Millsap, Green should fit without problem.

How about Amir Johnson + one of Nets pick + Rozier/or our own first round pick? + Young/or any 2nd round pick

Why would GSW agree to this? Green has some off court issues, plus the risk of fouling too much in the playoff, KD's arrival makes him more expendable. They get a good defender in Johnson, they can draft a big using the pick, Rozier can be a good replacement to Barbosa. They are still champion favourite.

While the celtics can go full on small ball and have the best defensive lineup in the league:
IT/Smart
AB
Crowder/Brown
Green
Horford

Will have to replace a ball handler off the bench (unless Jackson steps up) but that shouldn't be too hard to do

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:47:53 PM by Stig »

Re: What would you give up to get Draymond Green if he becomes available
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 10:04:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I guess I am just not a Fan of multiple player for one player. So I say no to your proposal.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 10:39:16 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
ESPN just ran out of stuff to talk about on First Take. Draymond isn't getting moved, whether he shows his privates off on social media or not.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 10:59:52 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Green has excelled in a perfect situation as playmaking 4. However, now that situation isn't so perfect and he'll be off the ball a lot more than before.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 11:15:47 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Product of a system, has Klay and Curry to command attention. And even to pass to them to rack up assists. And to rack up boards when he is the only big on the floor.

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 12:06:44 AM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeAMfW3RS0

I would give little to nothing for Green.  He's a dirty player.  A time bomb waiting to go off before he's hit with a lengthy suspension. 

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 12:11:00 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I would give up the rights to Fab Melo, the guy we took over him on Draft night.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 07:42:23 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Green is under contract for the next four seasons at an average $17 million/year, a great bargain price. Why would they ever trade him?

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 10:37:51 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Product of a system, has Klay and Curry to command attention. And even to pass to them to rack up assists. And to rack up boards when he is the only big on the floor.
Right, but that "system" is now being copied throughout the league.  Team are moving towards (and drafting) long athletic players who can shoot from the outside, and having only one "big" on the floor who can also shoot the 3.  It may not be common today, but I see that as the direction in the NBA.

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 07:01:30 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Disagree that he's worth less than Klay. I think he was the clear #2 best player on the Warriors last year. His playmaking + floor spacing makes him so so valuable in a modern offense, and on defense he's a game changer. Klay shoots exceptionally well, but he's a much less versatile player.

To answer the question, I'd be willing to part with Crowder, Johnson, and Bkn '17.

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 12:21:30 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I would be pleased if we could get one of stein okafor noel for now... Green would be too expensive

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 05:47:42 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Honestly, probably nothing...unless it's a massive highway robbery type deal (in Boston's favor).

Yeah I know Green is really good, but he just reminds me far too much of Rajon Rondo.  He's that guy who does a lot of things well, is a triple double machine, and yet will never be the #1 guy on a top team.  He's basically a hyper role player. 

Like Rondo he's also a big arrogant, a big of a troublemaker, and just generally a wee bit of a head case - actually a massive head case.

Then to add to this, I'm just not sure his game actually fits us right now.  I'm not a huge fan of the "small ball" direction the league is taking, and I just don't like the idea of a Green/Horford Front court.  I think the level of rim protection would be woeful, the rebounding would be not much better, and our front court would be spending too much time sitting on the perimeter.  Plus I just don't like the idea of a 6'7" + 6'10" frontcourt. 

Call me old fashioned, but I think a guy of Horford's play style needs a more traditional interior-oriented big many next to him for optimal effect.  Even if Green wasn't a total knob-head (which he is), I still wouldn't love the idea.

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 08:03:10 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I would be pleased if we could get one of stein okafor noel for now... Green would be too expensive

TP because these are reasonable objectives now that chances for Westwood, Cousins, or Griffin are seemingly gone until at least the trade deadline, if ever.

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 01:17:40 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Honestly, probably nothing...unless it's a massive highway robbery type deal (in Boston's favor).

Yeah I know Green is really good, but he just reminds me far too much of Rajon Rondo.  He's that guy who does a lot of things well, is a triple double machine, and yet will never be the #1 guy on a top team.  He's basically a hyper role player. 

Like Rondo he's also a big arrogant, a big of a troublemaker, and just generally a wee bit of a head case - actually a massive head case.

Then to add to this, I'm just not sure his game actually fits us right now.  I'm not a huge fan of the "small ball" direction the league is taking, and I just don't like the idea of a Green/Horford Front court.  I think the level of rim protection would be woeful, the rebounding would be not much better, and our front court would be spending too much time sitting on the perimeter.  Plus I just don't like the idea of a 6'7" + 6'10" frontcourt. 

Call me old fashioned, but I think a guy of Horford's play style needs a more traditional interior-oriented big many next to him for optimal effect.  Even if Green wasn't a total knob-head (which he is), I still wouldn't love the idea.

Okay, you're old fashioned.  Big guys are okay, but they have to be mobile and have skills.  The Mozgov's of the basketball world are a vanishing species