Author Topic: anybody else glad we have jaylen over simmons  (Read 28196 times)

anybody else glad we have jaylen over simmons
« on: August 18, 2016, 05:34:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
simmons seems to have a prima donna attitude and phillys residue of tanking may spill over
jaylen on the other hand can't wait to play defense and guard the likes fo lebron has a work ethic that can't be matched
simmons and okafor are perfect for each other but will get dusted on defensive end
give me" rip their head off","rest when i die attitude"
simmons seems to have that  blue chip pedigree that doesn't include a chip on ones shoulder but a don't you know who i am
lets see when publicity and pedigree and drafted number one hit the wall of NBA reality-i still remember when jaylen rejected him big time and he limped off court with cramps-a pure lebron move

Re: anybody else glad we have jaylen over simmons
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 05:41:53 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
lets take this a step further simmons gets injured does he have it in him to play hurt  or not fully 100%-give him an injury like smart has had-
being number one puts a target on this guy and jaylen is the type to rub his nose in it-
millions of dollars ,travel, 82 game season ,back to back games,west coast trips and playing for a loser and all those expectations of number one-

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 07:17:25 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
In a word: No.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 07:22:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Simmons is a passive guy who lets the game come to him.   He has immense talent but sometimes guys like him never fully realize their talent.  Talent wise I would take Simmons every time over Brown.   Attitude wise, I kind of like Brown.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 07:30:50 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
No way. I was thrilled seeing no sign of the ball handling criticism or he's an athlete, not a basketball player from more than one " expert source". What a bunch of fiction. Thrilled with him.
But I do think Simmon's will be a perennial all str and future superstar. His passing was beautiful to me, especially. I think Philly is a disgrace and didn't deserve him but to me he does look like a franchise player.
   However in my Celtic bias I'll take Brown over Ingram at this very moment.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 07:34:57 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Me not.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 09:44:02 AM »

Offline TheOneTrueRobb

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 14
Well, in all of the countless NBA regular season games each guy has played, I've noticed that...

Oh wait....
-------
------
-----
----
---

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 09:59:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Very glad

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 10:02:34 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I have to say for now, I would say no. Love the Jaylen pick btw. For now, I notice Jaylen seems to be a bit more aggressive on offense, his driving game and absorbing contact is pretty much amazing and something we all look forward to. His defense I would say might also be better than Simmons, just from a few short games I have seen him play

Simmons, will be a major offensive tool for the 76ers and will definitely start and see more minutes from the beginning, so I think he probably has more time to develop quicker. I think he is an elite passer with a better shot. I think he might also be a better rebounder so far.

If the question was if we are glad to draft Jaylen over Ingram on the other hand, I can say yes for now. But Simmons vs Jaylen is tricky and I would lean slightly to Simmons.

Hopefully I am wrong and Jaylen is the guy :)

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 10:07:15 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
no.  not at all.

Simmons showed he was clearly the best player on the floor in every game he played this summer.  This kid has a chance be be very special.

Brown's really good on D and seems to have a terrific work ethic and attitude but he's not on Simmons' level -- certainly not at this point.  He could turn out to be a special player, it'd be great for us, but the odds of it are certainly worse than the odds of Simmons being special.

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 10:11:06 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Adding to the chorus:  No. 

Simmons is going to be special.  A 7-footer with athleticism and who can pass like that, wow.  He will be a great point-forward in this league.  He just needs a more consistent outside shot, but so does Jaylen and many other rookies who come into the NBA.

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 10:16:49 AM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
I think Simmons is a passive guy who lets the game come to him.   He has immense talent but sometimes guys like him never fully realize their talent.  Talent wise I would take Simmons every time over Brown.   Attitude wise, I kind of like Brown.

This.  Of course it will be easier to answer this question in 5 years.  Both have to work on their mid and long range shooting.  Simmon's passing is incredible.  Brown's defense could be really impressive over time.  I think Brown's attitude will really help him reach his potential.

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 11:00:30 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Lebron has a prima donna attitude. still the best player in the NBA. 

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 11:07:19 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
In a word: No.
why not add to the conversation instead of a quip that has no reasoning, support, or insights?

for me, it is too early to say much of anything with confidence. we have only seen summer league and we dont know how these two will develop.

there is NO denying simmons passing skills. he is amazing and makes any offense a lot, lot better. he supposedly is a good rebounder too. his shooting in SL was worse than bad. he seemed to lack confidence in shooting at all. plus his shooting mechanics make shawn marion look good.

his heart? rollie raises a good point. i dont know if simmons desire and drive will come close to brown's or not.

brown? i am happy with him, though he was not my first choice. his drive and desire are incredible and he is a smart person with a strong desire to win and learn.

he will play good defense. he will work hard. he will go to the foul line a LOT. and he drives to the basket incredibly well.

outside shooting? dont know yet for brown. he doesnt appear, so far, to be simmons-level bad. but let's wait and see.

so, let's all revisit this thread in a year or three. then we will know a lot more.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 11:29:01 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
With Simmons I'm not sure if he has that inner drive all the great ones have. We'll see. If not he'll be like another Derrick Coleman.