Author Topic: Are there any good Basketball simulators  (Read 1451 times)

Are there any good Basketball simulators
« on: August 17, 2016, 05:05:33 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I found one that you can match up old teams, but what about a simulator that you can put avg players you want in.

Re: Are there any good Basketball simulators
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 10:16:24 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Now I don't know if these are any good, but I might look into these:

Pro Basketball Manager 2016.  Regular price is $19.99, has gone as low as $7.99 on Steam in the past, a couple of sites have it on sale for 10%-11% off right now.

Then you have Pro Basketball Manager 2016 - US Edition.  Regular price is $9.99, has gone as low as $6.99 on Steam, a couple of sites have it for $8.99 right now.

These are text based games that let you be the Coach and GM.  I believe the difference between the 2 editions is that full edition has pretty much all the leagues from all over the world, while the US edition has just the NBA and NCAA leagues (or at least their unlicensed equivalents, I'm sure there's some mod files out there that will give you the actual names and logos and whatnot).  Read some reviews, check out some youtube videos.  High learning curve I believe, not easy to just jump into without any help.  Mixed reviews so far.

You can also try whatifsports.com  Basically you pick a team that fits under the cap, with every NBA player from every season ever available, and you set your lineups, depth chart, offensive and defensive style, shot distribution, etc. and play an 82 game season + playoffs against other players (24 team league) with 2 games simming a day (noon and midnight).  This can be pretty fun.  I unsuccessfully tried to start a Celticsblog league a few years ago, as I think this would go awesome with one of the CB Drafts and help put the debates about who had the best team to rest once and for all, but very few people were interested ($9.95 price point didn't help I'm sure).

Also I believe LarBrd33 loves these type of games.  So if he doesn't see this thread, I would just reach out to him directly as I'm sure he's tried out several and could give some good opinions on what to try and what to avoid.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Re: Are there any good Basketball simulators
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
whatifsports is pretty good.  You can join leagues or just do free matchups.  They have both old players and new ones.  It is based on stats so I don't think you will have anyone that hasn't yet played and it won't project the current season.

https://www.whatifsports.com/locker/simulations.shtm
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip