Author Topic: Low credibility Noel rumor  (Read 12042 times)

Re: Low credibility Noel rumor
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 05:53:29 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
As long as we can dump $6 million in salary before next offseason to offset Noel's cap hold , allowing the Celtics to still sign a max free agent and after signing that free agent resigning Noel causing the Cs to go over the cap, I would do it

This is also my concern. I guess the 'dump' would probably have to be Bradley at that point. If the player was Griffin, then we would have to hope that Smart and Rozier make a jump this season. If the player is Hayward, he would be taking Bradley's spot anyway.

I don't like the idea of being forced to trade Bradley since we would be unlikely to get a good return on him; however, he is due a huge pay raise in 2018 - along with IT and Smart and I can't really envision a scenario where we keep all of them.

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 06:30:27 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
I can see it for Philly.  Trading one somewhat disappointing high draft pick for another but at a decent contract and at a position of greater need all seems in order.  I can also see MIN trading Rubio for Noel straight up but I don't see why they need Boston in this.

For Boston, would we really trade Amir for Noel.  Doesn't seem like a win now trade although I think I would do it.  I just doubt Danny would do it.

It doesn't seem to be a win now deal, but it's deal that gives us his RFA rights next offseason while possibly still being able to fit a max free agent with cap space.  We would probably have to give up a little more considering Amir's UFA status next offseason.  Maybe expand the deal a little to help with our roster logjam.

to Boston: Noel
to Philly: Rubio and James Young
to Minnesota: Johnson and RJ Hunter

Works in the trade machine and maybe throw in lower level picks if you need to.

I could possibly get behind that deal taking a chance on Noel's development.

I would do that deal, I would also do the first deal, like them both. Also see the logic for all teams, I think this is more of a dump for Minny. Get her done!
I don't think the C's are giving up enough in the original deal but I think adding Young and Hunter would be just enough to make it reasonable for all 3 teams. 

I was thrilled when we got Amir but getting Noel for just him and a couple of guys likely to be off the team after training camp is hard to turn down

I very strongly believe that MIN has zero interest in trading for Amir Johnson.

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 10:47:08 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
I think Rubio to Phili makes so much sense its unbelievable.  You have Rubio and Simmons dishing out to embiid & noel/okafor.  Having such great facilitators is the only reason turns their bigman logjam into a strength imo (it would especially help Jahlil to coexist).  I think we can get in there and trade for noel/okafor, with okafor being the more realistic piece.

Phili receives Rubio
Phili gives up Okafor/Noel

MIN receives Bradley
MIN gives up Rubio

BOS receives Okafor/Noel
BOS gives up Bradley

Who says no?

Philly.

Rubio is such a bad shooter that with Simmons and a Center on the court it'd be a mess offensively.

Tons of of great passing, but just not enough shooting.

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2016, 01:04:53 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I think Rubio to Phili makes so much sense its unbelievable.  You have Rubio and Simmons dishing out to embiid & noel/okafor.  Having such great facilitators is the only reason turns their bigman logjam into a strength imo (it would especially help Jahlil to coexist).  I think we can get in there and trade for noel/okafor, with okafor being the more realistic piece.

Phili receives Rubio

MIN receives Bradley
MIN gives up Rubio

BOS receives Okafor/Noel
BOS gives up Bradley

Who says no?

Rubio cannot shoot to save his life - he would not work well at all alongside those bigs.

Imagine Rajon Rondo, Marcus Smart, Evan Turner, Jared Sullinger and Amir Johnson all on the court at the same time - this is basically what that Sixers team would look like.  The defensive would cram the paint, and the Sixers would be completely in capable of making them pay for it. 

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2016, 10:40:57 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

Phili receives Rubio

MIN receives Bradley
MIN gives up Rubio

BOS receives Okafor/Noel
BOS gives up Bradley

Who says no?
Boston.

I don't think Noel or Okafor is as valuable as Bradley (maybe the team's best perimeter defender and best shooter amongst the guards) individually. Noel and Okafor together would be great value for Bradley but you can't play them together and Boston would have to give up another piece to make it happen which changes the deal.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2016, 10:53:42 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7

Phili receives Rubio

MIN receives Bradley
MIN gives up Rubio

BOS receives Okafor/Noel
BOS gives up Bradley

Who says no?

Rubio cannot shoot to save his life - he would not work well at all alongside those bigs.

Imagine Rajon Rondo, Marcus Smart, Evan Turner, Jared Sullinger and Amir Johnson all on the court at the same time - this is basically what that Sixers team would look like.  The defensive would cram the paint, and the Sixers would be completely in capable of making them pay for it.

Rubio you are correct sir.  Simmons shooting struggles I think are over magnified, he has a solid mid range game and now that basketball his is job he could very well develop a better jumper.  Noel has a very solid mid range game and embiid could stretch to the three point line.  Phi is in a good position to draft shooters, sign them under big contracts, or trade for them (they also have stauskas).  Also while there team finally is starting to look like it's coming together they are far from competing.  Imo I feel like they want to dump okafor and would very well gamble on a good young point guard.  So I disagree that phi says no.  And IMO there is no way BOS says no.  I was thinking more so MIN might with lavine playing good ball (but Bradley is also phenomenal value, can be a leader for now, and would fit well current and long term).

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 11:07:34 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Haven't we finally gotten to the point where we all agree to not give up too much for Noel or Okafor?  It seems like these off-season threads just churn away...

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 11:17:39 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Haven't we finally gotten to the point where we all agree to not give up too much for Noel or Okafor?  It seems like these off-season threads just churn away...
what would be the payout if I put 100 bucks on Philly making the playoffs this year ?

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2016, 11:30:37 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'm still shocked there were no trade rumors on draft night for Philly bigs( especially Noel)other than the celts. Not even lowball offer rumors( that I recall)

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2016, 12:50:18 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Phili receives Rubio

MIN receives Bradley
MIN gives up Rubio

BOS receives Okafor/Noel
BOS gives up Bradley

Who says no?

Rubio you are correct sir.  Simmons shooting struggles I think are over magnified, he has a solid mid range game and now that basketball his is job he could very well develop a better jumper.  Noel has a very solid mid range game and embiid could stretch to the three point line.  Phi is in a good position to draft shooters, sign them under big contracts, or trade for them (they also have stauskas).  Also while there team finally is starting to look like it's coming together they are far from competing.  Imo I feel like they want to dump okafor and would very well gamble on a good young point guard.  So I disagree that phi says no.  And IMO there is no way BOS says no.  I was thinking more so MIN might with lavine playing good ball (but Bradley is also phenomenal value, can be a leader for now, and would fit well current and long term).
Thompson and Covington are pretty solid outside shooters.  Marshall has shown flashes as well.  They added Bayless (~44% last year), Rodriguez, Saric, and even Henderson all who should be 35% or better.  They have shooters, they just don't have any go to #1 scoring options that are good shooters (unless Embiid really shows to have that skill).

Philly just needs to find the right lineup mix.  If they do and do early enough, I think they could be a real surprise team this year and could get up to the low 30 wins.  I would peg them more in the low 20's for wins, but I certainly can envision a scenario where it comes together for them.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2016, 02:04:23 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
what would be the payout if I put 100 bucks on Philly making the playoffs this year ?

If you really are high on Philly this season, you should put like a thousand dollars on them to win more than 24-25 games. That is what Vegas has them at and you can place that bet just about anywhere in Nevada legally

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2016, 03:13:04 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

If you really are high on Philly this season, you should put like a thousand dollars on them to win more than 24-25 games. That is what Vegas has them at and you can place that bet just about anywhere in Nevada legally
I don't bet but I'd put $100 on over-25 for Phill this year.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2016, 04:14:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

What would be the payout if I put down $100 on them to win over 25 games?

Can you put money on the making the playoffs?  I don't understand Vegas gambling.  If I throw down $100 on them making the playoffs (which literally nobody in their right mind expects) and they actually made the playoffs, could I buy a house?

I'm more just curious about gambling in general.  There's probably no listed odds for, "Philly makes the playoffs as the 8th seed, upset the top seed Celtics in Round 1"... but are there places that would take that bet?  How do they determine the payout amount for highly improbable bets like that?

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2016, 04:43:43 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Can you put money on the making the playoffs?  I don't understand Vegas gambling.  If I throw down $100 on them making the playoffs (which literally nobody in their right mind expects) and they actually made the playoffs, could I buy a house?

I'm more just curious about gambling in general.  There's probably no listed odds for, "Philly makes the playoffs as the 8th seed, upset the top seed Celtics in Round 1"... but are there places that would take that bet?  How do they determine the payout amount for highly improbable bets like that?

You can bet on almost anything in Vegas.  They just give you odds and pay out accordingly.  I'd guess Philly making the playoffs is at least 10-1, so your $100 pays out a grand. 

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2016, 04:44:55 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Professional gamblers are Crazy. Examples ore from the last Superbowl, they will bet 18k just to win 1 K dollars on what they see as a sure thing which was an offensive player to win the MVP.

Funny thing is Von Miller won the MVP and a thousand dollar bet would have won you 25 thousand back.