Author Topic: Low credibility Noel rumor  (Read 12047 times)

Re: Low credibility Noel rumor
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 07:02:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'd  do it, but I do not think it is legit.

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 09:31:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Approved

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 09:42:40 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I can see it for Philly.  Trading one somewhat disappointing high draft pick for another but at a decent contract and at a position of greater need all seems in order.  I can also see MIN trading Rubio for Noel straight up but I don't see why they need Boston in this.

For Boston, would we really trade Amir for Noel.  Doesn't seem like a win now trade although I think I would do it.  I just doubt Danny would do it.

It doesn't seem to be a win now deal, but it's deal that gives us his RFA rights next offseason while possibly still being able to fit a max free agent with cap space.  We would probably have to give up a little more considering Amir's UFA status next offseason.  Maybe expand the deal a little to help with our roster logjam.

to Boston: Noel
to Philly: Rubio and James Young
to Minnesota: Johnson and RJ Hunter

Works in the trade machine and maybe throw in lower level picks if you need to.

I could possibly get behind that deal taking a chance on Noel's development.

I would do that deal, I would also do the first deal, like them both. Also see the logic for all teams, I think this is more of a dump for Minny. Get her done!

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 10:18:40 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Thibs would love Amir, the big fella could be instrumental in making sure that young team stays cohesive and understands the concepts on Defense.

Just don't see them doing this before seeing how Dunn fares in the NBA. Although then again Rubio'a the definition of an old regime player. If Thibbs knows for a fact that Rubio isn't the guy than it could make sense for him to just cut ties before game one of the season.

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 10:42:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I can see it for Philly.  Trading one somewhat disappointing high draft pick for another but at a decent contract and at a position of greater need all seems in order.  I can also see MIN trading Rubio for Noel straight up but I don't see why they need Boston in this.

For Boston, would we really trade Amir for Noel.  Doesn't seem like a win now trade although I think I would do it.  I just doubt Danny would do it.

It doesn't seem to be a win now deal, but it's deal that gives us his RFA rights next offseason while possibly still being able to fit a max free agent with cap space.  We would probably have to give up a little more considering Amir's UFA status next offseason.  Maybe expand the deal a little to help with our roster logjam.

to Boston: Noel
to Philly: Rubio and James Young
to Minnesota: Johnson and RJ Hunter

Works in the trade machine and maybe throw in lower level picks if you need to.

I could possibly get behind that deal taking a chance on Noel's development.

I would do that deal, I would also do the first deal, like them both. Also see the logic for all teams, I think this is more of a dump for Minny. Get her done!
I don't think the C's are giving up enough in the original deal but I think adding Young and Hunter would be just enough to make it reasonable for all 3 teams. 

I was thrilled when we got Amir but getting Noel for just him and a couple of guys likely to be off the team after training camp is hard to turn down

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 12:23:10 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I just don't see why Minnesota would prefer Johnson to Noel.  Rubio for Noel straight up makes more sense to me.

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 01:55:13 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I just don't see why Minnesota would prefer Johnson to Noel.  Rubio for Noel straight up makes more sense to me.
Yibada publishes garbage daily.  Here's a rumor about us trading Amir Johnson to the Lakers for cap space:  http://en.yibada.com/articles/146884/20160731/nba-trade-rumors-lakers-celtics-working-out-amir-johnson-la.htm

It's just a click-bait blog that publishes junk ideas daily to get traffic from various fanbases.   

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2016, 04:22:16 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
This "report" cites "rumors" and  Yabida  ::)
Essentially useless BUT unlike a lot of these click bait headlines it works on the trade machine.
I'm not posting this as news but rather as a basis for discussion.

So you don't have to click the link here is the breakdown

To philly: Rubio
To Sota: Amir Johnson
To Boston: Nerlins

I think Philly would take this deal.

Boston would likely be happy to swap AJ for a younger shot blocking center though loosing AJ may have more impact on the squads mental make up then loosing his production.

Sota, I don't know. AJ  would provide steady vet presence and would slot in behind their young bigs on the rise but IDK.

What ya'll think?

Fair deal?
Lopsided?
Stop posting unsubstantiated rumors you click bait moron?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.parentherald.com/amp/articles/61340/20160815/nba-trade-rumors-celtics-76ers-timberwolves-blockbuster-three-way-involving.htm?client=safari

I think it's a pretty solid deal for all teams, really.

With Dunn in Minnesota Ricky Rubio is likely to become expendable REAL quick.  They can let him sit on the bench and become disgruntled, or they can trade him out for a quality big man to start alongside Towns - really the only thing that their roster still needs.  I really think Towns is better suited to the PF spot rather then the center spot, and Amir is an almost prototypical modern day center (can defend multiple positions, protect the paint, rebound, pass, hit the odd jumper, rim run) who also provides nice veteran leadership. I think the Timberwolves benefit more from Amir on the court then they do from Rubio sulking on the bench.

For the Celtics, is pretty much a no brainer.  With Thomas/Bradley/Crowder/Horford on this team we already have four guys who can hit the outside shot, meaning that Noel would be able to hang out around the rim as much as he wants. On the other hand our two bigger concerns right now are rebounding and the defensive mobility of our bigs - Noel solves both problems.  Pretty much a match made in heaven.

It's when it comes to the Sixers that the deal gets a big questionable.  Rubio is a talented player, but he absolutely cannot shoot to save his life, and isn't much of a scorer in general.  He's really a pure pass-first PG.  The two things the Sixers need the most right now are shooting and scoring, Rubio doesn't really help with either.  That said they were eager to chase Dunn it seems, who also had shooting concerns.  Albeit while Dunn isn't much of a shooter, he is a very capable scorer.

Honestly, if I am the 76ers I'd be declining this deal and trying to push for a direct trade with Boston or Marcus Smart or Terry Rozier.  Rubio's lack of shooting means he's not much more useful for them then Smart is, and while he is a bigger risk, Rozier probably makes more sense then either. 

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2016, 07:25:35 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I haven't thought this through but why wouldn't Minny just trade Rubio to Noel?  Amir is so much older than the rest of the Wolves team, seems like Noel could grow along with KAT/Wiggins/etc.

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2016, 09:39:56 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I haven't thought this through but why wouldn't Minny just trade Rubio to Noel?  Amir is so much older than the rest of the Wolves team, seems like Noel could grow along with KAT/Wiggins/etc.

A few people have said the same and you guys could be right. I would say it's more of a salary dump for Minny and with KAT why would they want to pay Noel a large salary? Maybe we would have to throw in some non-Nets picks to make it work?

All fantasy at this point. ;)

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2016, 10:00:03 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

A few people have said the same and you guys could be right. I would say it's more of a salary dump for Minny and with KAT why would they want to pay Noel a large salary? Maybe we would have to throw in some non-Nets picks to make it work?

Well Sota does have Dieng, who fills Noel's roll.
What they are lacking with KG fading is a vet who can help stabilize and lead by example at 20-25 min a game behind the young bigs.

AJ seems like a good bet to fill that role.

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2016, 10:03:04 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Yibada publishes garbage daily.  Here's a rumor about us trading Amir Johnson to the Lakers for cap space:  http://en.yibada.com/articles/146884/20160731/nba-trade-rumors-lakers-celtics-working-out-amir-johnson-la.htm

It's just a click-bait blog that publishes junk ideas daily to get traffic from various fanbases.

As stated in the original post this is not a credible rumor, just an interesting idea to discuss.

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2016, 10:15:30 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
As long as we can dump $6 million in salary before next offseason to offset Noel's cap hold , allowing the Celtics to still sign a max free agent and after signing that free agent resigning Noel causing the Cs to go over the cap, I would do it

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 11:07:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Well Sota does have Dieng, who fills Noel's roll.
What they are lacking with KG fading is a vet who can help stabilize and lead by example at 20-25 min a game behind the young bigs.

AJ seems like a good bet to fill that role.
They don't actually need that guy though and they still have Pekovic, who last time I checked, was a veteran that could stabilize and lead by example. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2016, 05:28:29 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
I think Rubio to Phili makes so much sense its unbelievable.  You have Rubio and Simmons dishing out to embiid & noel/okafor.  Having such great facilitators is the only reason turns their bigman logjam into a strength imo (it would especially help Jahlil to coexist).  I think we can get in there and trade for noel/okafor, with okafor being the more realistic piece.

Phili receives Rubio
Phili gives up Okafor/Noel

MIN receives Bradley
MIN gives up Rubio

BOS receives Okafor/Noel
BOS gives up Bradley

Who says no?