Author Topic: 2016 CB Draft: Central Division press conferences (Tuesday 8/16)  (Read 83831 times)

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Here, each of the GMs representing a team in the Southeast Division will provide an introduction / summary of their team, draft strategy, etc.  Other members should ask questions (directed to one or more GMs), and those GMs should attempt to answer the questions as well as they can.

For those participating, the opening blurbs can include some or all of the following:

1. Roster / depth chart
2. Statistics
3. Pictures
4. Statement regarding drafting philosophy (building for the future, contending now, etc.)
5. Toughest decision
6. Best move (trade, pick, etc.) / worst move
7. Your outlook for this coming season

It can be as substantial or as abbreviated as you want it to be.  These threads are open to all members, not just those posters who participated in the draft.  The more participation we get, the better.

==============================================================

Chicago Bulls (snively)
Cleveland Cavaliers (Kane3387)
Detroit Pistons (Denis998)
Indiana Pacers (Riah32)
Milwaukee Bucks (ChampKind)

Please, no questions until after all five teams have posted their pressers or until noon of the day of the pressers.  This thread should be reserved for the GMs to put up and work on their pressers until then.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:09:27 PM by Denis998 »

Re: 2016 CB Draft: Central Division press conferences (Tuesday 8/16)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
Reason I post this is because I have to go to work and wont be back until like 11pm. I followed the format of the previous threads so I think its all regulation.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 01:37:07 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
The Chicago Bulls
Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Roster/Projected Minutes:
PG: Ricky Rubio (30) / Ramon Sessions (18) / CJ Watson
SG: Danny Green (28) / Iman Shumpert (26) / Hollis Thompson
SF: Kevin Durant (35) / Gerald Green (18) / Paul Zipser
PF: Markieff Morris (30) / Trevor Booker (15)
C: Clint Capela (24)/ Channing Frye (16) / Salah Mejri / Georgios Papagiannis

This is way too long, so scroll down for the tl;dr version at the bottom.

Drafting Philosophy: Winning the lottery, I knew that I wanted to pick Kevin Durant. He gives you the incredible scoring volume and efficiency of the other superstars but in a more flexible package – he’s not as ball-dominant or single-focused in style as LeBron and his incredible size gives him more positional and defensive versatility than Curry. My goal was to build a single-superstar champion team around him in the vein of the 2011 Mavericks with Dirk Nowitzki.

Offensive Roles & Strategy: This will be an up-tempo offense built around speed, quickness, shooting, low-turnovers, the capacity for improvisation from multiple ball-handlers and the individual creation talents of Durant, Morris and Rubio. Coach Hoiberg emphasizes a free-flowing offensive attack that maximizes the creativity of his ball-handlers and gives combo forwards in particular a lot of room to attack in the half-court and transition (see his success with Royce White and Georges Niang at ISU).

The pairing of Durant and Morris then is key to our overall attack. Obviously, Durant will be expected to continue being a prime Dirk style match-up nightmare, too quick for bigs, too long to be bothered by smalls, too good a shooter to be consistently bothered by anyone, plus he’s too good a passer to get away with double teams. But to punish teams for putting their best defensive forward on KD, we have the multi-talented Markieff Morris. He’s one of the most well-rounded offensive PFs in the game, capable of punishing smaller guys in the low post, taking big guys off the dribble, or scoring over other combo forwards in the mid-post. He’s also a good ball-handler and strong passer who can hit spot-up Js out to 3, and an above the rim finisher as roll man or transition lane filler. To top it off, he’s built up a strong clutch resume. Playing for a coach who will earn his trust, I have the utmost confidence he will thrive punishing the weaker defenders he’ll be facing all season in KD’s wake.

Markieff’s scoring ability gives this offense another iso option to keep teams from loading up on Durant, but at heart this is decentralized offense thanks to the freedom that will be accorded Ricky Rubio. A masterful passer, virtuoso ballhandler and jitterbug-quick slasher, Rubio will push the tempo and force the defense to scramble at every opportunity. The league’s best advance passer in transition, he will unleash the devastating fast break force that is KD to an unprecedented degree, as well as one of the premiere fast break shooters in the game in Danny Green (and don’t forget open court gazelles like Morris, Capela, Booker and Gerald Green). In the half-court, he’ll have 4 legit weapons, with Capela providing a massive and prolific lob target off big man help, tremendous kick-out shooters in Green and Durant, as well as fruitful pick and pop/roll actions with Durant and Morris. And before you say he can’t shoot, his 3 point shot is actually passable (33% last year) and even though he can’t finish in traffic to save his life, he’s quite good at getting to the stripe, which allows him to contribute 4th option scoring volume (12 points per 36) at decent efficiency (53TS%).

Rounding out the starting 5’s offensive attack is Danny Green’s prolific long-range bombing, off-ball cutting and underrated secondary playmaking (gifted at attacking closeouts, a good passer and a solid PNR ball-handler) and Capela’s athletic finishing, which also includes excellent work on the offensive boards.

Off the bench, the scoring burden shifts from front to back, with Ramon Sessions and Gerald Green spearheading a similarly fast-paced attack. The dynamic will be similar to that of last year’s Bobcats, with Lin/Lamb as the playmaking and scoring duo flanked by athletic forwards and a stretch 5. Sessions is coming off a strong year for Washington (17/5 per 36 on 57TS%) and has tremendous quickness and ball-handling, strong finishing ability at the rim (making him a nice scoring alternate for Rubio w/ the starters). Gerald had a much rougher year for Miami, but getting back to an up-tempo Phoenix style offense with a big usage role makes me confident he can contribute at or near the explosive 21 points per 36 (56TS%) he gave Phoenix.

Shumpert and Booker provide tremendous transition speed and some spot-up jump-shooting while Frye provides some of the best floor-spacing the league has to offer with his high accuracy, high volume 3-point shooting (also providing a floor-spacing alternate to the starters). Shumpert will also be a key insertion with the starters to move Durant down to the 4 or 5 in super-fast smallball line-ups.

On the deep bench, a healthy Watson (had a calf injury last year that greatly limited him) provides steady, well-rounded play at PG (and very good 3-point shooting for possession when max floor spacing is key). Hollis Thompson provides size (6’8) and shooting (39% from 3 on significant volume for his career) low-mistake defense at either wing spot. Paul Zipser provides floor spacing and transition scoring as an athletic stretch combo forward. While technically a rookie, he’s physically mature and an experienced international pro with the physical tools and skill level to contribute right away in a Jonas Jerebko style role.

Salah Mejri is primarily a defensive big but also serves as a fine rim runner and lob finisher in the Brandan Wright mold. Finally there’s young Georgios Papagiannis. Don’t sleep on him just because he’s my 15th man. He could end up playing a big role. He’s got a huge body plus tremendous scoring gifts - part young Brook Lopez (great running floater, nifty pick and roll scorer, burgeoning mid-range game), part young Big Al (volume offensive rebounder and nifty hook shot out of the low post). Like both of those guys, I think he’ll be able to score prolifically right out of the gates.

Defensive Roles & Strategy: This team will enjoy the versatility to trap, hedge and switch heavily with the speed to run teams off the 3 line and the length and quickness to protect the rim. This style will prioritize turnover generation (feeding the offensive transition attack), and excellence on the defensive glass.

Possession creation will be a particular strength of this team – Rubio is the perennial league-leader in steal percentage and will be absolutely deadly at the top of this defense. Behind him Green and Durant and Capela are great threats to deflect, block and steal on and off ball. Morris too has a knack for causing turnovers. Shumpert and Booker will also be factors here off the bench. Mejri is a tremendous shot-blocking option off the deep bench who proved himself capable of rotation minutes with Dalls down the stretch. Defensive rebounding is also strong across the board, with Capela and Durant particularly good, Markieff a tough box-out guy, and Rubio and Green excellent rebounders at the guard spots. Booker and Shumpert provide additional glass support off the bench (along with Mejri in case of Capela foul trouble).

This team has extraordinary speed and length. The wingspans of my starters for perspective: Rubio – 6’7.75; D. Green 6’10; Morris 6’10.75; Durant 7’4.75(!); Capela 7’4.5. This length combined with excellent speed allows this team to swarm the ball and recover, both on perimeter PNR/PNPs but also in the post and off penetration. There is also plenty of man defensive quality. Green and Shumpert are among the best one-on-one defenders in the league for positions 1-3, Durant and Rubio are good in their own right, and Booker and Morris are both very adept at guarding power 3s and quick 4s. Capela has limited experience as a primary defensive anchor, but his tools are impeccable (can switch onto guards with his quickness and has the length and size to guard legit bigs) and his early results have been great.

Weaknesses/Mitigation:

Offensively, the team lacks high-level shooting at PG. But the option of Frye at the 5 and so many good shooting options 2-4 mitigates this weakness considerably. Another potential weakness is the lack of a clear-cut offensive 6th man/3rd option, which is a bit of pain when trying to cut out inconsistent guys from the rotation for the playoffs. But I think a free-flowing, non-uptight coach like Hoiberg can maintain his trust for the hot/cold Sessions/Gerald pairing even in the playoffs and I think it can work. Consider the Spurs as a recent example – how they maintain a 10-man rotation in the playoffs and avoid heavily consolidating offensive responsibility.

Some might also tsk-tsk at Markieff Morris for his lackluster production last year, but a closer look at the context explains it. He was terrible to start the year in Phoenix, but the trouble was clearly off-the-court related and was resolved with the trade to Washington. After a brief transition period learning Washington’s system he was quickly promoted to starting PF and put up 18/8 per 36 on 55TS% over his last 20, right on par with his career bests from happier days in Phoenix.

The defensive weak spots are on the bench with Frye and Sessions in particular, but these can be worked around with the other defensive roleplayers on the team, and Frye can always be ditched for Mejri as match-ups dictate. There’s also the question of how ready Capela is – will he be too foul prone? Can he maintain his focus and productivity with more minutes and more responsibility? But I think the recent success of similar young, athletic big men on the big stage (Tristan Thompson, Festus Ezeli, Bismack Biyombo, Steven Adams) bodes well for him.

You could also pick at Fred Hoiberg for underachieving with Chicago last year, but I’d counter that he was saddled with an ungainly, dysfunctional roster loaded with slowing, injured big name players and a bunch of young guys still not ready for primetime.

Tl;dr Summary:

Strengths:
•   Hyper-efficient superstar volume scoring from Kevin Durant with a supporting cast tailor-made for him
•   Extremely tough to match-up with ¾ with Durant and Markieff Morris – nowhere to hide bad forward defenders or small-ball guards. Clutch closing combo
•   Fast, long, smothering top 5 defense that will turn teams over at massive rates, protect the rim, sweep the defensive boards and power a blitzkrieg-style transition attack
•   Up-tempo, explosive offensive attack spearheaded by dynamic playmaking from Ricky Rubio, continued by Sessions off the bench
•   Good to great shooting 2-4 all the way to the deep bench, plus Mr. Stretch 5 in Frye
•   Excellent man defenders in Shumpert and Danny Green to contain premiere scorers on the perimeter and funnel them to shot-blockers
•   Strong overall rebounding
•   Good 2-way small-ball line-ups but enough shooting size to go big as needed
•   Championship roleplayers (Green, Shumpert, Frye) and high general BBIQ

Weaknesses:
•   Inconsistent deep shooting at PG
•   Lack of true 6th man (scoring responsibilities diffused between Sessions, Gerald Green and the rest of the bench)
•   Some streakiness/unreliability for the secondary scoring options
•   Defensive centers are still green – Capela entering his 3rd year, Mejri his 2nd (he’s 30 tho!)
•   Unproven coach

Outlook: A contender in 2011 Mavericks mold, but with more explosiveness and speed on both ends a bit less seasoning. A giant squid on D – smothering, stealing, swatting, swallowing. Powerful and versatile on offense, explosive in transition, plus the spacing, skill balance and high-end starpower to do damage in the half-court, especially in crunch time. The lack of bonafide offensive starpower behind Durant is a potential weakness to be exploited by the right team, as it was for 2011 Dallas.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 01:40:35 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
The Detroit Pistons
GM: Denis998
Coach: Stan Van Gundy
Roster

Reggie Jackson --- Ish Smith
CJ McCollum --- Tim Hardaway Jr. --- RJ Hunter
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson --- Lance Thomas
Blake Griffin --- Jon Leuer - Montrezl Harrell – Brice Johnson
Gorgui Dieng --- Joel Embiid - Spencer Hawes

Draft Philosophy

Blake Griffin
   With your first few draft picks the strategy should be to draft the BPA. Picking Blake was a no brainer here. I was really lucky to grab him with the 19th pick; he is easily a top 10 player in the NBA. Every single year he has made strides to improve his game. On top of his freak athleticism, he has added a killer post game, and has even stretched his game out to the 3-point line where he shot at an impressive 33% clip. My favorite aspect of his game is rarely seen, it is his amazing ball handling and passing ability; if need be he can be a point forward. During the time that Chris Paul was injured for an extended period of time, Blake’s name was often mentioned in the MVP race.

CJ McCollum
   Going into the 2nd round CJ was on the top of my draft board, was really excited to get him at #12. Coming into this previous season, he was a somewhat unknown prospect. He finally got his chance this season being the starting 2 guard alongside Lillard. He blossomed in that role and by seasons end earned the leagues MIP award, and rightly so. He is a player that is able to play both guard positions, often playing the point when Lillard was on the bench. Great passing ability, and a sharpshooter from the 3.

Reggie Jackson
   I mentioned that CJ was #1 on my depth chart, Reggie was #2. I pulled the trigger to trade for him when he was available late in the 2nd round. Reggie Jackson is nearly a carbon copy of our very own Isaiah Thomas, a player that was taken in the 1st round. All of their stats are nearly identical. Reggie Jackson is an ideal point guard to play with the players that were picked before him. He helps to space the floor and is also a threat for the dribble drive, as are CJ and Blake.

Quick Recap
   So far I have 3 players, averaging a combined 62 points, 14.8 rebounds, and 15.4 assists a game.
All of them have a good 3-point shot, averaging a combined 39%. What I like most about this team is the passing ability. This team is molding into a fast pace and space, ball movement offense. These 3 guys are my Big 3, and will go toe and toe with any other Big 3 in this league.

Gorgui Dieng
   He is where I started to mold the intricacies of the team. As I have mentioned with my depth chart of round 2, Dieng topped my list in the 5th round. I plan to have him as the starting center, as a result his numbers are going to take quite a boost, getting around 10 mpg extra playing time. I project him as a double-double kind of guy. What he brings to the table is defensive ability, averaging 1.1 steals and 1.2 blocks in 27 mpg. What I like about Dieng is that he has the ability to run the floor, and have the energy to play in a high pace offense. On top of the Defensive abilities that he brings to the floor, he is also a quite a good player on the offensive end, having the ability to shoot from midrange and even from 3. He shoots 30% from the 3-point line, 83% from the free throw line, and sports a 112 Offensive Rating. In my eyes, he is the perfect center to play alongside my Big 3.

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
   He is a defensive stalwart, having the ability to guard multiple positions, and most importantly having the ability to guard the premier offensive players of the league. As a rookie in the league, he sported a 2.05 DRPM, right behind Tony Allen. In his second year in the league is going to make great strides, and will likely be considered for an All NBA Defensive Team. His offensive game has a way to go, but there is more than enough fire power on this team for that end.

Bench

Ish Smith
   He is an optimal back up PG in the league. He made noise in NOLA this season, and after being traded to Philly mid-season he won them a few games. He has the ability to hold down the fort while CJ and Reggie are resting. He has respectable shooting ability, great passer, and rebounds well for a guard. Optimal glue guy off the bench.

Joel Embiid
   Joel is set to make his rookie debut this upcoming season, and by the looks of things he is healthy. A simple youtube search yields videos of his workout videos, and wow they are impressive. He has the tools to be a dominant center in the league. He has seemingly grown a few inches since being drafted; he looks as if he is currently 7’2. At least for the first half of the season, he will come off of the bench, however based on his play he can be upgraded to the starting center. I project him as a walking double-double machine. As he gets acclimated to the league, he is going to become a 19 points, 12 boards, and 2.5 blocks a game. I consider him a steal considering where in the draft I drafted him.

Jon Leuer
   He is an optimal stretch 4. He brings excellent 3-point shooting ability to the floor, all while being a respectable defender. I plan to use him in my small ball lineup when I put Blake at the 5.

Lance Thomas
   He is a 3 and D kind of guy. He is a great 3-point shooter, and does a great job defending. A real quality glue guy. 40% from 3

Tim Hardaway Jr.
   Similar player to that of Lance Thomas but is more of a 2 guard.  Advanced Stats say that he is one of the best defenders in the league.

Spence Haws
   Decent backup to the backup center that shoots the 3 ball at a high clip. Holds his own on defense.

RJ Hunter
   He has potential, but I see him as a good practice guy. Can defend, shoot, and pass.

Brice Johnson and Montrezl Harrell
   Will probably be in the D-League unless they are needed as a filler for injuries.

The System

I put a high emphasis on pace and space with good ball movement capabilities. The ball as going to be flying all over the court. There is going to be great space with the players I have, each and every one is a 3-point threat. There is going to be great pick and rolls/lobs with Dieng and Embiid. Within the starting lineup there will be 3 ball handlers to run pick and roll. With the floor spacing I have it is going to be easier for Reggie and CJ to drive to the rim, and Blake to post up. If any one of them is doubled, they will find the open man for the wide open shot. Versatility is key for this team, it has the ability to go both big and small, depending on if Blake is playing the 4 or the 5. When Blake is at the 5 I will play Jon Leuer as the stretch 4, and possibly Lance Thomas at the 3 for more shooting at the wing.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 01:47:27 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
This is all i got for now, have no more time to add to it as I have to get going to work. I will possibly add some more thoughts and comments later on tonight, and will write up a stats page in excel later on when I get home from work.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 02:30:41 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I put a high emphasis on pace and space with good ball movement capabilities. The ball as going to be flying all over the court. There is going to be great space with the players I have, each and every one is a 3-point threat. There is going to be great pick and rolls/lobs with Dieng and Embiid. Within the starting lineup there will be 3 ball handlers to run pick and roll. With the floor spacing I have it is going to be easier for Reggie and CJ to drive to the rim, and Blake to post up. If any one of them is doubled, they will find the open man for the wide open shot. Versatility is key for this team, it has the ability to go both big and small, depending on if Blake is playing the 4 or the 5. When Blake is at the 5 I will play Jon Leuer as the stretch 4, and possibly Lance Thomas at the 3 for more shooting at the wing.
Really? I was thinking the opposite when looking at your team, that you're an old school team who will really have problems spacing the floor. Only two of your starters are consistent 3 point threats. Jackson and McCollum. Hollis-Jefferson has absolutely no shot, while Griffin and Dieng only made 6 three pointers each the whole season. You're telling me two guys who could only make 6 3s all of last year are "3-point threats"? I really liked your team before your strategy, but now all I can picture is Hollis-Jefferson, Griffin, and Dieng bricking 3 after 3 while they're being screamed at to space the floor.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 02:48:17 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
Really? I was thinking the opposite when looking at your team, that you're an old school team who will really have problems spacing the floor. Only two of your starters are consistent 3 point threats. Jackson and McCollum. Hollis-Jefferson has absolutely no shot, while Griffin and Dieng only made 6 three pointers each the whole season. You're telling me two guys who could only make 6 3s all of last year are "3-point threats"? I really liked your team before your strategy, but now all I can picture is Hollis-Jefferson, Griffin, and Dieng bricking 3 after 3 while they're being screamed at to space the floor.
I might not have been as clear in writing than what was in my thoughts. I see Dieng and Blake as capable shooters, not necessarily 3 point specialists. I think the idea situation for the both of them is taking similar shots as did Kevin Garnett while at Boston, a step or two within the 3 point line. Taking shots as these will open up the floor, as well as let the two guys post up traditionally when needed.
the type of shots I am talking about can be seen in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XUQkneLgl8

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 02:55:02 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I might not have been as clear in writing than what was in my thoughts. I see Dieng and Blake as capable shooters, not necessarily 3 point specialists. I think the idea situation for the both of them is taking similar shots as did Kevin Garnett while at Boston, a step or two within the 3 point line. Taking shots as these will open up the floor, as well as let the two guys post up traditionally when needed.
So mid-range? That makes sense as both Dieng and Griffin have good mid-range jump shots. Still doesn't account for Hollis-Jefferson being a non-shooter, or the fact that you called each and every one of them a 3 point threat when only 2 of them are. But that strategy would make sense, and like I said before, I really liked your team during the draft.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 03:10:49 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
So mid-range? That makes sense as both Dieng and Griffin have good mid-range jump shots. Still doesn't account for Hollis-Jefferson being a non-shooter, or the fact that you called each and every one of them a 3 point threat when only 2 of them are. But that strategy would make sense, and like I said before, I really liked your team during the draft.
I will have to update the strategy later on when I get home from work, I see Reggie and CJ as the 3 point shooters, Blake and Gorgui as great mid range guys, and Rondae as a Pure lockdown defender.

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 04:19:47 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Your 2016 CBD Milwaukee Bucks

Depth chart (minutes)

PG: Chris Paul (33) / Zach LaVine (6) / Jarrett Jack (9) / Shane Larkin
SG: Arron Afflalo (20) / Zach LaVine (24) / Lance Stephenson (4) / John Jenkins
SF: Jeff Green (30) / Tobias Harris (12) Lance Stephenson (4) / Nick Young (2)
PF: Tobias Harris (20) / Donatas Motiejunas (14) / Frank Kaminsky (14)
C: Dwight Howard (30) / Cole Aldrich (12) / Frank Kaminsky (6) / JaVale McGee

Coach: Jason Kidd

Guys who shot 35% or better from three last season: Paul, LaVine, Afflalo, Stephenson, Harris (with Detroit).

With shooting and athleticism at every position, Milwaukee has the depth to go small and bomb the hoop from behind the three-point line. Packed with veteran talent and versatile young players, the Bucks will be able to score with anyone in the league. We're relying on LaVine and Harris, two freak athletes, to take the next natural step in their progression as players. If they can continue to create mismatches offensively, they'll power a team set up by Chris Paul and flushed away by Dwight Howard in the pick and roll. Lots and lots of ways to hurt you in MKE.

Defensively, this team will rely on Howard and Aldrich to be anchors in the paint while relying on Kidd to get the most out of his athletes like he did in 2014-15. No, there isn't a Greek Freak on the roster, but there's enough flexibility here to throw several different looks at opponents.

The X factors here? Motiejunas hasn't been healthy since 2014-15, but he says he's good to go for this fall. If he can return to the form that helped him average 12 and 6 while shooting over 50% from the field (and 36.8% from three), he'll give this team a major boost and more flexibility up front. Kaminsky isn't a great defender, but he can stretch the floor and clog the lane. Using him to dare Miami to shoot was a big, big factor in CHA's game three playoff win against the Heat last spring (http://www.sbnation.com/2016/4/25/11499536/frank-kaminsky-hornets-starter-heat-game-3-success).

And then there's the depth. The weird, sorta questionable depth. Guys like Jack, Stephenson, Young, and McGee are hit or miss guys. If I get two of them to play at the level they're capable, it's a win. If not, we cobble an eight-man rotation of Paul, LaVine, Afflalo, Green, Harris, (Motiejunas or Kaminsky), Howard, and Aldrich.

I like it.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 04:41:56 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
Indiana Pacers

Roster/Rotaton:
PG: Rondo/Mudiay/Rivers
SG: Butler/Rivers/Meeks/Malichi Richardson/Rashad Vaughn
SF: Harrison Barnes/Beasely/ Malichi Richardson / Christian Wood
PF: Jerebko/Faried/Wood
C:   Gobert/Asik

Coach: Nate McMillian
Drafting Philosophy:
Drafted the best player available in position of need in position of need in the first 5 rounds and then best player available after that. I started out going with mostly two way players then try to adjust and get guys to fill role

Strengths/Weakness: I think this team has a nice 10 man rotation, Muddiay will guard the shooting guards in most cases. My one weakness is possible backup SG.

I know this is a lame presser, if someone wants to add more go for it
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:49:06 PM by riah32 »
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 04:53:09 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Just missing Kane/Cleveland now.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri