Author Topic: For fun rumor/proposal: Okafor for o'quinn and mid first  (Read 4781 times)

Re: For fun rumor/proposal: Okafor for o'quinn and mid first
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 05:59:19 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Who says no?

http://en.yibada.com/articles/150327/20160810/nba-trade-rumors-76ers-knicks-working-out-jahlil-okafor.htm
It's an overpay for Philly.  Perhaps if New York throws in Porzingus.

Yibada is almost as stupid as realgm forum insiders, btw.  They post nonsense rumors daily for clicks.  You should know better than that.

Okafor for Jordan clarkson. Same site. Who says no?
Philly.  But according to that site, they would strongly consider trading Nerlens Noel for Brandon Ingram.

LA says no. Clarkson has gotten huge this summer and has been working on his stroke too. He's a legit NBA 2 guard now. Good find by LAL, getting him in the second round. Come to think of it, LA has been drafting very well for awhile now. Randle and Clarkson in 14, Russell and Nance in 15, Ingram and Zubac in 16. Good young core they've got.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 11:15:50 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Randle stinks.

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 03:06:09 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
The hate on Okafor is extreme right now. Who the expletive is O'Quinn?

Philly won't trade a big unless it is a good deal based on their valuation of their players, not what we think the league wide value is. I don't know why people think they would sell low on one of the only major assets they have. His path is up

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 05:31:16 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Who says no?

http://en.yibada.com/articles/150327/20160810/nba-trade-rumors-76ers-knicks-working-out-jahlil-okafor.htm

O'Quinn and Justin Holiday will do very little to improve Philly's roster; and if they want to take a gamble with players of this calibre they do not need to give up Okafor for them.

Based on this, I would say Philly says no, but then the site says

and a future draft pick

Since this is clearly the most valuable item from Philly's POV in the trade it is absurd that the site does not specify which pick this could be. Having said this, even in the best case scenario (2017 pick: NYC might be a lottery team, draft is only a year away, and the draft is considered to be good) I still think Philly says no: why give up a good prospect with still three years on his rookie contract for a potentially non-lottery pick? Especially if you are Philadelphia and you have future draft picks running through your ears? And you know you won't be able to re-sign all these young prospects you already have?

I mean, Philly already has 3 first rounders (all of them prolly lottery ones) for 2017 (their own, LAL protected 1-3 and SAC's) and lots of second rounders 2018-21. If they are giving up Okafor it will be for players of proven value (this value might be mediocre but it will still have to be proven instead of picks or risks such as Holiday).

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 05:50:55 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

Philly won't trade a big unless it is a good deal based on their valuation of their players, not what we think the league wide value is. I don't know why people think they would sell low on one of the only major assets they have. His path is up
Because no one is willing to pay much for a center with his limitations. Philly can't force teams to give up assetts for Okafor. And the alternative is to try and shoehorn him into a roster crammed with bigs where he won't get minutes and his value will just continue to decrease.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2016, 06:41:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Because no one is willing to pay much for a center with his limitations. Philly can't force teams to give up assetts for Okafor. And the alternative is to try and shoehorn him into a roster crammed with bigs where he won't get minutes and his value will just continue to decrease.

it really is debatable how good an asset he is. I realize his raw numbers are good, but there does seem to be at least some executives and talent evaluators that not high on the total package of him. I am fascinated to see what he ends up getting traded for.

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 02:03:35 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

They have a rotation of 5 bigs. One returning from serious injury and 3 of them coming in for their first season in the NBA. There will not be as big a roster crunch as people imagine. They have a year to sort it out and as I've said I dont think Okafors league value is going to get lower.

The fact nothing has happened is about as significant as saying Marcus Smart hasn't been traded. It's as much a reflection on how much Philly value Okafor as it is the league wide value being low. Noone values Smart as much as us and therefore it's highly unlikely we trade him.

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 06:17:10 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
It doesn't really matter because as soon as I see yibada I disregard and move on.

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 07:51:41 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Who says no?

It's an overpay for Philly.  Perhaps if New York throws in Porzingus.

Yibada is almost as stupid as realgm forum insiders, btw.  They post nonsense rumors daily for clicks.  You should know better than that.

Okafor for Jordan clarkson. Same site. Who says no?
Philly.  But according to that site, they would strongly consider trading Nerlens Noel for Brandon Ingram.
I honestly think clarkson for Okafor would be a pretty good deal for both teams. Clarkson really provides them some scoring from the guard spot that would open up everything for Noel and embiid to operate
Honestly, it would depend how high Philly was on Clarkson.  And they are probably just better off waiting to see how Bayless, Henderson and Rodriguez shoot with Simmons controlling the ball. 

D'Angelo Russell for Okafor makes some sense for both teams, tho
are you really going to say anyone in the world needs to see how Rodriguez and bayless look? Bayless is so bad it's hard to remember he played for the Celtics and Rodriguez is a poor mans ish smith. Henderson could be solid but he is less of a typical guard

Is that Sergio Ridriguez? Most selfish player I'd seen in while.