Author Topic: Watched 3 team USA games, it looks Klay and KD don't play well together  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Don't know if any warriors fans feeling nervous now ;)
Klay was the worst team USA player in the first 2 games, scoring 2 points in total against 2 very weak teams, today he's 2/6 and failed to stay in front of Mills.

KD was excellent in the first two games but today was just down right awful.

Re: Watched 3 team USA games, it looks Klay and KD don't play well together
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 08:31:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Durant is really used to playing a lot of ISO. Curious to see how this jives with the Warriors motion offense. People forget that what made Klay effective is running off screens and playing in the type of offense they've been running since his second year.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 08:38:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
While I agree KD and Klay don't look like they fit together, I think over time, they eventually will. Klay is a catch and shoot scorer with the occasional drive in, or mid range pull up.

Durant is an ISO scorer that is an exceptional passer for his position, and can adapt to any teams offensive scheme.

The only issue with GSW is who is coming off the bench to score and run with the 2nd unit, and who is the most likely to be disgruntled? I think Klay may start, and play heavy bench minutes to take advantage of 2nd units, and I think most likely he'll be the one sacrificing the touches.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 09:41:45 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Chill chill this is Coach K coaching Klay/Durant, not Coach Steve Kerr yet lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 10:45:40 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
They will be fine once they are in an offense built for them. The players and Kerr will figure out how to make it work.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 11:36:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I can't wait until they struggle a bit out of the gate  and everybody starts freaking out lol

It's going to take them some time to acclimate to each other and learn chemistry and how to share shots/not waste their limited opportunities on stupid attempts. They'll probably still win around 60 games or so, but contrary to popular opinion it's not going to be another season like last year where they dominate the league without any controversy.

Even with more individual talent, I think last year's team will be the better overall team than this year's iteration. We're a perfect example of how fit and chemistry can make the team better than sum of its parts, but that's something that I don't see with this current squad. Last year's squad was much better-fitting in both style and role than this year's team, and I think we'll see that play out over the next year or so with them.

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 01:28:16 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I can't wait until they struggle a bit out of the gate  and everybody starts freaking out lol

It's going to take them some time to acclimate to each other and learn chemistry and how to share shots/not waste their limited opportunities on stupid attempts. They'll probably still win around 60 games or so, but contrary to popular opinion it's not going to be another season like last year where they dominate the league without any controversy.

Even with more individual talent, I think last year's team will be the better overall team than this year's iteration. We're a perfect example of how fit and chemistry can make the team better than sum of its parts, but that's something that I don't see with this current squad. Last year's squad was much better-fitting in both style and role than this year's team, and I think we'll see that play out over the next year or so with them.

I agree, but you can say that about almost any super team. Celtics Big 3 was one of the exceptions, simply because Pierce, Allen, and Garnett all made sacrifices, and knew how to play unselfishly. There are definitely going to be questions about how comprehensibly their offensive schemes and plays would be run with Curry, Durant, Klay, and Green all demanding the ball.

Either way, I don't think Durant is going to win the MVP unless he literally drops 35 PPG. His stock with excluding Warriors fans has plummeted, no one is going to be putting him in their top 3, and I will be definitely vying for Westbrook as the underdog MVP.

GSW is going to be hated. A lot. I hope Curry, Klay, Durant, and Green are all prepared for the barrage of pessimists headed their way, and whether or not they can weather the adversity.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 04:34:06 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

I agree, but you can say that about almost any super team. Celtics Big 3 was one of the exceptions, simply because Pierce, Allen, and Garnett all made sacrifices, and knew how to play unselfishly. There are definitely going to be questions about how comprehensibly their offensive schemes and plays would be run with Curry, Durant, Klay, and Green all demanding the ball.

Either way, I don't think Durant is going to win the MVP unless he literally drops 35 PPG. His stock with excluding Warriors fans has plummeted, no one is going to be putting him in their top 3, and I will be definitely vying for Westbrook as the underdog MVP.

GSW is going to be hated. A lot. I hope Curry, Klay, Durant, and Green are all prepared for the barrage of pessimists headed their way, and whether or not they can weather the adversity.

Yeah, the MVP race will be interesting this year. Unless they pull off another magical 70 win season again, I don't see anyone from GS winning it. First, there's going to be some significant statistical drops by adding Durant to the mix, so both Durant and Curry will both probably see statistical drops. Second, I think it'd be really hard for Steph to win it again, both because of burnout from the last two years and the fact that he's ultimately choked and played like crap in the Finals when it really mattered the last two years.

Westbrook will be in the conversation, but unless they can be a top two or three team in the West, I don't see him getting it. Lebron is always a threat, too, but I think he's smart enough to play it easy and cool through the season with as old as he's getting with as many miles as he has on his legs. A darkhorse contender would be Paul George if they can be a top-two team in the East. He was playing MVP-level ball to start off last year. I ultimately think that the top-4 of the East (Cleveland, Boston, Toronto, and Indiana) will all be pretty close record-wise, so they could potentially sneak up there and give George the MVP if he plays at the MVP-level that he's shown he's capable of. Kawhi and Paul/Griffin are also possibilities.

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 04:51:33 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
too early for such a conlusion

besides team usa is not gsw

also, consider they must still be recovering from the playoffs - both physically and emotionally. imo it is not a coincidence that melo is the best player of usa.

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 04:58:38 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
draymond green seems on a self destruct path with his whacking lebron, to his selfies going public
when i was a kid wilt chamberlain moved around and jerry wests lakers seemed like the big three teams  of today but scrappy celts found a way-