Author Topic: What about Nikola Jokic for Kelly Olynyk??  (Read 5784 times)

What about Nikola Jokic for Kelly Olynyk??
« on: August 10, 2016, 03:11:26 PM »

Online otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
Trade worked straight up in ESPN trade machine.  Increased Boston's wins by 5, and decreased Denver's wins by 4,  so I guess we would have to add some players or picks.  Denver would probably have no interest, but I was wondering what you thought.  Would Jokic fit in Brad's system?  Nikola would have a cap hold of $1,417,000 in July 2017 vs. Kelly's cap hold of $7,735,035 (not QO).  I have no idea how Jokic's defense is.  I was trying to replace some of the positive aspects of Kelly's game while also creating more cap space for next summer.

Re: What about Nikola Jokic for Kelly Olynyk??
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 03:15:21 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I really hope this is a joke.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 03:18:56 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Jokic is a lot more valuable than Kelly at the moment. Hes a really promising young player.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 03:28:32 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Jokic is a hot item right now for sure. I'm skeptical that his long term potential is as high as most people think. Let's see how year 2 goes.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 03:41:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Trade worked straight up in ESPN trade machine.  Increased Boston's wins by 5, and decreased Denver's wins by 4,  so I guess we would have to add some players or picks.  Denver would probably have no interest, but I was wondering what you thought.  Would Jokic fit in Brad's system?  Nikola would have a cap hold of $1,417,000 in July 2017 vs. Kelly's cap hold of $7,735,035 (not QO).  I have no idea how Jokic's defense is.  I was trying to replace some of the positive aspects of Kelly's game while also creating more cap space for next summer.
You really think THAT is what determines how equitable a trade is?! SMH.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 03:43:56 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I just....I don't....I....Wow....smh. Face Palm. Double face palm. All of that.

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 04:29:02 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
We might as well trade Jordan Mickey for KAT. Oh wait that increases the Celtics wins by 12 and decreases the Wolves by 8. We would probably have to include some picks and salaries to make it work.  8)
#JKJB

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 04:37:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I think it is more of a joke-ic  :P

But, yeah, no way does Denver do this unless we include some of our top players / picks. Jokic may never end up being an all-star, but he had a great rookie year and teams typically don't bail on their rookies who were in the top 3 of rookie of the year voting.

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 04:43:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Ah yes, the "Criminally underrate Nikola Jokic because he plays for Denver and wasn't a highly touted draft prospect" is becoming quite the forum and Twitter classic.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 05:48:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Jokic for the 2018 Nets pick is closer to being a fair trade.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

At first I was thinking that this was the worst trade offer I have read in my years on the board, then realized you were joking when I got to the point about the ESPN trade machine.

TP, thanks for the humor.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 07:11:07 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
No need for the excessive snarky and sarcastic remarks. I think by now the OP realizes this proposal is far-fetched, and to his credit, it's not like Jokic is a household name yet. The nuggets won't accept this offer, but Jokic is by no means untouchable, like a proposal with Towns or Steph Curry or something.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 11:09:55 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I think it is more of a joke-ic  :P

But, yeah, no way does Denver do this unless we include some of our top players / picks. Jokic may never end up being an all-star, but he had a great rookie year and teams typically don't bail on their rookies who were in the top 3 of rookie of the year voting.

TP!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 11:24:16 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'd give up way more for Jokic than Okafor.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 11:29:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
While I readily admit that Jokic has way more value than Olynyk and there's no way a trade like that would go down, I think Jokic is completely overrated and overhyped on this board. I didn't watch a ton of Denver last year, but what I did watch didn't overly impress me with Jokic. He seems like Vucevic 2.0 and not much more.