Author Topic: NBA player disowned by family in Turkey changes name to honor US-based cleric  (Read 1414 times)

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I haven't been following the whole turkey stuff, can someone give me a brief explanation?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
So I'm guessing he won't be appearing on their national team any time soon?

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I haven't been following the whole turkey stuff, can someone give me a brief explanation?

The failed coup appears to have been a hoax put on by their sitting dictator.  Thousands have been subsequently rounded up and detained for making the mistake of assuming their speech was free. 

Just speculating, but Kantors family would have likely been in grave danger had they NOT done this.   Enes came out pretty strongly in favor of the coup...   Scary stuff

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

The failed coup appears to have been a hoax put on by their sitting dictator.  Thousands have been subsequently rounded up and detained for making the mistake of assuming their speech was free. 

Just speculating, but Kantors family would have likely been in grave danger had they NOT done this.   Enes came out pretty strongly in favor of the coup...   Scary stuff

Worst. Ally. Ever.

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Worst. Ally. Ever.

Erdogan is now like Mugabe - either you kill him, or he rules forever.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

I see. Thanks and TP for the explanation.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about