Author Topic: If you could only have 15 movies  (Read 20939 times)

Re: If you could only have 15 movies
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2016, 07:09:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I'm going on the top of my head here. I reserve the right to change things if need be. But, here's my 15.

Rocky (I)
The Godfather
The Godfather II
Die Hard
Mad Max: Fury Road
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
The Hangover (1)
The Big Lebowski
I-Robot
The Blair Witch Project
Jurassic Park (1st)
The Army of Darkness
All three Lord of the Rings (that will put me to 15)

I feel I gotta give Scott Pilgrim a chance. I know it's got a cult following. Great call on Army of Darkness. I've watched that multiple times with friends. Great lines everywhere. " this is my boomstick!!" " Shop smart, S Smart! Got it?!!"
Scott pilgrim is a keeper.  I didn't put it on my 15 but love the movie.  Bluths!

Couldn't do Scott Pilgrim.  I tried a couple of times.

Yup

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2016, 08:51:43 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'm going on the top of my head here. I reserve the right to change things if need be. But, here's my 15.

Rocky (I)
The Godfather
The Godfather II
Die Hard
The Hangover (1)
The Big Lebowski
I-Robot
The Blair Witch Project
Jurassic Park (1st)
The Army of Darkness

I feel I gotta give Scott Pilgrim a chance. I know it's got a cult following. Great call on Army of Darkness. I've watched that multiple times with friends. Great lines everywhere. " this is my boomstick!!" " Shop smart, S Smart! Got it?!!"
Scott pilgrim is a keeper.  I didn't put it on my 15 but love the movie.  Bluths!

Acquired taste.  I love Wes Anderson films and have friends who shake their heads

« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2016, 08:55:31 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Wizard of Oz
Warrior
Man of steel, BVS
Scrooge- Albert Finney
Raising Arizona
The Naked Gun
Karate Kid
Lars and  The real Girl
The giver
Jaws
Hoosiers
The Thing
Seven
Shawshank Redemption
Better off Dead

Totally forgot about Seven. That's a great one.
Would you believe 7 is considered the first true date of my wife and myself  :-*

« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2016, 12:34:45 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I wouldn't remind your wife that your first date was to that movie...

Just sayin.....

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2016, 12:43:55 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Wizard of Oz
Warrior
Man of steel, BVS
Scrooge- Albert Finney
Raising Arizona
The Naked Gun
Karate Kid
Lars and  The real Girl
The giver
Jaws
Hoosiers
The Thing
Seven
Shawshank Redemption
Better off Dead

Totally forgot about Seven. That's a great one.
Would you believe 7 is considered the first true date of my wife and myself  :-*

Haha nice! Unfortunately, my first date with my wife ended up at a "gentlemen's club." A few friends of mine that we saw at our restaurant were going to one for a bachelor party, and my wife had never been to one and wanted to go. So, that's what we ended up doing, and let's just say it was awkward lol  :o

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2016, 03:25:26 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
I'm watching Walking Tall (the remake) right now. It;s actually a pretty entertaining film that I always watch when it's on. It's one of the few "The Rock" films that I actually enjoy, though having Johnny Knoxville in there helps, too.

Doom is another entertaining movie with the Rock in it.

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2016, 09:32:59 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I'm watching Walking Tall (the remake) right now. It;s actually a pretty entertaining film that I always watch when it's on. It's one of the few "The Rock" films that I actually enjoy, though having Johnny Knoxville in there helps, too.

The Rock is great. He had about 15 minutes of screen time in that last Fast 7 Furious movie and had to say some really ridiculous dialogue and he sells the hell out of it. I also like one of his early movies, The Rundown. It's a little silly but great fun. I'm also looking forward to seeing Central Intelligence.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2016, 09:46:17 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Great choices given by fellow CB's!

My list is here and is about the writers:

Chinatown (Mrs. Mulray despondent "She's my daughter..." Gittes slaps her again...Mrs. Mulray "She's my sister...")

Casablanca (in real life, actor Viedt who played nazi Major Strasser, escaped the nazis and eventually emigrated to the US)

Wizard of Oz (Flying monkeys still scare the bejeezus out of me)

Men in Black (Tommy Lee Jones went to school in your neighborhood...Harvard)
The Fugitive (Kimble holds  Gerard at gunpoint..."I didn't kill my wife!")

Lawrence of Arabia (Oscar for Richard Bolt...definition of Messianic complex)

Animal House (..."Shot by his own troops...")
The French Connection (Roy Scheider as detective Russo in reply to Popeye's offer to go to a bar..."drink dis!...").

Twelve Angry Men (Fonda found the script and co produced..."Hi, this is Henry Fonda, I'm making a film...do you want to be in it?" the top actors of the era said "yes")

The Gladiator (opening battle scene...)
Godfather I (Sonny...Hey, listen, I want somebody good - and I mean very good - to plant that gun. I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his d**k in his hands, alright?)

Shawshank Redemption (he moves the rock and...there is the box)
City Lights (Chaplin..how to tell a story without dialogue)

The Verdict(cross examination..."you mean doctor, she threw up into her mask...")
The Magnificent Seven (remake of "Seven Samurai")

Hoosiers (1954 - Butler Field house, Milan HS (161 students) beats 4 time state champ Muncie Central for Indiana title..where you gonna get that?)

These aren't on the top 15, but, I couldn't help it:

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (comedy ensemble of some of the greatest vaudeville stars ever)
A Man for All Seasons (Richard Bolt, writer)
The Shining (Duvall was the perfect wife for Jack)
Silence of the Lambs (Jodie Foster rips the front door open and...)
Toy Story (Tommy Hanks is such a good actor, his voice can act)
It's a Wonderful Life (Life isn't "Wonderful" it is brutal...ask Jimmy Stewart)
Usual Suspects ("the greatest trick the devil ever pulled...")
Pulp Fiction (Uma Thurman...[dang]!)
Alien (Who else is going to have Weaver in her shorts blowing away the toughest monster ever)
Something About Mary ("We got a a bleeder!")

The Russians are Coming the Russians Are Coming (Newton boy, Nat Benchley nominated for authoring this one and his son, Peter wrote...
Jaws (We're gonna need a bigger boat")

Patton (married a girl from Beverly Farms, Mass)
Witness (Oscar for Screenplay)
Citizen Kane
The Sting (Johnny looks up and...it's her! She's walking towards him...(gunshot))
Dr. Zhivago (Julie Christie...OMG)
Fargo ("and I guess that's your accomplice in the wood chipper...?")
The Fifth Element (Milla...wow)

Nice list and nice trivia

I love Patton and Casablanca too

btw don't you think that seven samurai > magnificent seven?

Also, yes Jovovich walking around half naked..  8)

« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2016, 10:01:57 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

The Rock is great. He had about 15 minutes of screen time in that last Fast 7 Furious movie and had to say some really ridiculous dialogue and he sells the hell out of it. I also like one of his early movies, The Rundown. It's a little silly but great fun. I'm also looking forward to seeing Central Intelligence.

I like the Rock as an actor as much as I like the Rock the wrestler lol. Central Intelligence was awesome in my opinion and his character in the Fast series was definitely one of my favorite characters

« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2016, 10:30:56 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Rocky (I)
The Godfather
The Godfather II
Die Hard
The Hangover (1)
The Big Lebowski
I-Robot
The Blair Witch Project
Jurassic Park (1st)
The Army of Darkness

Acquired taste.  I love Wes Anderson films and have friends who shake their heads

Love Wes Anderson's films too. 
Yup

« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2016, 11:27:24 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104

Rocky (I)
The Godfather
The Godfather II
Die Hard
The Hangover (1)
The Big Lebowski
I-Robot
The Blair Witch Project
Jurassic Park (1st)
The Army of Darkness

Funny. My friends and I recently were discussing movies and I'm the outsider on wed Anderson movies. They don't do it for me but most all my friends are big fans.

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2016, 11:49:39 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

I like the Rock as an actor as much as I like the Rock the wrestler lol. Central Intelligence was awesome in my opinion and his character in the Fast series was definitely one of my favorite characters

Yeah, The Rundown was another good one that I liked him in. I'm not a Fast and Furious guy at all, so I didn't really watch him in any of those. The Scorpion King was another good one of his. As for Pain and Gain, I'm pretty sure I've watched it, but I think I was busy writing a paper or something while watching it, so I didn't pay much attention and don't really remember it.

« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2016, 06:49:37 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Yeah, The Rundown was another good one that I liked him in. I'm not a Fast and Furious guy at all, so I didn't really watch him in any of those. The Scorpion King was another good one of his. As for Pain and Gain, I'm pretty sure I've watched it, but I think I was busy writing a paper or something while watching it, so I didn't pay much attention and don't really remember it.
Pain and Gain was pretty funny. The Rock was good in that one, too.

I'm also not much for the Fast and Furious movies but The Rock shines in them.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2016, 08:32:43 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Casablanca
Unbreakable
Chinatown
The Graduate
Dirty Harry
High Noon
Spiderman 2
Monty Python & The Holy Grail
The Limey
Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid
Stripes
Reservoir Dogs
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Somewhere in Time
King Creole
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2016, 09:20:43 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
BTW.....All the Batman movies have been terrible....The basic reason: They only care about the Villains...Not Enough actual BATMAN in the freaking Batman Movies. Awful.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.