Author Topic: Jae Crowder vs Dwight Powell  (Read 2387 times)

Jae Crowder vs Dwight Powell
« on: August 09, 2016, 01:44:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Comparison

-Who has a better offensive game?
-Who is the better defender?
-Who has a higher upside?

Re: Jae Crowder vs Dwight Powell
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 01:48:31 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
- Crowder
- Crowder
- Crowder

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 01:49:41 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
- Crowder
- Crowder
- Crowder

/EndThread

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 01:53:50 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I mean, come on Triboy. I appreciate the fact that you start thread topics to create discussion, but this one doesn't really work. Is there anybody in the world, other than Dwight Powell's parents, who would take Powell over Crowder?

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 01:59:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I mean, come on Triboy. I appreciate the fact that you start thread topics to create discussion, but this one doesn't really work. Is there anybody in the world, other than Dwight Powell's parents, who would take Powell over Crowder?

yikes. They are not even on a similar level. Crowder is a legit starter that plays good defense and has some offensive skills (and started on a 48 win team). Dwight Powell was a deep bench player that averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds and didn't score in 3 of their 5 playoff games. Let's end the thread.

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 01:59:10 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Comparison

-Who has a better offensive game?
-Who is the better defender?
-Who has a higher upside?

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 02:35:19 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
And the final nail in the coffin: Crowder is paid about $2 million less per season.

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 02:39:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's not even close.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 02:51:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Has Powel received a proper shot to show what he has (full extent)

What is funny and many here dont realize is, if the trade never occured -- Powel may look as good as crowder does now.

Crowder owes cbs big time, because he didnt play much differently as a Mav

This pointed out. Crowder while looks better and consistent on the offensive end, Powel is no lightweight on the defensive end.  For example against a guy like Lebron or Durant, i rather have powell on them vs 6'5-6'6 crowder

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 02:59:24 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

What is funny and many here dont realize is, if the trade never occured -- Powel may look as good as crowder does now.

This pointed out. Crowder while looks better and consistent on the offensive end, Powel is no lightweight on the defensive end.  For example against a guy like Lebron or Durant, i rather have powell on them vs 6'5-6'6 crowder

You'd rather cover Lebron or Durant with an inferior defensive player than couldn't keep up with them than a great defensive player that can keep up and is strong enough to bang with them, but is a little on the shorter side? That's like saying you'd rather have McBuckets cover Klay than AB
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 03:24:14 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i watched every red claw game he played in-he was a favorite of mine but no comparison here-maybe jerebko-i wish we had held him, very well rounded athlete-brads type of basketball player'well at least mine-but crowder,crowder,crowder

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 04:24:20 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
i watched every red claw game he played in-he was a favorite of mine but no comparison here-maybe jerebko-i wish we had held him, very well rounded athlete-brads type of basketball player'well at least mine-but crowder,crowder,crowder

Jerebko vs Powell would be an interesting argument.  On the one hand, Jerebko has the 3/4 versatility and shooting, but Powell has some 4/5 versatility and rebounding.  And with 3 other players at the 3 on the roster, and a couple of stretch bigs, you could definitely make the argument that Powell would be the better fit

But better than Crowder? Not a chance
I'm bitter.

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 04:40:58 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
And the final nail in the coffin: Crowder is paid about $2 million less per season.

This is amazing.

At least the Mavs were able to save a little face with the Rondo trade by keeping and signing Powell. Crowder and Yab for Powell is a terrible trade for the Mavs, but it's better than nothing...I think.

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You'd rather cover Lebron or Durant with an inferior defensive player than couldn't keep up with them than a great defensive player that can keep up and is strong enough to bang with them, but is a little on the shorter side? That's like saying you'd rather have McBuckets cover Klay than AB

I dont think you remember or watched many Mavs games. But Powell plays a in your face type defense.

Crowder is a better team defender at this point. Both are versatile and can guard multiple positions

And having crowder on lebron has been proven to be so so. When lebron turns on the jet, nothing much Crowder can do to stop him. I have seen Powell on Lebron, Leonard. His size and athleticism does a better job 1 on 1 against these type of forwards

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 05:08:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

I dont think you remember or watched many Mavs games. But Powell plays a in your face type defense.

Crowder is a better team defender at this point. Both are versatile and can guard multiple positions

And having crowder on lebron has been proven to be so so. When lebron turns on the jet, nothing much Crowder can do to stop him. I have seen Powell on Lebron, Leonard. His size and athleticism does a better job 1 on 1 against these type of forwards
This is a pretty bizarre comparison...