Author Topic: How can we help Miami get Gay?  (Read 5221 times)

Re: How can we help Miami get Gay?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 01:49:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
This thread is example a of the summer being too long. This makes absolutely no sense.

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 02:33:36 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Who are the firsts coming from? Are they protected? What years? Where does AB go?

I would imagine that AB would have to go to the Kings.  They have been rumored to like Avery.  I would think that we would get one from Sacramento and one from Miami.  I would be fine if they were top 8 or top 10 protected.

I am just throwing out some ideas as to how we can get involved.

Smitty77
Allow me to join the chorus. I am really opposed to this move.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 02:35:50 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If this team is going to be in perpetual draft choice accumulation mode, how do we ever compete for a title? Of our four core players (Bradley, Thomas, Crowder, Horford), we only got Bradley through the draft. How about using Bradley and some of our other assets to get stars that will make us a contender? I know that Ainge has been on this course and should continue in spite of some setbacks.

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 02:40:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
This thread is example a of the summer being too long. This makes absolutely no sense.
I agree the team just burned mutiple 1st round picks and 2nds on draft and stash guys and low value swaps. They literally can't use more picks.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:47:04 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 03:13:26 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Oops wrong thread.

No to helping Heat do anything. I wouldn't deal AB for Koufos
gay makes his teams worse, so we'd be hurting them, ha
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 03:14:10 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
A lot of people swinging hard at Smitty in this thread! If you wouldn't make the proposed deal perhaps suggesting an alternate option would be helpful?

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 07:19:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
A lot of people swinging hard at Smitty in this thread! If you wouldn't make the proposed deal perhaps suggesting an alternate option would be helpful?

The real question is why would you want to help MIA?   It makes little sense unless your a MIA fan, to me.

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 09:27:34 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

The real question is why would you want to help MIA?   It makes little sense unless your a MIA fan, to me.

If Miami are serious about wanting Gay then one of their two options is to move Winslow as part of that. If they were inclined to move Winslow here I would happily help them get Gay

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 09:43:16 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Thanks SundanceKid!!!!  I am CLEARLY not as smart as most on this board despite graduating from a top 10 graduate program (rated by U.S. News and World Report Graduate Rankings) in my major with a 3.8.  Maybe one day I can measure up with these guys!!!  One can always have a dream, right??:-))))

Smitty77

P.S. There are many on this board that think that we are CLOSE to contending for a championship.  We, unfortunately, are NOT!!!  We need to STOP pretending that we are!!  I sure would LOVE to be PROVEN wrong on this however!!:-))))

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2016, 11:40:11 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

The correct alternative is no deal.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference