Author Topic: How can we help Miami get Gay?  (Read 5217 times)

How can we help Miami get Gay?
« on: August 08, 2016, 11:43:52 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Is there any way that we can help the Heat trade for Rudy?  What can we get out of this?

I am a little weird and still think that Josh McRoberts' career can be resurrected.  He was the glue guy for a playoff team in Charlotte before going to the Heat via free agency and then getting hurt.  He was a tremendous passing big for the then Bobcats!!

If we included Avery in a possible three-way deal and filler (see James Young), could we get back McRoberts (should get a second round pick for taking him back) and Koufos and a couple of first rounders??

Smitty77

Re: How can we help Miami get Gay?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 11:54:32 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Oops wrong thread.

No to helping Heat do anything. I wouldn't deal AB for Koufos

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 11:57:27 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Ya beat me to it Smitty! I was just looking at that, the problem for Miami is that they would need to send out more than just McRoberts in any trade to make it work under the cap. Realistically they would have to either;

1) Use Dragic as the key piece in the trade which seems unlikely

2) Also send out Winslow. That would be a very win now move by Miami that also seems unlikely

We'd only be necessary in scenario 2 and even then I don't think they'd need us as I'm sure Sac would love to acquire Winslow for themselves. However we could send out a package of Mickey, Young and the non-guaranteed contract of Holland to nab Winslow. We'd need to take on Weber to make salaries work for Miami in that scenario, McRoberts would go to Sac.

It doesn't sound realistic though. I imagine Miami would be a landing place for him around January when the newly signed guys become trade chips. Something based around T. Johnson would make more sense for Miami and Sac. It just depends on whether Sac would wait that long

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 12:06:41 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Oops wrong thread.

No to helping Heat do anything. I wouldn't deal AB for Koufos

I was talking about us getting back two first rounders and a second rounder for taking McRoberts and his contract back!!

The Heat getting Gay does NOT help them.  I despise Gay's game!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Ya beat me to it Smitty! I was just looking at that, the problem for Miami is that they would need to send out more than just McRoberts in any trade to make it work under the cap. Realistically they would have to either;

1) Use Dragic as the key piece in the trade which seems unlikely

2) Also send out Winslow. That would be a very win now move by Miami that also seems unlikely

We'd only be necessary in scenario 2 and even then I don't think they'd need us as I'm sure Sac would love to acquire Winslow for themselves. However we could send out a package of Mickey, Young and the non-guaranteed contract of Holland to nab Winslow. We'd need to take on Weber to make salaries work for Miami in that scenario, McRoberts would go to Sac.

It doesn't sound realistic though. I imagine Miami would be a landing place for him around January when the newly signed guys become trade chips. Something based around T. Johnson would make more sense for Miami and Sac. It just depends on whether Sac would wait that long

Thanks so much Sundance Kid!!!  Your insight is always helpful and spot on!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
AB for mcroberts and Koufos? Now I've seen it all.

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 12:34:56 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
A couple Gaga concerts and a decent antiques market should get the ball rolling.

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 12:51:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
A couple Gaga concerts and a decent antiques market should get the ball rolling.

Saw the thread title and knew there'd be at least one response of this sort.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
AB for mcroberts and Koufos? Now I've seen it all.

It would be so COOL IF people would read before responding!!!  I was talking about also getting back 2 future first round picks and a 2nd rounder for taking McRoberts back!!

Come on.

Notice were I said:  "If we included Avery in a possible three-way deal and filler (see James Young), could we get back McRoberts (should get a second round pick for taking him back) and Koufos and a couple of first rounders??"

Please read first.

Thanks,

Smitty77

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 01:15:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Who are the firsts coming from? Are they protected? What years? Where does AB go?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Don't they already have Chris Bosh on the roster?

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 01:32:04 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Who are the firsts coming from? Are they protected? What years? Where does AB go?

I would imagine that AB would have to go to the Kings.  They have been rumored to like Avery.  I would think that we would get one from Sacramento and one from Miami.  I would be fine if they were top 8 or top 10 protected.

I am just throwing out some ideas as to how we can get involved.

Smitty77

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 01:33:28 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Don't they already have Chris Bosh on the roster?

Who very well could never play again, right?  And Bosh is a PF and Gay is a SF.

Smitty77

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 01:37:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Protected picks? No thanks again. No need for more James Youngs or Yabs.

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 01:41:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I would imagine that AB would have to go to the Kings.  They have been rumored to like Avery.  I would think that we would get one from Sacramento and one from Miami.  I would be fine if they were top 8 or top 10 protected.

I am just throwing out some ideas as to how we can get involved.

Smitty77
Why though?  we have plenty of picks as it is.  we need to upgrade the talent on the roster, not add more picks.  trading AB for NBA flotsam is a move in the wrong direction unless getting back a top of the lottery pick which is what you've stated as being fine with not getting. 

Even supposing we did get a top pick, we'd be without Avery for the season without a proven shooter at SG and that pick would likely be used in a deal to bring in someone of AB's skill level (or better if you can pry one away from another team).  Look at the kids coming out of college.  Few of them can actually shoot and the ones that can (at the college level) aren't athletic enough to be effective shooters in the NBA (without several years of development at best).