Author Topic: Trade Targets Dwindling  (Read 3710 times)

Re: Trade Targets Dwindling
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 07:51:25 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Trading for a "star" has always been a pipedream. It's highly unlikely to happen regardless of how aggressive Ainge is. Rebuilding with the BKN picks during GSs window of domination makes the most sense.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 07:51:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Blake Griffin still has to remain a possibility, right? The Clips may not want to trade him, but he is available next year. If the Clips don't perform as hoped, one has to think that Boston would make a pretty nice landing spot.

Griffin or Hayward are very possible FAs we could end up with next year. I agree with you, though - you don't give up the farm for either one of them since they are expiring.

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 09:03:31 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Maybe, if only because he's expiring and Paul is aging. But would he resign in Boston? Griffin must be one of the most LA/business-oriented guys in the league. And like you said, I doubt the Clips will want to part with him if they can avoid it.

Yeah, Hayward makes sense. I guess if there is a pipedream to hang onto, at least for me, it's Boogie. Maybe only because SAC is such a wildcard (as is Boogie) that it could actually happen.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC