Author Topic: Jonathan Issac Thread (Merged)  (Read 50584 times)

Re: Jonathon Issacs 6'10 Guard/Forward, 7'1" wingpsan, potential top 5 pick?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 01:25:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Reminds me of Ingram. Needs to hang with Sully and add some pounds though.  Top 7 pick

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 02:29:31 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
nbadraft.net now has us taking him at #3.

Mike

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 02:43:02 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
He is more athletic than Ingram in my opinion (which isn't worth much). Great upside.

This draft looks really, really good. I mean, in August-September of every year, people say that the draft looks really good, but when the prospects actually start playing, the tone normally changes. But this year looks really good.

I see a couple superstar-type talents and a ton of starter-fringe-all-star talents.

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 04:41:26 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
The analysis I've heard is that this draft doesn't have the big superstars but it's very deep in good players.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Jonathan Isaac
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 09:47:53 AM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Just watched a couple tapes of him. Wow. Looks closer to Ingram or even Durant than any other player I've seen. Super skinny, but 6'10 with a 3pt shot, a handle, and punishing dunks. I imagine his length will help him overcome his bean pole body.

NBAdraft.net has him going #3 right now to the Celtics.

Has anyone seen him play or have any insights? I'm very interested in the player.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:00:28 AM by green_bballers13 »

Re: Jonathan Isaac
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 10:06:39 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
I have this guy as my favorite outside of Fultz. His efficiency is so good right now.

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 10:09:54 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Just watched a couple tapes of him. Wow. Looks closer to Ingram or even Durant than any other player I've seen. Super skinny, but 6'10 with a 3pt shot, a handle, and punishing dunks. I imagine his length will help him overcome his bean pole body.

NBAdraft.net has him going #3 right now to the Celtics.

Has anyone seen him play or have any insights? I'm very interested in the player.

Could he just be Rashard Lewis?
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 12:33:38 PM »

Offline Raul C

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Being an FSU grad and b-ball fan, I've watched every game.

He's played Sunday in our victory over the Univ of Florida after sitting out the previous 3 games with a hip flexor.

We're really excited about him.  He's a great rebounder as well as a ball handler.

The ACC schedule is right around the corner and now the cream will rise.

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 08:12:48 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I'd take any talent on the lottery as long as its not another PG.

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 08:51:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Being an FSU grad and b-ball fan, I've watched every game.

He's played Sunday in our victory over the Univ of Florida after sitting out the previous 3 games with a hip flexor.

We're really excited about him.  He's a great rebounder as well as a ball handler.

The ACC schedule is right around the corner and now the cream will rise.

I like Isaac...a lot....I watched the Florida game too.

I know that Isaac is recovering from an injury, but Dwayne Bacon is the alpha dog on that team. He has improved his 3 ball tremendously (26% last year to over 40% this year), and he's matured tremendously.

I know he's not top 10, but I like him.

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 09:47:27 PM »

Offline Raul C

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I agree about Bacon and the crazy part is he's really trying to reel it in and share the ball. 

At 6'7" with his toughness inside AND the 3, he's going to be a nice get for some team.

FSU has a nice squad this year.

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2016, 01:51:35 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Reminds me of Ingram. Needs to hang with Sully and add some pounds though.  Top 7 pick

That's actually a great idea. Will bring back Sullinger on a one-year contract, so he can grab a couple of rebounds and feed this kid Chick-fil-A Non stop.

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 04:48:53 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I think that Isaac could go top 5, depending on how long it takes to fully recover from his hip flexor injury suffered a few weeks ago.

He came back and was invisible for two games, but I think that they rushed him back to get some PT before the Conference games start this week. He will be on at 5 today on ESPN2

Here's an excellent article on him:

https://theringer.com/jonathan-isaac-is-an-elite-nba-prospect-hiding-in-plain-sight-cef54ab82d4#.qnewqcitm

Lots of great gifs in the article, too. Highly recommend.

Isaac is a lot like Brandon Ingram, the no. 2 pick in last year’s draft. Neither player possesses the ideal frame to support a ton of extra weight, which means adding core strength will be extremely important for them to reach their potential in the NBA. Guys like Markelle Fultz, Dennis Smith Jr., and Miles Bridges have mature bodies that will allow them to physically compete at the next level right away. Isaac is still growing into his body, and, as such, will need more time to develop. Considering the impatience of most NBA franchises, that fact alone will make him one of the more polarizing prospects in this year’s draft. The good news is he already has 14 pounds on Ingram, who weighed only 196 pounds at the draft combine.

Unlike Ingram, who averaged nearly 35 minutes a game and got to dominate the ball on a Duke team with a short rotation last season, Isaac’s talents could be somewhat hidden on a deep Florida State team with a lot of other options on offense. If he doesn’t consistently put up big statistics, it will be hard for teams at the top of the lottery to take him over some of his more highly touted peers. DraftExpress has Isaac as the no. 7 pick in its mock draft, and he may end up being a steal if that’s the range he winds up being taken.

At the age of 19, he has shown the ability to defend multiple positions, shoot the ball, put it on the floor, create for himself and others, rebound, and protect the rim. His skill set would allow him to fit on almost any team in the lottery, and a player with his combination of size, shooting ability, and athleticism makes for a useful NBA player, even if he never develops any further. Isaac has a high floor, and an even higher ceiling. He’s a 6-foot-10 player who can do everything on the basketball court well, and there aren’t many players like that at any level of the game. Jonathan Isaac is not being talked about a lot right now, but that will change soon enough

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 05:18:41 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I like a Durant comparison but he doesn't dominate the ball. He's very efficient. NOT saying he's KD as KD was a beast from the start but that Isaac is smooooth like KD. He really does have a pretty shot as I've mentioned in the past and he's a sleeper for a top 5 pick. Not a sleeper anymore though.

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2016, 05:30:41 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I like this kid. I think he's already better than Ingram defensively. The instincts are there.