Author Topic: Jonathan Issac Thread (Merged)  (Read 50568 times)

Jonathan Issac Thread (Merged)
« on: August 05, 2016, 07:07:21 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
May be a contender for the #1 pick after a season at Florida State.
Good range, amazing size and solid skills for his size.

Still growing too with 9'1" standing reach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi8i66mP7-I#t=52

Any thoughts on how high he might go? Obviously needs a solid college season under his belt but he's a physical phenomenon.

Bonus: A short clip of Trae Young, PG, who has committed to Kentucky in 17'...the next Chris Paul?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOhVh7Nvjd8
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:31:41 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Obligatory highlight reel skepticism comment...
But wow!
Kid looks like a player.

I love watching this team win games while simultaneously enjoying the prospect of another high draft pick. 

Dear Nets franchise,
Thanks for giving us your future.
Sincerely,
Celtics Nation

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Fun to watch.  Get that young man a cheeseburger!

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
It really puts into perspective how this rebuild gets the best of all the worlds. We get to build a team slowly and surely of a contender using shrewd pickups and developing it the way we want. We get to win games and fight for a playoff spot, get better every year, and begin to attracy medium to high level free agents. Oh and the entire time we get to add at the worst top 10 picks to a winning core year after year.

Danny is building an excellent team on the broken backs of a division rival. Truly unprecedented.

This kid looks good. Would be a great consolatolion prize if the pick winds up 3-5 lol.
#JKJB

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
The other upside is that we're bringing these high drafts picks into a team that is already competing so they're learning good habits early and hopefully learning that winning is something that is expected of them.

This is why, as much as I want this team competing for a championship today, it might be the smarter move to horde these brooklyn picks and draft a base of players that can compete, in a few seasons, for 15 years, not just the next 4.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Nowhere near as athletic as KD. He has some handles but that highlight reel didn't impress me at all.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I was reading somewhere (Chad Ford?) where it said this guy was essentially playing this year's role of Brandon Ingram. Tall, lanky scorer.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I like him. He's probably my favorite of the guys not viewed as the top players in the class.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Is he better than Giles?  He looks extremely skinny.  We appears to be a decent shooter, but does he have the explosive first step to score as a slasher too?

He's joining Florida State.  It will be interesting to see how he does there.

Re: Jonathon Issacs 6'10 Guard/Forward, 7'1" wingpsan, potential top 5 pick?
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 08:16:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
nbadraft.net has him currently 5th

draftexpress has him currently 12th
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 01:07:00 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Have to say he looks like a less explosive Greek freak. He can do a little of everything. He is climbing on my draft board.

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 01:45:47 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Highlight reels like this are very misleading in my opinion.  The talent at the NCAA level and especially the pros is such a leap.  I would expect any lottery pick to have a good pre-college mix tape.  He is definitely one to keep an eye but it is much to early to speculate about the draft.

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 06:09:30 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Highlight reels like this are very misleading in my opinion.  The talent at the NCAA level and especially the pros is such a leap.  I would expect any lottery pick to have a good pre-college mix tape.  He is definitely one to keep an eye but it is much to early to speculate about the draft.
That's why there is a big board guys move up and down as the season goes.

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 07:48:36 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Was just going to start a thread on him when I noticed this one.

Having watch two of Isaacs games this season I am really intrigued by his long term potential.

At this stage in his development what stands out to me is his ability to shoot, lateral quickness on D, and his ability to play big on defense.

By playing big I mean how he is able to use his length to disrupt offensive players. This was one thing that always stood out to me about the similarly build Brandon Ingram. Ingram and Isaac have similar shot blocking numbers but in isaac I see a player who seems more comfortable in the paint as a traditional big giving help, where Ingram was more of the chase down style shot blocker. With much needed added strength I see Isaac as a NBA modern PF rather then the SF he is currently listed as.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 01:55:12 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
We should all be paying attention to him...why?

Because he is one of only 3 lottery projected players to currently have a PER of over 30.

The other two?

Markelle Fultz
Lauri Markkanen

Fine company indeed.