Author Topic: Jonathan Issac Thread (Merged)  (Read 50786 times)

Re: Jonathan Isaac at Power Forward
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2017, 11:23:56 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He's been number 2 on my big board for a while now.
I believe he's probably the only true potential superstar in this draft...although he's less of a sure thing than Fultz.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2017, 11:24:09 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
He seems like a major project just like Thon Maker (high ceiling/low floor), thus I am not sure I would take him in the top 3 but if he was to fall to a low lottery spot I'd love the C's to trade for him.

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2017, 11:36:20 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
He reminds me of Rashard Lewis

« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2017, 01:15:27 PM »

Offline Raul C

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
He's getting better and better against ranked teams.  He's making plays with the pressure on.

If any kid has the potential in this draft class, he does.

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2017, 01:21:36 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
He reminds me of Rashard Lewis

I could see it. People often forget how good Lewis was because of his enormous contract, but I would take that player in todays NBA. I think his perimeter d has potential to be a lot better than lewis, but offensively this is spot on.
#JKJB

« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2017, 01:26:50 PM »

Offline Raul C

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Also, when you guys are watching Isaac in these FSU games take a look at Ojo.

I'm telling you Stevens can make this guy a useful player.

On top of Ojo's measurables and his greatly improved game, he's a good character guy and positive force in the locker room.

Now, back to Isaac.

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2017, 01:34:56 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
If this guy can come in and bother more shots than our current players and not be allergic to rebounds, that'd be great,

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The risk or whatever

If Isaac was 15 pounds heavier, would he threaten Fultz, Ball for the number 1 spot?

Think about this kids package. Plus that jump shot is sliky smooth and difficult to guard

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2017, 02:21:55 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
The risk or whatever

If Isaac was 15 pounds heavier, would he threaten Fultz, Ball for the number 1 spot?

Think about this kids package. Plus that jump shot is sliky smooth and difficult to guard

It isn't just that he is 10 pounds on the light side of 220, it is that a lot of analysts believe he doesn't really have the frame to fill out any weight.

I don't think he would challenge Fultz, but he would be right with ball if he was like 220/225. He has a very rare combo of skills for his size.
#JKJB

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2017, 02:22:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I was hoping he develops an alpha dog mentality in addition to adding weight... Well he has turned it on as of late. His team is a nice 18-2

« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2017, 02:25:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The risk or whatever

It isn't just that he is 10 pounds on the light side of 220, it is that a lot of analysts believe he doesn't really have the frame to fill out any weight.

I don't think he would challenge Fultz, but he would be right with ball if he was like 220/225. He has a very rare combo of skills for his size.

Didnt they say the same thing about KG?

Isaac does not have wide shoulders but has a thick looking shin section.   Better than if he had a twig of a shin

Even if he cant fill out fill out , he can still strengthen up and play the sf spot at the nba

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2017, 02:36:38 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
The risk or whatever

Isaac does not have wide shoulders but has a thick looking shin section.   Better than if he had a twig of a shin

Even if he cant fill out fill out , he can still strengthen up and play the sf spot at the nba

He also a very large cranium. This probably is indicative that his brain is above average in size, which means he will be in a sponge in retaining information and likely have a high basketball IQ.

Dude, the things you write....

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2017, 02:37:02 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
The risk or whatever

Not going to lie to you here bud, but when KG was drafted I was most likely in diapers. So I really don't know much about KG before he got drafted other than the people who talk about how great of a shooter at his size he was.

I actually really like the Rashard Lewis comp for Isaac. A guy who can give you 18 and 7-8 on good shooting splits while playing good perimeter d at 6-10 is a great player in my book.
#JKJB

« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2017, 02:38:16 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
The risk or whatever

He also a very large cranium. This probably is indicative that his brain is above average in size, which means he will be in a sponge in retaining information and likely have a high basketball IQ.

Dude, the things you write....

TP for making me lol at work Eddie.
#JKJB

« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2017, 02:42:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The risk or whatever

Not going to lie to you here bud, but when KG was drafted I was most likely in diapers. So I really don't know much about KG before he got drafted other than the people who talk about how great of a shooter at his size he was.

I actually really like the Rashard Lewis comp for Isaac. A guy who can give you 18 and 7-8 on good shooting splits while playing good perimeter d at 6-10 is a great player in my book.

Higher ceiling than Lewis. Better motor/work ethic