Author Topic: Jonathan Issac Thread (Merged)  (Read 50791 times)

Re: Jonathan Issac Thread (Merged)
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2017, 06:31:58 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Isaac self destructing down the stretch

I wonder if it has to do with his asthma like condition?

something is not right vs how he started the year

Yes, saw the asthma earlier this year. Not cool. Off my top five for sure.
Really? Why?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2017, 10:29:16 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Nice article about Isaac. I'm warming to this kid; he kinda fits with where the Celtics are too, i.e. not in need of guards, and not in need of guys (Ball, Fultz) who will demand big playing time...

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/mensbasketball/2017/03/08/clark-nothing-normal-jonathan-isaac/98911474/

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2017, 10:34:06 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Nice article about Isaac. I'm warming to this kid; he kinda fits with where the Celtics are too, i.e. not in need of guards, and not in need of guys (Ball, Fultz) who will demand big playing time...

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/mensbasketball/2017/03/08/clark-nothing-normal-jonathan-isaac/98911474/

Why wouldnt we be in need of guys that can demand big playing time early? I think that would be a huge bonus

« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2017, 10:45:00 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If we fall back to 3 or 4 Issac would be perfect for us. We basically get an upgraded Kelly Olynyk.

« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2017, 11:11:28 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
If we fall back to 3 or 4 Issac would be perfect for us. We basically get an upgraded Kelly Olynyk.

If we fell to 3 or 4 and ended up with Isaac I would feel like all this attention on this pick would have been a waste

« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2017, 11:35:05 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo

Why wouldnt we be in need of guys that can demand big playing time early? I think that would be a huge bonus

I think you missed my point. Fultz, and especially Ball, will want to play 30 minutes every night from Day 1. We simply won't be able to offer that because our guard rotation includes a superstar, and NBA all-defense guy, a guy with 1 more year of NBA experience, and a Cobra. Even if Terry gets moved on draft day for a big, the pick will not be playing more than 5-15 minutes each night. That is just a reality.

It's a virtually unprecedented situation where the 2 seed (maybe 1?) has one of the best guard rotations in the league, probably the #1 pick in the draft, and the top prospects are all guards.

« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2017, 11:37:09 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo

If we fell to 3 or 4 and ended up with Isaac I would feel like all this attention on this pick would have been a waste

Let's not tempt fate champ. In the words of Lenny Kravitz, you just got to believe.

« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2017, 12:04:55 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

I think you missed my point. Fultz, and especially Ball, will want to play 30 minutes every night from Day 1. We simply won't be able to offer that because our guard rotation includes a superstar, and NBA all-defense guy, a guy with 1 more year of NBA experience, and a Cobra. Even if Terry gets moved on draft day for a big, the pick will not be playing more than 5-15 minutes each night. That is just a reality.

It's a virtually unprecedented situation where the 2 seed (maybe 1?) has one of the best guard rotations in the league, probably the #1 pick in the draft, and the top prospects are all guards.

Yeah I looked at it more from the standpoint of saying that they would be ready to play those type of min so they would command them. I get what you are saying.

« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2017, 10:13:14 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
He didn't shoot well, but still a workmanlike performance in his first ACC Tourney game.

11 points, 12 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 2 blocks!!!  (4-13 shooting overall and 1-4 from three).

I still think that this kid fits us FAR better than Fultz or Ball.  That being said, I can see how Josh Jackson fits the Celtics' bill and this team's work ethic and personality.  But, in a way, so does Issac!!

Smitty77

« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2017, 12:04:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He didn't shoot well, but still a workmanlike performance in his first ACC Tourney game.

11 points, 12 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 2 blocks!!!  (4-13 shooting overall and 1-4 from three).

I still think that this kid fits us FAR better than Fultz or Ball.  That being said, I can see how Josh Jackson fits the Celtics' bill and this team's work ethic and personality.  But, in a way, so does Issac!!

Smitty77
to be clear, you would take this kid over Fultz if given the chance?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2017, 12:39:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If we land at 4, I think our chances of packaging the pick in a trade for Butler/George increases greatly.  Unless there is something "understood" from Hayward camp about signing as FA.

« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2017, 01:38:17 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Smitty77
to be clear, you would take this kid over Fultz if given the chance?

I am NOT sure, but I am SURE that is is closer for me than most.   More than Ball, likely yes.  More than Jackson??  I doubt it.

Smitty77

« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2017, 02:46:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
My guys in order

1 Ball
2 Fultz
2 Jackson could go either way between Jackson and Fultz and believe Ball is only slightly ahead of both of those guys because of his floor vision and passing
4 Tatum
5 Smith
6 Monk
7 Markkanen
8 Issac

And I don't see a guaranteed superstar(eventual top 5 NBA player) in the bunch.

« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2017, 10:45:18 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
Yeah I hearya take this guy over Tatum or Jackson. I cant see that at all.

« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2017, 04:33:59 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Not trying to poke a beehive, but it's awful quiet on this thread after Isaac fouled out in a loss vs. 12 seed Xavier (without their best player) with 8 points on 7 shots.  Is there anyone out there that still thinks we should draft this kid, a project IMO, over Fultz, Jackson, Ball and Tatum? 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07