Author Topic: Jonathan Issac Thread (Merged)  (Read 50798 times)

Re: Jonathan Isaac at Power Forward
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
The risk or whatever

If Isaac was 15 pounds heavier, would he threaten Fultz, Ball for the number 1 spot?

Think about this kids package. Plus that jump shot is sliky smooth and difficult to guard

It isn't just that he is 10 pounds on the light side of 220, it is that a lot of analysts believe he doesn't really have the frame to fill out any weight.

I don't think he would challenge Fultz, but he would be right with ball if he was like 220/225. He has a very rare combo of skills for his size.

Didnt they say the same thing about KG?

Isaac does not have wide shoulders but has a thick looking shin section.   Better than if he had a twig of a shin

Even if he cant fill out fill out , he can still strengthen up and play the sf spot at the nba

He also a very large cranium. This probably is indicative that his brain is above average in size, which means he will be in a sponge in retaining information and likely have a high basketball IQ.

Dude, the things you write....

TP for making me lol at work Eddie.

Credit goes to Triboy for the sweet assist!

For a guy that canNOT put on weight, he sure has put on 25 lbs. since he came to FSU at 185!!!!

Smitty77

So he lost 20 lbs between the Nike Hoop Summit and the start of his Freshman year?

Re: Jonathan Issac Thread (Merged)
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2017, 06:04:03 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Jonathan Isaac is growing on me, I'm definitely going to start watching FSU forsure. He could be the number 1 pick. I don't know why people on CB aren't falling in love with this guy? He is 6"11 with a 7"1.25 wingspan, and has the potential to de an elite scorer, defender, and rebounder
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2017, 11:58:31 AM »

Offline Raul C

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'm with you - the kid can be a star.

« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2017, 12:10:56 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Jonathan Isaac is growing on me, I'm definitely going to start watching FSU forsure. He could be the number 1 pick. I don't know why people on CB aren't falling in love with this guy? He is 6"11 with a 7"1.25 wingspan, and has the potential to de an elite scorer, defender, and rebounder

I like him a lot too...but he won't contribute for a couple of years...that body... :o

« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2017, 12:23:28 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Red Alert! Isaac has bad asthma. He has to leave the game breathing hard, went to the locker room, them returned.

Red flag.

Asthma is a very treatable condition.  My daughter had/has it and she won several national titles on a competitive cheerleading team as a flyer.  Also, Isaac still ended up with 19 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks in only 28 minutes.  This in NO way would keep me from drafting this BEAST!!!!

Smitty77

Is it a permanent cure or attacks still possible unexpectedly?
I am a doctor and Asthma (IF) with right treatment and conditioning really isn't a big deal

« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2017, 07:31:43 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Isaac is putting on a show against NC State. I'm not sure what exactly he'll be in his final form, but I remain absolutely enamoured with his skillset.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2017, 07:34:29 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Isaac is putting on a show against NC State. I'm not sure what exactly he'll be in his final form, but I remain absolutely enamoured with his skillset.
His size length athleticism and stroke are certainly a rare combo.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2017, 07:39:17 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

He doesn't scream star to me, which is why, despite my affinity for him, I'd probably be opposed to taking him 3rd or 4th. However, I do believe that he will be a Draymond-esque hyper-role-player. For example, if he lands in Minnesota, the rest of the league should be absolutely terrified. His defense next to Towns, plus the ability to hit threes, would be devastating.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2017, 03:45:34 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

He doesn't scream star to me, which is why, despite my affinity for him, I'd probably be opposed to taking him 3rd or 4th. However, I do believe that he will be a Draymond-esque hyper-role-player. For example, if he lands in Minnesota, the rest of the league should be absolutely terrified. His defense next to Towns, plus the ability to hit threes, would be devastating.

Have you actually watched a FULL game of his?

Smitty77

« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2017, 03:46:00 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Up to third on nbadraft.net!!!

http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

Smitty77

« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I suspect by the draft Fultz will be the clear #1 Tier with Ball, Issac and Jackson all in the 2nd tier.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2017, 04:02:26 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
He plays with a ferociousness that you don't see in many toothpicks. While his handle is very straight forward, and his foot work is decent, his shot is already great for a 6'10ish wing. With his size and length, the fact that he already likes to bang bodes well for his future. If he is able to add roughly 20 pounds between now and his prime, he will be a very very good player in this league.

All of that doesn't even mention his advanced perimeter defense game.
#JKJB

« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I suspect by the draft Fultz will be the clear #1 Tier with Ball, Issac and Jackson all in the 2nd tier.

You're basically saying Ball will drop. Yet based on what? A lot will depend on the NCAA tournament. If Ball and his team excel, say into Final Four, he may very well emerge the number 1 pick. Fultz won't be in it.

« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2017, 05:31:49 PM »

Offline jacigar

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
Bill Russell ,probably the best rebounder and shot blocker ever, was no more than 6'10'" and 220lbs. I believe this kid could be similar player as he matures.Better shooter than Bill but less of a rebounder. Think Noel with a shot. I think #1 or #2-3 with Fultz.He might be better choice for C,s

« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2017, 05:32:19 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I am PRAYING the Lakers fall out of the top 3, and Philly picks up their pick.

I think Philly would throw an all-in type of trade offer at us for #1 or #2 to have Fultz or Ball

Say the Lakers fall to 4, and Philly stays around the 5-8 range.

We offer #1 or #2 pick for #4, #7, Dario Saric, and Lawawu.

We can then take two of Isaac, Tatum, Jackson, Smith, Monk, Giles, etc.

Isaac is starting to look like a KD-lite type of player. Totally worth the trade down from Fultz, especially considering every hypothetical dream trade is having the Celtics go after an athletic, scoring wing.