Poll

This three way trade idea is .....

great for all three teams.
has one team getting too much.
it's ok.
is close but I would (comment below)
No thanks C's are all set.

Author Topic: Trade Idea LAC-BOS-SAC  (Read 2290 times)

Trade Idea LAC-BOS-SAC
« on: August 04, 2016, 04:11:55 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
So wasn't sure if this trade idea was mentioned but it might work out well for the three teams as there is more balance to the teams IMO.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h4zqsg6

It's a lot of parts
C's trade 5 guys Crowder, AJ, Hunter, Young, and Rozier.
C's receive Blake Griffin and Reddick.

Kings trade Cousins and Gay.
Kings receive Crowder, Jordan, Young and Rozier.

Clippers trade Griffin, Reddick and Jordan.
Clippers receive Cousins, AJ, Gay and Hunter.

There are pluses and minuses to each deal.
-C's get a top 15 player but he is up at the end of the year. So there is a little risk. I am confident he would resign though. They also get a more experienced shooter in Reddick for the bench. The team ends up
C's Starters=Hordford, Griffin, Green, AB, IT.
C's Bench= Zeller, KO, JJ, Brown, Reddick, Smart.
C's upgrade their offense a ton.

-Kings get more long term stability and shift their overall game to more of high level defense. They do give up the best player though in Cousins. Still they do get a PG they can develop and who may start by end of the year in Rozier.
Kings Starters= Jordan, WCS, Crowder, Affalo, Collison
Kings Main Bench=Koufos, Lab, Barnes, McLemore, Rozier
Talk about a scary front court. There will be no easy inside shots against the Kings.

-Clippers reshuffle the deck. They get the best player in the deal and more support player types. Cousins and CP3 would be a hell of a duo.
Clippers Starters=Cousins, AJ, Gay, Rivers, CP3.
Clippers Main Bench=Speights, BJ, Pierce, WJ, Crawford.
Clearly CP3, Griffin and Jordan doesn't work when it counts. The new setup is much better.

So what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:20:39 PM by Csfan1984 »

Re: Trade Idea LAC-BOS-SAC
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 05:09:29 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I'd prefer to just make the trade for Cousins and Gay. I think that's a better return than Griffin for a year and Reddick. Maybe you substitute the Nets first for Jordan.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 05:11:51 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Clippers say na.... I think they would keep Jordan. 

Diggles

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 05:51:31 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I'd prefer to just make the trade for Cousins and Gay. I think that's a better return than Griffin for a year and Reddick. Maybe you substitute the Nets first for Jordan.

This. Lets not help the clippers get the best player in the deal. Cousins needs to come to boston.
#JKJB

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 05:53:47 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I can understand that but what if Kings aren't listening and want this deal because it gives them two guys that they can compete with in Jordan and Crowder? You can see them with the team line ups that is a good fit along side Affalo, Collins and WCS/Lab at PF. It replaces Cousins and Gay with legit talent that is locked up longer. That is a better sell than more picks.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 05:54:12 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yuck.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 05:56:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Clippers say na.... I think they would keep Jordan.
I don't think Clippers would say no. Remember it took the team to convince Doc to not let Jordan walk. Then the team also played pretty well without Griffin. Clippers I feel would jump at this deal.

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 06:01:01 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No dice. Rather have Cousins. Either way this trade doesn't get done.

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 07:34:38 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I can understand that but what if Kings aren't listening and want this deal because it gives them two guys that they can compete with in Jordan and Crowder? You can see them with the team line ups that is a good fit along side Affalo, Collins and WCS/Lab at PF. It replaces Cousins and Gay with legit talent that is locked up longer. That is a better sell than more picks.
Jordan/Crowder are lesser players than Cousins/Gay.  I do like the defense the Kings would have but they have a new arena coming on line and stars are needed.

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 07:57:19 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'm not giving up Crowder for a 1 yr rental and Griffin supposedly has health issues.

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 11:22:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Jordan/Crowder are lesser players than Cousins/Gay.  I do like the defense the Kings would have but they have a new arena coming on line and stars are needed.
But Jordan and Crowder are close as far as impact. Easier to coach and locked up longer. It's a good haul for Cousins and Gay with the one and two years only left on their contracts.

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 11:31:13 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I'm not giving up Crowder for a 1 yr rental and Griffin supposedly has health issues.
This is crazy. Crowder is a like 12th to 15 best SF in the league right now. Blake Griffin is like 12th to 15th best player period.

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 11:38:15 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think Boston does it -- that is a stacked starting lineup.

For LAC... it's close.  Blake + Deandre for Gay + Cousins is probably a slight decrease in talent overall and they are trying to win now with CP3.  It changes everything about the dynamic of their offense and defense and also Redick is an important piece there.  LAC would be getting the likely better future prospect in the deal though.  After all the moves they pulled to lure Deandre away from Dallas, this would be an enormous slap in the face.

I think Sac definitely says no.  Cousins for Deandre is a fairly significant downgrade.  Plus, Deandre is a pure center and joins a roster full of other pure centers who all can't be on the floor together.  You can't run a competent offense with WCS and Deandre on the floor together.  I love Rozier, but he is not moving the needle enough in the deal here.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur