Author Topic: 2016 CB Draft: Discussion thread  (Read 204665 times)

Re: 2016 CB Draft: Discussion thread
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2016, 01:58:08 PM »

Offline DinoGanga

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 31
How much does a players injury history weigh into this?
Do we assume everyone is healthy for the matchups?
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Washington Wizards

PG: Darren Collison / Elfrid Payton / Tim Frazier
SG: Avery Bradley / Seth Curry
SF: Jae Crowder / Shaun Kilpatrick / Marcus Thornton
PF: LeBron James / Derrick Williams / JJ Hickson
C: Jusuf Nurkic / Meyers Leonard / Nikola Pekovic

« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2016, 01:58:56 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Surprised how my #2 rank player has fallen so far

« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2016, 01:59:14 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Giannis Antetokounmpo and Danilo Gallinari

Hot takes?

Really tough to match-up with at 3/4, but Gallo's injuries have to factor in - misses 30+% of every season and that's without counting the entire season he lost.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2016, 02:01:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

It is very subjective. People deal with it differently.

If you have a player who is assumed to be injured for part of the season your team will likely be docked on regular season W-L. So a lower playoff seed or miss the playoffs altogether. In the playoffs, most give benefit of the doubt that players are healthy. Some will not and if they are important players then that will likely be enough to lose that playoff series.

« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2016, 02:18:10 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

It is very subjective. People deal with it differently.

If you have a player who is assumed to be injured for part of the season your team will likely be docked on regular season W-L. So a lower playoff seed or miss the playoffs altogether. In the playoffs, most give benefit of the doubt that players are healthy. Some will not and if they are important players then that will likely be enough to lose that playoff series.

Yeah i've always looked at it (a) if these teams started playing in Oct. like the real NBA so a guy like B. Griffin who still has questions about his health might still miss 20 games.and (b) a team with an "injury-prone" guy needs, like the real NBA, depth behind him.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2016, 02:29:41 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

Hot takes?

Really tough to match-up with at 3/4, but Gallo's injuries have to factor in - misses 30+% of every season and that's without counting the entire season he lost.

I'm optimistic. He's 100%, played for Italy this summer, in fact, could've finished out last season  but Denver had no reason to bring him back off that ankle sprain. He's healthier than Blake Griffin right now. But, I agree he's one a handful of top 50-60 players with a injury concerns. (Am I the only guy that would've liked to see Paul George take the summer off?)

The same thinking did scare me off another first round talent, and Walker Wiggle favorite, still on the board.

« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2016, 02:34:19 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Hot takes?

I'm optimistic. He's 100%, played for Italy this summer, in fact, could've finished out last season  but Denver had no reason to bring him back off that ankle sprain. He's healthier than Blake Griffin right now. But, I agree he's one a handful of top 50-60 players with a injury concerns. (Am I the only guy that would've liked to see Paul George take the summer off?)

The same thinking did scare me off another first round talent, and Walker Wiggle favorite, still on the board.

i think he was just picked
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2016, 02:36:37 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

Hot takes?

Not even the guy! But same argument. NBA should shorten the season by 10-15 games, eliminate back-to-backs entirely. The 82 game grind is brutal.

« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2016, 02:38:36 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
With Pick 2.16, the Portland Trailblazers select Marc Gasol.

Great pick, one of the league's best defenders. Is he underrated now or is his foot to blame for his drop? Tough for me to justify Jokic over Gasol if both are 100%.

Combo of underrated and hurt. For example, I think he's clearly better than Horford, who went 12th IIRC.

I love the pick, but I prefer Horford particularly for the modern game. Marc is strictly a five and he defines a teams style on offense and defense far more than Horford.

« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2016, 02:39:18 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton

Hot takes?

Not even the guy! But same argument. NBA should shorten the season by 10-15 games, eliminate back-to-backs entirely. The 82 game grind is brutal.

I agree, I know who you are talking about too (I think).

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2016, 02:40:03 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Hot takes?

I think I know who you're talking about, I considered at 2.8.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2016, 02:49:14 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton

Hot takes?

Taken now?

« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2016, 03:02:05 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Taken now?

I LOVE to watch Bledsoe bulldoze big men in the lane. And he was playing with a new found level of control last season. 20.4 points, 6.1 assists and 4 rebounds per? This has been a crazy second round.

« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2016, 03:04:15 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Taking offers to move back or out of the 2nd. Please PM me.

Anyone who is in the DKC league please hit me up on Slack.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2016, 03:04:49 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
Taken now?

I LOVE to watch Bledsoe bulldoze big men in the lane. And he was playing with a new found level of control last season. 20.4 points, 6.1 assists and 4 rebounds per? This has been a crazy second round.

Thats who I assumed you were talking about, certainly based upon talent he would have gone much much earlier, just seems injury prone, probably because of how aggressive he always plays.