Author Topic: gerald green a whole set of new options  (Read 758 times)

gerald green a whole set of new options
« on: July 30, 2016, 06:03:25 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
brad will have a lethal weapon late in games with his way above the rim options and ability to hit threes
with the celts wanting to fly around the court and greens quickness coupled with desire to play defense
 this started early last season with miami and  then his previous chemistry with isaiah
 we got athleticism, height and shooting at a no risk price
jerebko shot a bout 40% from three  and that was with a abysmal slump and now shooting 500-1000 shots a day this summer
-coming to end of contract, jerebko could build on last years playoffs and he is another guy who loves to fly around the court
al horford does so much in subtle ways you need games to appreciate what his skills mean to a team a far cry from lumbering sully
now jaylen is a mystery -saw a video of jaylen with good sweat practicing a move to hoop with a quick crossover and punctuated with a dunk-how this works on nba bigs is another question

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 06:32:33 AM by rollie mass »

Re: gerald green a whole set of new options
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 08:45:41 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Good morning rollie, I thanks for posting a new 'stream of consciousness' thread from you today.   :)

I'll just address the title topic, Gerald Green.  I think we are going to like having this guy back.  He's much better than when he left the Celtics, now a complete player and brings more 3-pt. shooting which this team desperately needs.  Lots of folks a moaning about how we will miss Turner, and we do lose some decent ball-handling and clutch mid-range shooting.  However, I always got the sense that Turner didn't quite fit in Brad's offense.

Green is the prototype of the kind of players that are coming into the NBA the last few years:  Tall wing players with superb athleticism and a 3-point shot.

Re: gerald green a whole set of new options
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 08:47:10 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Adding Al Horford, Gerald Green and Jaylen Brown is a huge upgrade in athleticism for Boston.
The tempo and pace should be faster this season. It will be interesting to see this Celtics Team.
Brad Stevens will have alot of options in utilizing this roster.  Still, when we face teams like Detroit, Atlanta, Indiana I wonder how we will guard the post play.

One thing about rebounding, is that it really is a team effort.
Boston was 5th Overall in Team Rebounding

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/total-rebounds-per-game 

The thing is that Boston didn't have a player in the top 23 rebounders. (Sullinger was 24th.) When multiple players are competing to control the defensive board, it sometimes slows the fast break. Having a dominant rebounder/shot blocker can help in a number of ways. Otherwise you have to get your entire  team to commit at the defensive end-which is something  that Stevens has done a nice job with.

Boston has been missing a shot blocking presence in the paint for years.
Larry Sanders might be a great find. Where else is there a player of his caliber that the Celtics can add to their current line-up?

Behind Horford- Zeller, Olynyk, seems thin up front.
Perhaps there is a smaller trade to be made to acquire a role player from another team.

"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-