Poll

Would you trade Jae for (insert player here ) if it meant KD signed with us.

Jahill
2 (4.7%)
Noel
2 (4.7%)
Butler (JAe and pieces)
10 (23.3%)
No I want to keep Jae
9 (20.9%)
KD wouldnt have signed anyway.. He wants to win, and the Warriors are the best bet..
20 (46.5%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: KD might have picked Warriors over us because Crowder  (Read 5859 times)

Re: KD might have picked Warriors over us because Crowder
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 11:32:25 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-durant-i-never-told-russell-westbrook-im-staying-in-okc-234404797.html

Do you think if we moved Jae he would have signed with us?

He mentions this:   

The Warriors’ projected starting five includes Stephen Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green and Zaza Pachulia – a seamless transition in Durant’s mind.

“I’m not coming into a team where a guy is playing my position and we have try to fit in two guys playing the same position,” Durant told The Vertical. “I’m not coming in trying to play the point guard, trying to play the shooting guard. I’m a small forward. The team didn’t have a small forward when I signed. Steph, Klay, Draymond, the bigs, we all play different positions.

Man if that was a deal breaker and he "would" have signed with us.  I would have shipped out Jae and Bradley for Butler or what ever it took to "seamlessly insert KD on our Roster...

Andre Iguodala
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 12:44:03 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He picked the Warriors over us, because he's a frontrunning little Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 12:59:06 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I think every sensible Celtics fan would dump Jae for KD, and that's coming from someone who loves Jae, who owns his freaking jersey. It's all irrelevant, though, Jae wasn't the deal breaker. The deal breakers were Steph and Draymond and Klay. We have no answer for that.

And the best coach in the NBA in Steve Kerr.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 02:33:14 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I think every sensible Celtics fan would dump Jae for KD, and that's coming from someone who loves Jae, who owns his freaking jersey. It's all irrelevant, though, Jae wasn't the deal breaker. The deal breakers were Steph and Draymond and Klay. We have no answer for that.

I think Pop is clearly better, Carlisle too.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 06:10:25 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
He picked the Warriors over us, because he's a frontrunning little ****.

Bahahahaha, now that's the truth. Crowder having something to do with it is laughable!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:56:38 PM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 06:11:14 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

I have my doubts about Kerr being one of the best coaches in the NBA. I think every coach could do a fantastic job with a team like the Warriors; I mean just look at what Walton did while Kerr was out.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2016, 07:48:53 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
He picked the Warriors over us, because he's a frontrunning little ****.

Precisely right. Except you left out one *.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2016, 08:24:26 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I have my doubts about Kerr being one of the best coaches in the NBA. I think every coach could do a fantastic job with a team like the Warriors; I mean just look at what Walton did while Kerr was out.

Yeah, Kerr's a bit overrated because he's had a loaded team. Walton had the 20 win streak, and a good bulk of the win totals. If Kerr was that good he wouldn't have ran his team into the ground going for the wins record. Jackson shut Jordan/Pippen/Rodman down the last hand full of games after they got the record. I remember thinking they could kill it and put it out of reach, but he was sitting those guys for the title run.

But Kerr pushed them and they had to go threw a tough 7 games with OKC and lost steam against the Cavs. When you have a jump shooting team that depends on out side shot, you need to have fresh legs. No legs no shots.

You give that team to Pops they'd go undefeated till the all star break. :P

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2016, 09:10:52 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Pop is better, I don't think Carlisle is, though. His system is too rigid
I'm bitter.

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 10:08:28 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Yeah Durant is just spouting lies. Most nba fans would still consider Iggy a superior player to crowder and Durant knows crowder could easily be a sixth man . Iggy could. This guy is so much worse than Lebron. Bron is warped like a child celeb but he isn't afraid of a challenge. Durant is so warped he thinks people will actually believe this stuff. He may be a great human being but as a nba player the dude is a coward.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 11:33:57 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
He didn't not sign here because of Crowder.  Crowder was at the [dang] meeting.

Durant is just full damage control.  Trying to make it seem like he "completed" this GSW team that won 73 games and almost back to back titles.  You piled on Durant.  Stop lying to yourself.  GSW had two capable small forwards already.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2016, 12:13:36 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
This sounds much more like a reason not to go to the Spurs than to us.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, too. Crowder is a good two-way player, but he's not so good that he can't go back to the bench.
Yup.  This quote is only about one player; Kawhi Leonard.  Crowder, just like Barnes, had nothing to do with KD's decision not to sign here.

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2016, 05:45:28 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Yeah this statement has nothing to do with us. It's about Kawhi. Jae isn't a blocker for Durant, he would surely know that Jae would pley behind him.

We didn't get him because he wanted a super team that we couldn't offer him. Simples

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 11:30:36 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-durant-i-never-told-russell-westbrook-im-staying-in-okc-234404797.html

Do you think if we moved Jae he would have signed with us?

He mentions this:   

The Warriors’ projected starting five includes Stephen Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green and Zaza Pachulia – a seamless transition in Durant’s mind.

“I’m not coming into a team where a guy is playing my position and we have try to fit in two guys playing the same position,” Durant told The Vertical. “I’m not coming in trying to play the point guard, trying to play the shooting guard. I’m a small forward. The team didn’t have a small forward when I signed. Steph, Klay, Draymond, the bigs, we all play different positions.

Man if that was a deal breaker and he "would" have signed with us.  I would have shipped out Jae and Bradley for Butler or what ever it took to "seamlessly insert KD on our Roster...

I agree, I would have too. I would have sent either of the following:

* Crowder + #3
* Bradley + #3
* Crowder + Bradley

Crowder + Bradley + #3 would have been really pushing it though, and I've heard rumours that this is what Chicago wanted.  Truthfully, I probably would have given in eventually, but only if I was 100% certain that it would bring KD here.  I'd need a verbal promise from KD as a bare minimum.

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2016, 12:30:58 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Pop is better, I don't think Carlisle is, though. His system is too rigid

Lol Carlisle. Why won't free agents, major ones, go to Dallas? Max guys avoid that place because of him.

Amin Elhassan said it on the Summer of Defections ESPN NBA Lockdown podcast with Haberstroh.

Elhassan: "....His prowess as a coach is overshadowed by, just...guys just don't like dealing with him."

Elhassan: "I don't know. I can neither confirm or deny that, I'm just telling you what I heard from a very prominent and connected source. And that's the best explanation I've gotten. Because everything about Dallas, screams first class organization: spend whatever it takes, it's a nice city. There's a lot going for Dallas."

Elhassan: "....And it [the answer] was pretty quick too. It wasn't a 'Huh..it is kinda,' it was just straight up: 'Carlisle.'

https://m.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4s26pb/nba_lockdown_via_source_reason_free_agents_dont/

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14