Poll

Would you trade Jae for (insert player here ) if it meant KD signed with us.

Jahill
2 (4.7%)
Noel
2 (4.7%)
Butler (JAe and pieces)
10 (23.3%)
No I want to keep Jae
9 (20.9%)
KD wouldnt have signed anyway.. He wants to win, and the Warriors are the best bet..
20 (46.5%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: KD might have picked Warriors over us because Crowder  (Read 5860 times)

KD might have picked Warriors over us because Crowder
« on: July 29, 2016, 07:22:03 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-durant-i-never-told-russell-westbrook-im-staying-in-okc-234404797.html

Do you think if we moved Jae he would have signed with us?

He mentions this:   

The Warriors’ projected starting five includes Stephen Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green and Zaza Pachulia – a seamless transition in Durant’s mind.

“I’m not coming into a team where a guy is playing my position and we have try to fit in two guys playing the same position,” Durant told The Vertical. “I’m not coming in trying to play the point guard, trying to play the shooting guard. I’m a small forward. The team didn’t have a small forward when I signed. Steph, Klay, Draymond, the bigs, we all play different positions.

Man if that was a deal breaker and he "would" have signed with us.  I would have shipped out Jae and Bradley for Butler or what ever it took to "seamlessly insert KD on our Roster...
Diggles

Re: KD might have picked Warriors over us because Crowder
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 07:25:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This sounds much more like a reason not to go to the Spurs than to us.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 07:27:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Pretty sure Durant was impressed with our defensive intensity, because Crowder, Smart, and Bradley were part of our bull dog perimeter defenders... Plus in that same question you posted, shouldn't that apply also to Iggy, who also occupies his position, should start on most teams, and can seamlessly fit into any roster; but you can make the case Jae Crowder could on any team too.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 07:28:45 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I think every sensible Celtics fan would dump Jae for KD, and that's coming from someone who loves Jae, who owns his freaking jersey. It's all irrelevant, though, Jae wasn't the deal breaker. The deal breakers were Steph and Draymond and Klay. We have no answer for that.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 07:39:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think every sensible Celtics fan would dump Jae for KD, and that's coming from someone who loves Jae, who owns his freaking jersey. It's all irrelevant, though, Jae wasn't the deal breaker. The deal breakers were Steph and Draymond and Klay. We have no answer for that.

This - I would have gladly salary dumped Jae for KD and he is my current favorite Cs player.

As for GS, I guess they didn't technically have a SF, but they have last year's Finals MVP who would be more than sufficient as a starter and they were forced to move on from their high potential SF in Barnes. That statement isn't really correct - GS would have been just fine with their former SF grouping.

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 08:01:10 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
As much as we all love Jae, do you think KD was worried about Jae at all? Would any of us actually keep Jae over KD? Lol
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 08:07:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
keep in mind that KD's reputation and likeability have really taken a hit with his action this summer. Expect lots of continued interviews explaining why he made his decision that he thinks will play well with the public and the media. So saying he went somewhere that he didn't have to displace there roster may seem like a reasonable statement. However, in reality they were keeping Barnes if they didn't get him so the statement is not even true.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 08:34:57 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Either Crowder would have back up KD or played the 4. And with Stevens style it actually wouldnt matter. Stevens would put Crowder on the most dangerous 3 or 4 that night letter KD worry about the offense.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 08:50:32 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
That's some serious shade on Barnes (wasn't going to be with the team anyways) and Iggy.

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 09:11:37 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I'm sure Crowder would have been more than happy To come off the bench to back up KD if it meant winning titles. We all know who the better player is.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 09:24:15 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
keep in mind that KD's reputation and likeability have really taken a hit with his action this summer. Expect lots of continued interviews explaining why he made his decision that he thinks will play well with the public and the media. So saying he went somewhere that he didn't have to displace there roster may seem like a reasonable statement. However, in reality they were keeping Barnes if they didn't get him so the statement is not even true.

Good point. I don't think there's a coach in the league who would "try to make KD and another player fit in the same position." KD would've started in Boston and gotten his usual high number of minutes, and Crowder would've been his backup at the 3 and also a small-ball 4.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 09:39:56 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
This sounds much more like a reason not to go to the Spurs than to us.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, too. Crowder is a good two-way player, but he's not so good that he can't go back to the bench.

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 10:01:58 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
We could have easily traded jae for some frontcourt help or another player like butler or cousins if we got KD

It seems more applicable to spurs having 2 stars at their forward positions
Though i dont see why kawhii cant move to SG

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 10:12:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He's just rationalizing. He didn't have any qualms about taking Harrison Barnes' job.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 10:34:23 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
He'll say anything to make himself look like a bit less of a front runner.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER