Author Topic: Another crack at the 2016 draft. Would you pick Brown?  (Read 6374 times)

Another crack at the 2016 draft. Would you pick Brown?
« on: July 28, 2016, 08:25:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
SL highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahVAgCPbiAw

Samsung All-NBA Summer League Second Team

This kid was the right choice. And there is a chance he could end up being the best player of the draft.   

Re: Another crack at the 2016 draft. Would you pick Brown?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 08:37:51 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
SL highlights

This kid was the right choice. And there is a chance he could end up being the best player of the draft.
I'd love to think so but it's hard for me to go there just yet, based only on SL.  Before the draft, he was pegged as a mediocre shooter and he showed exactly that in SL.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 08:41:38 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm taking Brown all day. You don't get to grab that type of skill set at 19 yrs old very often.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 08:46:49 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'll go with yes. Dunn has more value around the league, but I'm not his biggest fan. Bender looks a bit further off than expected, Buddy is one-dimensional, and Chriss' shooting numbers look to be a product of a small sample size, making him much less interesting. Brown-Murray is an interesting debate, but I think Brown has much more potential to be a superstar.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 08:53:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'll go with yes. Dunn has more value around the league, but I'm not his biggest fan. Bender looks a bit further off than expected, Buddy is one-dimensional, and Chriss' shooting numbers look to be a product of a small sample size, making him much less interesting. Brown-Murray is an interesting debate, but I think Brown has much more potential to be a superstar.

I agree. And Brown will always be a better defender than Murray

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 08:54:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
SL highlights

I'd love to think so but it's hard for me to go there just yet, based only on SL.  Before the draft, he was pegged as a mediocre shooter and he showed exactly that in SL.

He made open NBA 3s.  You can't ask for more.  You can't ask him to be Jamal Murray

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 09:00:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Most players can improve their shooting, not all guys can get that athletic.

Bender looks a bit further off than expected,
  Speak for yourself some of us looked at his tape and saw there were issues there.   

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I wanted Murray at the time, but seeing the faith Danny and Stevens have in him has made me a Jaylen Brown convert. I'll take Jaylen and hope he turns into a stud, Murray's lack of defensive intangibles must have scared DA and Stevens off.

It's still too early but Brown vs Ingram could someday come back to bite the Lakers.

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 09:07:58 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I probably would. Pretty close.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 09:12:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
10/10, would pick again

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 09:54:16 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
SL highlights

Says who?

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 10:19:38 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Yes. There was a lot of parity after Simmons. JB was one of the four guys I would have been happy with (Dunn, Hield, Bender). My takeaway from SL is that Dunn and Brown look like they can play in the NBA now, while the other two seem to be at least a step behind them. Bender might be a couple steps behind and I'm happy they didn't pick him. I think Hield will be good/not great (JJ Reddick).

Brown's upside reminds me of Iggy/Butler. Dunn's ceiling looks like he could be a Wall/Lillard pg. I like IT, Smart, and Rozier handling the ball, and we needed young potential at the wing. Brown was the number #2 wing prospect after Ingram in my opinion, and for me, its close. Brown has a superior body that is NBA ready. I'll take the guy that takes a big body to the rim over the elite shooter who I see as more of a Tayshaun than KD. So, I would take Ben Simmons over Jaylen and that's it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:41:25 PM by green_bballers13 »

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 10:22:46 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
SL highlights

Says who?

Apparently he does. Not exactly a stretch to say that the #3 pick has a chance to end up being the best player. After SL, I think Simmons is the clear cut #1 and then there's a bunch of guys after that each could make a case for #2, JB being one of them.

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 10:23:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Yes. There was a lot of parity after Simmons. JB was one of three guys I would have been happy with (Dunn, Hield, Bender). My takeaway from SL is that Dunn and Brown look like they can play in the NBA now, while the other two seem to be at least a step behind them. Bender might be a couple steps behind and I'm happy they didn't pick him. I think Hield will be good/not great (JJ Reddick).

Brown's upside reminds me of Iggy/Butler. Dunn's ceiling looks like he could be a Wall/Lillard pg. I like IT, Smart, and Rozier handling the ball, and we needed young potential at the wing. Brown was the number #2 wing prospect after Ingram in my opinion, and for me, its close. Brown has a superior body that is NBA ready. I'll take the guy that takes a big body to the rim over the elite shooter who I see as more of a Tayshaun than KD. So, I would take Ben Simmons over Jaylen and that's it.

I agree.  Well Brown outplayed Simmons in game 1. 

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 10:34:49 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Yes.  I think he's going to be a very good two way player.