Author Topic: Woj/Doc Rivers address Blake Griffin "Rumors"  (Read 8250 times)

Re: Woj/Doc Rivers address Blake Griffin "Rumors"
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2016, 10:41:20 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Doc also apparently said that the Clips were a "top-3" choice in the KD sweepstakes, even though they were the first told that he wasn't picking them. So, yeah, believe what you will regarding all of this. He's not any more credible than anyone else in this regard, similar to how Danny was "never" shopping Rondo or Ray either.

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2016, 01:53:12 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Doc is the Hillary Clinton of the nba.

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2016, 06:14:06 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Clearly Danny has kept any info about the negotiations away from Doc, just like he has with most of the mainstream reporters
I'm bitter.

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2016, 07:55:12 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Question...didn't Glen Taylor (Wolves owner) say that KG wouldn't be traded? Or something to that effect?
- LilRip

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2016, 08:38:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Nothing that ever comes out of Doc's mouth is trustworthy.  I mean let's consider what he said about Pierce a couple of days ago, i.e. that if Pierce decides to walk away we have a plan to send to him Boston.  Well unless that is a one sided plan he hatched without talking to Ainge, then we know flat out what Rivers told Woj is not truthful, since apparently him and Danny have only talked twice this summer and both times about golf.  Doc Rivers is a two-faced liar.  Nothing he says about anything can be believed (it doesn't mean he is always lying, he just does it so much you can never know).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2016, 09:43:13 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Well unless that is a one sided plan he hatched without talking to Ainge, then we know flat out what Rivers told Woj is not truthful, since apparently him and Danny have only talked twice this summer and both times about golf. 

It could absolutely be a one-way plan. LAC waives Pierce, Pierce solicits a 1 day contract from Boston.

I am still holding out hope though that Pierce will play his final yr in Boston. That would need two people to tango.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2016, 10:52:14 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Well unless that is a one sided plan he hatched without talking to Ainge, then we know flat out what Rivers told Woj is not truthful, since apparently him and Danny have only talked twice this summer and both times about golf. 

It could absolutely be a one-way plan. LAC waives Pierce, Pierce solicits a 1 day contract from Boston.

I am still holding out hope though that Pierce will play his final yr in Boston. That would need two people to tango.
If Pierce is going to retire, I hope it is at least a one (preseason) game contract.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2016, 11:03:12 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Nothing that ever comes out of Doc's mouth is trustworthy.  I mean let's consider what he said about Pierce a couple of days ago, i.e. that if Pierce decides to walk away we have a plan to send to him Boston.  Well unless that is a one sided plan he hatched without talking to Ainge, then we know flat out what Rivers told Woj is not truthful, since apparently him and Danny have only talked twice this summer and both times about golf.  Doc Rivers is a two-faced liar.  Nothing he says about anything can be believed (it doesn't mean he is always lying, he just does it so much you can never know).

Where did Doc say he and Danny decided on the Pierce plan just this summer, and not before?

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Yeah. I laughed at the subject title.

Nothing that comes out of Glenn Rivers' mouth is to be taken seriously by intelligent people.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."