Author Topic: Woj/Doc Rivers address Blake Griffin "Rumors"  (Read 8302 times)

Woj/Doc Rivers address Blake Griffin "Rumors"
« on: July 28, 2016, 06:23:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Well every legitimate writer I've seen address this thing has already come out to say the twitter/realgm troll rumors about Blake Griffin were baseless.   But for those waiting for the most respected of the respectable to chime in, here's some excerpts from Woj's latest podcast with Doc Rivers.

Doc Rivers was asked about trade rumors involving Blake Griffin and his future with the Los Angeles Clippers.

"One, I'm glad you asked the question," said Rivers. "It's funny, you don't want to go out and send out a press release every time there's a rumor about Blake. We're hoping Blake ends his career playing for the Clippers. Period. So when teams call, we say we have no interest.

"First of all, no team is calling right now because teams know we don't have any interest. It just tells you the different times, you know. Things have changed. Everyone believes that they're media now. I feel for guys like you. There's so many good credible guys and there's some of the guys that are bloggers that have nothing to do with the sport. I had my young son trace where this started, the Blake rumor to Boston.

"Danny and I have talked twice this summer. One was about the British Open and one was about another golf tournament. That's about it. But my son traced it to a Boston radio talk show and the guy didn't say that we had been talking, he said Blake was one of the guys that Boston should go after. That started the next step to the next step. That stuff is tough."

http://art19.com/shows/vertical/episodes/cf876d0f-9c62-44fb-96f6-6cf19dc9a633

SHOCKING!

Re: Woj/Doc Rivers address Blake Griffin "Rumors"
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 06:27:26 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Griffin to C's confirmed
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 06:31:06 PM »

Offline cornbread1981

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I dont believe a trade will happen but do u think doc rivers is going to go onto a podcast and say there trying to trade their star player? This is the same as ainge saying he wasnt going to trade rondo and did he? yes. The rumors became to much for rivers if he didnt deny them soon then something was a little out of sorts. I havent been around here long but my god you've really showed how me idiotic some people can be, please wake up and dont come at me saying im with the salesman guy or something thanks.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 06:45:10 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
So, bloggers that have nothing to do with the sport are worthless and not to be trusted but his son, who as far as I know is not a detective, sleuthed and found the truth..sounds credible to me ::)

In other words, Doc is trying to increase the value of Griffin before he bolts when he is a free agent....

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 06:48:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
So, bloggers that have nothing to do with the sport are worthless and not to be trusted but his son, who as far as I know is not a detective, sleuthed and found the truth..sounds credible to me ::)

In other words, Doc is trying to increase the value of Griffin before he bolts when he is a free agent....
In other words - the rumors were entirely made up by people looking for attention.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 06:49:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I dont believe a trade will happen but do u think doc rivers is going to go onto a podcast and say there trying to trade their star player?

No... because there is no point to trading their star player and multiple sources on both sides have confirmed they are not trading their star player.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 07:12:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Well every legitimate writer I've seen address this thing has already come out to say the twitter/realgm troll rumors about Blake Griffin were baseless.   But for those waiting for the most respected of the respectable to chime in, here's some excerpts from Woj's latest podcast with Doc Rivers.

Doc Rivers was asked about trade rumors involving Blake Griffin and his future with the Los Angeles Clippers.

"One, I'm glad you asked the question," said Rivers. "It's funny, you don't want to go out and send out a press release every time there's a rumor about Blake. We're hoping Blake ends his career playing for the Clippers. Period. So when teams call, we say we have no interest.

"First of all, no team is calling right now because teams know we don't have any interest. It just tells you the different times, you know. Things have changed. Everyone believes that they're media now. I feel for guys like you. There's so many good credible guys and there's some of the guys that are bloggers that have nothing to do with the sport. I had my young son trace where this started, the Blake rumor to Boston.

"Danny and I have talked twice this summer. One was about the British Open and one was about another golf tournament. That's about it. But my son traced it to a Boston radio talk show and the guy didn't say that we had been talking, he said Blake was one of the guys that Boston should go after. That started the next step to the next step. That stuff is tough."

http://art19.com/shows/vertical/episodes/cf876d0f-9c62-44fb-96f6-6cf19dc9a633

SHOCKING!

I mean seriously what do you expect Doc to say? I am not saying I believe the rumors or whatever people are saying, but how does this impact anything? He obviously can't say he is going to trade him or is even thinking about it. That just hurts his value and destroys his morale if it doesn't happen. We obviously remember the not trading Rondo right?

Heck even this from trading Pierce and KG (I believe doc may have even said there was no truth to the rumors of an LAC trade at the same time)

"I wasn't really trying to trade Kevin and Paul," says Ainge when asked about the deal that currently makes Boston's future twice as bright. "I had sort of resigned myself to the fact that Kevin and Paul would remain Celtics and retire as Celtics. There really hadn't been much momentum, or even tempting opportunities to move them, until Brooklyn came along and made an offer. It sort of came up last minute, right before the draft."

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 07:13:29 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This is not evidence that they are not trying to trade Blake. what else is he gonna say?

It sure as hell doesnt mean they are tryna trade Blake, but this is fairly worthless.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 07:17:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
This is not evidence that they are not trying to trade Blake. what else is he gonna say?

It sure as hell doesnt mean they are tryna trade Blake, but this is fairly worthless.

yea...

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 07:17:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Why is rumors in quotes?  Are they not actually rumors?

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 07:20:54 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
So for those that somehow still believe there's merit to the rumor, just ask yourself why they'd even consider trading Griffin. It makes literally no sense.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 07:23:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

yea...
I didnt see your post. Ill toss a TP for having similar thoughts but articulating them much more eloquently.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 07:31:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

yea...
I didnt see your post. Ill toss a TP for having similar thoughts but articulating them much more eloquently.

TP back at you. I would say the same thing if the car salesman dude never even made the rumor. If Doc said he doesn't plan to trade Blake, if anything, that makes me think he is more likely to trade him. Unless there has been a clear and public demand for a trade, you will pretty much never see a coach/gm say they are trying to trade a player cause it really screws them over value wise. Heck didn't the 76ers say they were not trying to trade Okafor not that long ago?>

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 07:32:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
So for those that somehow still believe there's merit to the rumor, just ask yourself why they'd even consider trading Griffin. It makes literally no sense.

The equipment manager Blake punched no longer works there:  http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/los-angeles-clippers-staffer-punched-by-blake-griffin-reportedly-no/article_b3b1121b-b4e9-51cc-b9b0-6bf92a2fdb1e.html

I guess there's no reason to trade him now.  Lol

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 07:41:21 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Wow. Big deal. Doc said he wanted to coach the Celtics again 3 weeks before he left.

What he said today literally means nothing.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about