Author Topic: Jaylen Brown is signed  (Read 14652 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown is signed
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2016, 11:34:58 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
Man, it's gonna be so weird having a 50+ win season AND rookie of the year, who's also MVP.

FTFY

Thank you, sir. TP for your foresight.

Gotta love the irrational exuberance.

I bet you're fun at parties huh?

Sure. I shush people when the game is going on and give them dirty looks if they're eating gluten.  I'm a BIG hit when I turn the music off so that I can demonstrate my Tango steps. Chicks are kind of shy but I'm super outgoing so I just grab the hottest one and do my thing, you know?  People don't even invite me anymore - they don't need to. They know that I'm there for them.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:20:12 PM by ThePaintedArea »

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2016, 11:36:48 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
Let's hope Brown is a luckier name than Green (s)

Closer to Red than Green?

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2016, 09:05:01 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
Guys, for real though... is JB wearing 7 or 9? The online store says 7 yet he's been wearing 9 in summer league. I'd like to rock the gear this season and show the rookie some support. What's up?

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2016, 10:10:01 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
TP to OP for a beautifully written summary of the intrigue surrounding JB.

Sweet.

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2016, 10:11:37 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
How long do we need to wait to trade him?  One month?

Not that I want to trade him, but a lot of folks are still hoping to see a big trade and much like the Wiggins/Love situation, this delays it.

Now that we have hindsight, most would agree that CLE made mistake trading Wiggins for Love, and would be better served, both now and for the future, if they had kept Wiggins.  So why even bring that awful trade up as a comparison??

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2016, 10:17:26 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
The comparisons between Brown and Green are ridiculous. Brown is astute, smart way beyond his years, taking graduate classes at UC Berkeley his Freshman year. Green came right out of HS, and, frankly, displayed a somewhat scatterbrained personality out of the gate.

Both are very athletically gifted.  Brown seems more driven, more mature, more focused. That is huge.

I have always liked Gerald. Was rooting for him his first two years here, and cursed Doc for not giving him more PT.  But I have a much higher plane of expectation for JB, based on what I have seen so far.  I think he can be special.

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2016, 01:42:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Please explain what you mean here, because at first glance it makes no sense. Are you saying brown. Will have a similar developmental path as green?

What leads you. Say this? Green entered the league with little maturity and next to zero bb iq.

Brown is the mental opposite. Brown is very intelligent. He is highly motivated. He works hard.

What parallels are you drawing?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2016, 01:45:25 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
How long do we need to wait to trade him?  One month?

Not that I want to trade him, but a lot of folks are still hoping to see a big trade and much like the Wiggins/Love situation, this delays it.

Now that we have hindsight, most would agree that CLE made mistake trading Wiggins for Love, and would be better served, both now and for the future, if they had kept Wiggins.  So why even bring that awful trade up as a comparison??
Because It makes him the center of attention, and that is often the point of lb posts. By trolling. And placing such posts people will focus on him. Just push the ignore button  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2016, 02:03:51 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
Please explain what you mean here, because at first glance it makes no sense. Are you saying brown. Will have a similar developmental path as green?

What leads you. Say this? Green entered the league with little maturity and next to zero bb iq.

Brown is the mental opposite. Brown is very intelligent. He is highly motivated. He works hard.

What parallels are you drawing?

Likely because they are both athletic 3's?

Green is a known quantity, in any case.  Brown replaces Turner, and while he's eventually an upgrade, the rookie year is almost inevitably a rollercoaster. He and GG don't have the same game, but Green will help them bring Jaylen along at whatever pace he needs.

Green gives them depth for the long season ahead. It's a long way to the ECF, but that's the goal.

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2016, 02:09:54 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
TP to OP for a beautifully written summary of the intrigue surrounding JB.

Sweet.

Cool, thanks, brother footey.

Can't blame the fans who aren't on board yet - the shooting %s are very unimpressive.

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2016, 02:31:48 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Guys, for real though... is JB wearing 7 or 9? The online store says 7 yet he's been wearing 9 in summer league. I'd like to rock the gear this season and show the rookie some support. What's up?

I don't have a definitive answer, but I'm guessing Jaylen is 7. I say this because of the online store showing his number as 7, and also because I saw a screenshot of d-jax Twitter post where he tweeted a #9 and a shamrock. It was deleted right afterward, but someone got a screenshot of it.

So, my guess is Jaylen is 7, and D-Jax is 9

Edit: here is the link of d-jax tweet screenshot http://twitter.com/CelticsFanHub/status/757712442256490496
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:39:12 PM by alldaboston »
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2016, 05:33:13 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
Watching him in Summer League made me think he could play the 2 as well.  Good enough ball handler, obviously assuming the shooting comes around.  Would be nice to have a guy who could match up with the Klay Thompsons of the NBA.
I'm not sure he's fast enough to play against most NBA 2's but he could probably match up with someone like Klay and I have been really impressed with his ballhandling. He's miles ahead of someone like Crowder or Bradley in what he can do with the ball in his hands.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2016, 05:58:53 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum

I don't have a definitive answer, but I'm guessing Jaylen is 7. I say this because of the online store showing his number as 7, and also because I saw a screenshot of d-jax Twitter post where he tweeted a #9 and a shamrock. It was deleted right afterward, but someone got a screenshot of it.

So, my guess is Jaylen is 7, and D-Jax is 9

Edit: here is the link of d-jax tweet screenshot http://twitter.com/CelticsFanHub/status/757712442256490496

Does tradition matter?

7 was Tiny, and Dee Brown.   

9 was Rondo.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:12:01 PM by ThePaintedArea »

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2016, 08:07:08 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
Watching him in Summer League made me think he could play the 2 as well.  Good enough ball handler, obviously assuming the shooting comes around.  Would be nice to have a guy who could match up with the Klay Thompsons of the NBA.
I'm not sure he's fast enough to play against most NBA 2's but he could probably match up with someone like Klay and I have been really impressed with his ballhandling. He's miles ahead of someone like Crowder or Bradley in what he can do with the ball in his hands.

Bingo on the ball-handling. Looks like he advanced a ways in the past year.

About him at the 2:  it surely would help if he could play there or at 4, or even both. Ironically or not, he's taller than Crowder, who can definitely play a few but regular minutes at 4. Being able to play both those guys together would be of great benefit to the team on both ends.

For what it's worth, Jae played significant minutes at 2 in Dallas; in Boston, he's competing against Bradley and Smart - Turner is gone, but one way to look at Brown is that he's Evan's replacement,  and there were multiple lineups with Turner and Crowder together, including a hot defensive outfit with Thomas (doubters take note!), Bradley, and Sullinger. Of course, he's a small-ball 4 in most - but not all - of those.

(Great role for Horford: small-ball 5, where a rim protector is critical, and he spreads the floor so you can take advantage of speed on offense.  Who would benefit the most from that kind of spacing? Jaylen Brown.)

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2016, 08:10:47 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum

Also:  good call on Thompson – so playing Golden State, perhaps Jaylen could play 2, great asset for switching.