Author Topic: Colton Iverson  (Read 5318 times)

Re: Colton Iverson
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 01:36:53 PM »

Offline Dedalus

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
^I agree. Maybe it's meant to motivate Mickey. Either way, hope for the best.

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 02:00:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
57% FT shooting is approaching Deandre / Drummond level of ineptitude.   :(
Given that those two shoot 42% and 38% for their careers, respectively -- no, it isn't even close to approaching anything like this. If you want perspective, itt's comparable to Kendrick Perkins.

On a scale of 100, I think it is fair to say that 57 is approaching 42.
Yes, in the same way in which 40 is approaching 0, but the next person who tries to argue that a 40% three-point shooter can't shoot will probably be the first. Perspective.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 03:24:02 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Given that those two shoot 42% and 38% for their careers, respectively -- no, it isn't even close to approaching anything like this. If you want perspective, itt's comparable to Kendrick Perkins.

Yes, in the same way in which 40 is approaching 0, but the next person who tries to argue that a 40% three-point shooter can't shoot will probably be the first. Perspective.
I know DeAndre and Drummond are worse.  That's why I said approaching.  c'mon koz.  The point is he sucks at FT shooting.

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 03:33:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I know DeAndre and Drummond are worse.  That's why I said approaching.  c'mon koz.  The point is he sucks at FT shooting.

He doesn't suck.  He's definitely below average, but he's not a liability if he shoots 57%.  He scores 1.14 points per possession when he's sent to the line.  That's better than any team's regular offense, so there's little to no advantage in fouling him.  The same can't be said of Drummond.

Anyway, he's never going to play a regular season minute for the C's, so it's all moot.

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 03:48:46 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
a less talented Greg Kite--?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 04:37:57 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
a few steps down from even kite
Its nice they are adding him to tryout team.  He should look at what european team will give him best contract along with nicest place to live.  Not ready for prime time player  ;)

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 05:11:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
time to wrap this thread up. this says it all.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 05:17:16 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
The Celtics are definitely showing their generous side so far. Offering Colton a chance with a slim chance of making it and guaranteeing 250K of Ben Bentil's contract even though he won't make it eihter.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 05:24:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

57 is closer to 74 than it is to 42. You know who's a 74% career FT shooter? Al Horford. I guess you could also say that that he's approaching Al Horford level.  ::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 10:23:45 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Contrary to a previous report, Colton Iverson has not agreed to a training camp deal with the Celtics according to Jay King of MassLive.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 11:26:30 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

57 is closer to 74 than it is to 42. You know who's a 74% career FT shooter? Al Horford. I guess you could also say that that he's approaching Al Horford level.  ::)
koz, this is not a good post by you. it seems more aimed at being "right" than providing insight into the celtics' players.

57% free throw shooting is not good. the point here is a simple one.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2016, 11:29:11 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Contrary to a previous report, Colton Iverson has not agreed to a training camp deal with the Celtics according to Jay King of MassLive.
[dang]. first durant, now iverson. there goes the season.  ;)
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »

Offline Dedalus

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21

That's in the original post.

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2016, 11:57:05 AM »

Offline filmexec

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
We need another "Jungle Jim" Loscutoff on this team! And he not a bad 3rd string Center either! LOL!