Author Topic: Is Nikola Vucevic a trade option  (Read 4674 times)

Is Nikola Vucevic a trade option
« on: July 28, 2016, 09:26:35 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Orlando now has Nikola Vucevic and Bismack Biyombo are going to be competing fro minutes.
I personally think Nikola Vucevic would be great in celtic green. I was wonder what all my wise Celtic Blogger thought on the subject. Also it could maybe do a three way trade with Nikola Vucevic going to the kings and us getting Boogie.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Re: Is Nikola Vucevic a trade option
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 10:05:05 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
i think hes a good player. i think hes better than biyombo and they'd be not too smart to trade him and keep biyombo. but yeah, if theres a way to get him on the celtics without giving up and bklyn picks then i think hed be welcome.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 10:12:06 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
there is already a thread on this, and I think the consensus is that Orlando is not trading Vucevic.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 10:56:21 AM »

• Don Chaney
there is already a thread on this, and I think the consensus is that Orlando is not trading Vucevic.
I did a search and it did not come up must have missed spelled his name. I will look harder in the future. Something will give with him soon.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 11:04:12 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I think he would be a great fit alongside a defensive big like we have in Horford. Offensively he's very skilled. He has a really good mid-range game, can score in the post, and is a pretty good passer that you can run offense through on the high post. He's also a very good rebounder. He's just a very bad defender. Maybe not as bad as Kanter or Okafor, but pretty close.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 11:26:12 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I did a search and it did not come up must have missed spelled his name. I will look harder in the future. Something will give with him soon.

Here ya go

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=86375.msg2138087#msg2138087

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=85180.msg2105304#msg2105304

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »

• Don Chaney

Here ya go

3's a Charm  ;)

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 04:39:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think that trading Vucevic without getting a legitimate big man would leave the Magic with a lack of depth in the frontcourt.  Most teams prefer having multiple quality centers.  Vucevic is not a player they are just going to discard because they signed Biyombo and drafted Zimmerman.  Someone like Vucevic may become available if Zimmerman demonstrates that he is at least a quality backup with starter potential.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 04:44:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I think that trading Vucevic without getting a legitimate big man would leave the Magic with a lack of depth in the frontcourt.  Most teams prefer having multiple quality centers.  Vucevic is not a player they are just going to discard because they signed Biyombo and drafted Zimmerman.  Someone like Vucevic may become available if Zimmerman demonstrates that he is at least a quality backup with starter potential.

They like Gordon as a 4 and have Ibaka as well. If anything, trading away Vucevic will open up some playing time for Gordon as a 4 and Biyombo.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 05:46:18 PM »

Offline HuskerCeltic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4

Here ya go

3's a Charm  ;)
You should be severely punished for this! I'm pretty sure there is only one Okafor thread.

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 07:12:03 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

They like Gordon as a 4 and have Ibaka as well. If anything, trading away Vucevic will open up some playing time for Gordon as a 4 and Biyombo.

Biyombo and Vucevic probably aren't going to be soaking up PF minutes, so that only makes sense if you think they want to run Ibaka out there for extended minutes at center.  The Magic should want enough frontcourt depth to be able to weather having a couple of players banged up at the same time.  I don't think it makes sense for them to do a trade before the season starts unless they have a replacement for that depth or if Vucevic is threatening to be a locker room malcontent if he doesn't start.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 09:39:58 PM »

• Don Chaney

Here ya go

3's a Charm  ;)
You should be severely punished for this! I'm pretty sure there is only one Okafor thread.
I will have to now read all lrdbrd33 posts as my punishment.

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 09:42:30 PM »

• Don Chaney

Biyombo and Vucevic probably aren't going to be soaking up PF minutes, so that only makes sense if you think they want to run Ibaka out there for extended minutes at center.  The Magic should want enough frontcourt depth to be able to weather having a couple of players banged up at the same time.  I don't think it makes sense for them to do a trade before the season starts unless they have a replacement for that depth or if Vucevic is threatening to be a locker room malcontent if he doesn't start.
He has already said he belives he deserves to start so the angst is beginning.

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 09:49:41 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Yes, they liked Gordon so much at the 4 that they went out and added two players to take his minutes there.

Judging by their roster, Gordon is slated to play the 3. Vucevic isn't becoming available -- I wouldn't hang my hat on him being outplayed by a dude that's too injured to lift weights (that'd be Zimmerman).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 09:56:20 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think he would be a great fit alongside a defensive big like we have in Horford. Offensively he's very skilled. He has a really good mid-range game, can score in the post, and is a pretty good passer that you can run offense through on the high post. He's also a very good rebounder. He's just a very bad defender. Maybe not as bad as Kanter or Okafor, but pretty close.

I think Ibaka is an even better fit next to him than Horford, because he's a little more mobile than Horford.