Author Topic: 2017 Official Draft Binkie Thread  (Read 9834 times)

Re: 2017 Official Draft Binkie Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2016, 11:15:30 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Ok how many games did you see last year? I saw about 30 plus some of HS games. That's not to say I know better Im just saying I have see him play alot.

Also, I dont see him falling out of the lotto minus a disaster year. The kid has too much talent to fall that far.

When I see Rabb I see alot of Chris Bosh. A very long guy. No too terrible strong. Rabb does not shoot like him (I dont remember Bosh as a prospect) but I think he has a chance to a similar type player. Not flashy but very good.

Well this is a tough topic for me. I have seen Tatum play for the last two years and he is very good. I like him alot.

I llike alot of the players in this draft. I think this draft is going to force the Cs to make some serious decisions. THe top players are PGs and wings and Im not sure what Danny will do.

One person to keep an eye on is Ivan Rabb. I saw him play a few times in HS and all but about 3 of his games last year. I think he isnt on the same level as some of the top guys but I think he is very good and keeps the roster balanced.

The one guy that I really jsut do not like is Ball. I just dont see how his game traslates to the pro level let alone the college level. His shot is so broken. I have no idea what he is besides someone who has vision but not much else to his game from what i can see.
From the games I saw of Robb last year, he was just sort of meh.  Nothing impressive.  Nothing horrible.  Assuming this draft is as deep as projected, I wouldn't be surprised if Rabb fell out of the lottery.

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Ok how many games did you see last year? I saw about 30 plus some of HS games. That's not to say I know better Im just saying I have see him play alot.

Also, I dont see him falling out of the lotto minus a disaster year. The kid has too much talent to fall that far.

When I see Rabb I see alot of Chris Bosh. A very long guy. No too terrible strong. Rabb does not shoot like him (I dont remember Bosh as a prospect) but I think he has a chance to a similar type player. Not flashy but very good.

Well this is a tough topic for me. I have seen Tatum play for the last two years and he is very good. I like him alot.

I llike alot of the players in this draft. I think this draft is going to force the Cs to make some serious decisions. THe top players are PGs and wings and Im not sure what Danny will do.

One person to keep an eye on is Ivan Rabb. I saw him play a few times in HS and all but about 3 of his games last year. I think he isnt on the same level as some of the top guys but I think he is very good and keeps the roster balanced.

The one guy that I really jsut do not like is Ball. I just dont see how his game traslates to the pro level let alone the college level. His shot is so broken. I have no idea what he is besides someone who has vision but not much else to his game from what i can see.
From the games I saw of Robb last year, he was just sort of meh.  Nothing impressive.  Nothing horrible.  Assuming this draft is as deep as projected, I wouldn't be surprised if Rabb fell out of the lottery.
Just a handful of games last year and a couple HS games.  I probably came off too negative.  I think Rabb could be a good solid NBA player.  Probably even a starter in a different era but I don't see any star potential or anything elite about him.  If we're picking top 3 like we should, Ainge better go after a potential star.  Late lottery I'd probably be alright with Rabb but it depends who is available.  I don't want another KO over Greek Freak pick. 

The reason I suggested Rabb might fall out of the lottery isn't because he's not good.  It is because the draft is projected to be a good and deep, his lack of star potential/eliteness and his non-stretch 4 position not being in demand.  GMs reach for stars.  Thon Maker didn't deserve to be the 10th pick but he has some star potential. 

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 01:01:06 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I think he could be a star like in the Horford mode. A good player. One of the better at his position in the league but not elite.

I get your point about this draft but Im not seeing 14 players better than him at this point. I have him mid lotto so about 6 - 12.

Just a handful of games last year and a couple HS games.  I probably came off too negative.  I think Rabb could be a good solid NBA player.  Probably even a starter in a different era but I don't see any star potential or anything elite about him.  If we're picking top 3 like we should, Ainge better go after a potential star.  Late lottery I'd probably be alright with Rabb but it depends who is available.  I don't want another KO over Greek Freak pick. 

The reason I suggested Rabb might fall out of the lottery isn't because he's not good.  It is because the draft is projected to be a good and deep, his lack of star potential/eliteness and his non-stretch 4 position not being in demand.  GMs reach for stars.  Thon Maker didn't deserve to be the 10th pick but he has some star potential.

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2016, 01:33:30 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Which one is 6'11" blocks shots and hits 3 pointers?  That's the guy that I want.

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2016, 01:48:08 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Which one is 6'11" blocks shots and hits 3 pointers?  That's the guy that I want.

Al Horford.

In all seriousness, those guys are pretty rare. Towns, Porzingis, they don't come around too often. As far as I can tell, the guys with size who can defend the rim (Giles, Bolden, Allen, Adebayo) can't shoot, and the bigs who can shoot (Markkanen) can't defend the rim. It seems like Jonathan Jeanne might be the closest thing to what you're looking for, but at the moment, he's not considered to be a top pick. Some other candidates for the role you're looking for might be Rabb and Isaac. Rabb has some ability to protect the rim and has a decent stroke, while Isaac is much more of a wing than a big, but he has size and a "promising" stroke.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2016, 02:03:08 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Lets see where the pick lands first... the choice of brown has shown me to trust danny...  take the player you think as an organisation has the biggest value... you will increase your trading power...

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2016, 02:07:52 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Al Horford.

In all seriousness, those guys are pretty rare. Towns, Porzingis, they don't come around too often. As far as I can tell, the guys with size who can defend the rim (Giles, Bolden, Allen, Adebayo) can't shoot, and the bigs who can shoot (Markkanen) can't defend the rim. It seems like Jonathan Jeanne might be the closest thing to what you're looking for, but at the moment, he's not considered to be a top pick. Some other candidates for the role you're looking for might be Rabb and Isaac. Rabb has some ability to protect the rim and has a decent stroke, while Isaac is much more of a wing than a big, but he has size and a "promising" stroke.

TP for giving me a better answer than I deserved.

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2016, 03:08:48 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
You worship false idols.
You head wisdom from false leaders.    (draftxpress, nbadraft.net, espn, and etc)

Here's my list from a couple years ago and I'm sticking with it:
(comparisons that I made at the same time)
-Dennis Smith Jr (comparison= Steve Frncise)
-Bam Bam(Dwight comparison)
-Thomas Bryant (comparison= Joel Embiid)
-Johnothan Jeanne (comparison=Rudy Gobert)

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 11:39:44 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Bam is no joke.

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
We have had so many conversations about the guy, that every time I glance at the forum topics I initially think this one is the Draft Hinkie Thread.

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2017, 07:07:58 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
This is tough as I like a lot of players but without picking a top prospect like Josh Jackson, whom I liked for a year now, I'd say Bam Adebayo from Kentucky. I also think when all is said and done that Markelle Fultz may be the best player.
This was posted before the college season even started. Bam fell but Fultz didn't. I still like Bam more than most draft prognosticators. I think he'll be a great rebounder and defender and eventually develop an offensive game. He's still young and has all the raw ability to become a starter in this league.

p.s. can I get a TP for seeing Fultz for what he is? I had worked for it last June/July :)

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2017, 07:13:17 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This is tough as I like a lot of players but without picking a top prospect like Josh Jackson, whom I liked for a year now, I'd say Bam Adebayo from Kentucky. I also think when all is said and done that Markelle Fultz may be the best player.
This was posted before the college season even started. Bam fell but Fultz didn't. I still like Bam more than most draft prognosticators. I think he'll be a great rebounder and defender and eventually develop an offensive game. He's still young and has all the raw ability to become a starter in this league.

p.s. can I get a TP for seeing Fultz for what he is? I had worked for it last June/July :)

TP for foresight.

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 10:19:00 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
You worship false idols.
You head wisdom from false leaders.    (draftxpress, nbadraft.net, espn, and etc)

Here's my list from a couple years ago and I'm sticking with it:
(comparisons that I made at the same time)
-Dennis Smith Jr (comparison= Steve Frncise)
-Bam Bam(Dwight comparison)
-Thomas Bryant (comparison= Joel Embiid)
-Johnothan Jeanne (comparison=Rudy Gobert)

Time for a little humble pie, eh?  Too early to perhaps write these guys off, but with the exception of Jeanne who seems to be regarded similarly as last year, the rest have seen their stock drop.

Good thing you don't own the Celtics yet, but keep trying.  ;)