Author Topic: 2017 Official Draft Binkie Thread  (Read 9825 times)

Re: 2017 Official Draft Binkie Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 01:12:22 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I really like Jackson a lot.

yeah, gimme JJ over Jaylen, only just though. Strong draft no doubt..

I want them both. Josh at the 2 and Jaylen at the 3, defense and athleticism for days.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 01:15:45 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Not a top pick right now, but with one of our later picks a pick I'd LOVE is Johnathan Jeanne. Great shot blocker, athletic, and can be stashed if need be.

Between him and Yabusele, we could end up with an all-French frontcourt in a couple of years
I'm bitter.

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 01:39:34 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I honestly thought Fultz was listed at 6'5. Apparently at the most recent usa bball he was 6'3.5". It looks like his 6'4.75" measure was an outlier.

Shoes vs no shoes maybe?

They dont have any of his height without shoes listed. All my data was from draft express but his measurements dont stack up to 6'5 unless they are measuring all of these kids at usa basketball without shoes, and saying its with shoes.
#JKJB

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 01:44:27 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I really like Jason Tatum. Giles would be my consensus #1 if it wasn't for his 2 acl tears.

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 08:31:19 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Jarrett Allen is the guy I want to watch a few games of this year. Don't know where he will end up as far as moving up or down big boards.

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 08:59:32 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Jarrett Allen is the guy I want to watch a few games of this year. Don't know where he will end up as far as moving up or down big boards.
DraftExpress already has strengths and weaknesses videos out on him.  Looks interesting but he definitely needs to add weight and strength since he seems to be a pure 5.  What do you like about him? 

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 10:02:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Someone who can take over for Amir who can play right away is what we need!  Bam from KY!

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 10:04:44 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I dunno who it is yet, but it will be nice having the #1 overall pick right after winning the NBA Championship.   ;D
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 11:48:41 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Well this is a tough topic for me. I have seen Tatum play for the last two years and he is very good. I like him alot.

I llike alot of the players in this draft. I think this draft is going to force the Cs to make some serious decisions. THe top players are PGs and wings and Im not sure what Danny will do.

One person to keep an eye on is Ivan Rabb. I saw him play a few times in HS and all but about 3 of his games last year. I think he isnt on the same level as some of the top guys but I think he is very good and keeps the roster balanced.

The one guy that I really jsut do not like is Ball. I just dont see how his game traslates to the pro level let alone the college level. His shot is so broken. I have no idea what he is besides someone who has vision but not much else to his game from what i can see. 

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 12:02:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Unfortunately I think the Nets will perform better than we all think....  not top 5 horrible... Maybe somewhere between 6-8

And this means we will draft Ivan Rabb....  I'm a fan of this kid....   mature player,  not a top flight athlete but better than average...  excellent rebounder and team player...   Somewhere between Amir  Johnson and Al Horford

Rabb highlight - 21 pts, 15 reb, 4 blocks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT5aOIypvMc
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:08:15 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016, 12:10:35 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Well this is a tough topic for me. I have seen Tatum play for the last two years and he is very good. I like him alot.

I llike alot of the players in this draft. I think this draft is going to force the Cs to make some serious decisions. THe top players are PGs and wings and Im not sure what Danny will do.

One person to keep an eye on is Ivan Rabb. I saw him play a few times in HS and all but about 3 of his games last year. I think he isnt on the same level as some of the top guys but I think he is very good and keeps the roster balanced.

The one guy that I really jsut do not like is Ball. I just dont see how his game traslates to the pro level let alone the college level. His shot is so broken. I have no idea what he is besides someone who has vision but not much else to his game from what i can see.
From the games I saw of Robb last year, he was just sort of meh.  Nothing impressive.  Nothing horrible.  Assuming this draft is as deep as projected, I wouldn't be surprised if Rabb fell out of the lottery. 

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 01:22:50 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
DraftExpress already has strengths and weaknesses videos out on him.  Looks interesting but he definitely needs to add weight and strength since he seems to be a pure 5.  What do you like about him?
He is a more athletic Portis pretty much. Does a little bit of everything and he gets locked in/highly focused at times. Of course playing well at U19 level is different from play college and then of course NBA. He also seems like a good kid with a nice work ethic. He will add weight but think he will do it slowly. The newer the videos the more impressive, check his US highlights if you get a chance.

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Someone who can take over for Amir who can play right away is what we need!  Bam from KY!

Yes, that kid intrigues me.

Already has the pro body.  Just needs a motor.

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2016, 08:05:45 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
John Egbunu is a guy that has always intrigued me. I feel that he's the type of guy that will thrive in the NBA game.

DX write up:

At 6'11” and 255 pounds, Egbunu's physical credentials immediately stand out. He's absolutely chiseled and proportionately strong from his legs to shoulders. Egbunu's NBA intrigue largely stems from his strong quickness and explosiveness for a player his size. His 7-foot-plus wingspan, along with his wide frame, makes him an imposing defensive force at the college level and makes him a handful on the offense end against undersized college teams.

Egbunu is a highly efficient – though limited – offensive player. In fact, just five of his 251 field goal attempts last year came outside of the paint, per Synergy Sports Technology. His post game is a highly mechanical work-in-progress, although it's the bread and butter of his game. Nearly half of his possessions last season came out of the post, where he converted on just 46 of his 109 field goal attempts (42.2%).

Even still, his wide base -- complemented by his bounciness – enables him to consistently seal off defenders and catch lobs under the basket – where he thrives at an elite level. Egbunu averaged 17.9 points pace 40 minutes last season, largely thanks to his finishing ability around the rim in non-post-up situations. He converted on an impressive 85-of-121 (70.2%) field goal attempts around the basket, per Synergy Sports Technology, and indicator of his rare combination of power and explosiveness.

Arguably Egbunu's most valuable strength comes as an offensive rebounder, where his combination of size and anticipation for the ball makes him a nightmare to box out. Per 40 minutes pace adjusted, Egbunu pulled down 4.2 offensive rebounds – one of the best rates in the SEC. He is also an effective screen-and-roller; where he converted on 26-of-31 (83.9%) pick-and-rolls per Synergy.

Elsewhere on offense, Egbunu is something of a liability. He recorded just 12 assists in 34 games last season. Given his position and role on the floor, his lack of passing isn't necessarily a non-starter for his NBA prospects, but he will need to cut down on his turnovers dramatically – as his 18.3% turnover percentage through his college career is fairly high for a big man. While he gets to the line at an impressive rate (7.9 free throw attempts pace 40 minutes), he's a dismal free throw shooter with ugly mechanics and will need to work hard to improve from his current 53.7% career free throw percentage.

Defensively, Egbunu is blessed with overwhelming physical tools, but still has a lot to improve. When motivated, he's an elite post defender, possessing active feet and a strong foundation to maintain position against the country's biggest bodies.

Egbunu also has plenty of tools to be an elite rim protector. However, his timing and overall feel on the defensive end seem to lag well behind his physical presence. He averaged just 2.2 blocks pace 40 minutes last season and was seen consistently chasing rejections instead of securing rebound position. To his credit, even though he makes it difficult on himself, Egbunu is still a strong defensive rebounder – posting a 16.1% defensive rebound percentage last season.

He has nice lateral quickness for a player his size, but isn't fundamentally sound defending ball screens – where he struggles to crouch into a balanced defensive stance and regularly shows uncertain body positioning. He's also somewhat foul prone, averaging 5.1 fouls pace 40 minutes last season. He'll need to improve his footwork, as he's often caught defending with his arms.

Overall, at 22 years old, Egbunu is still somewhat raw for a player his age, which isn't shocking considering his late start in basketball. He's physically gifted and showed nice progress last year as the season went on for the Gators, so it will be interesting to see how he continues to develop as a junior. Offensively, he'll need to show improvement at the free throw line and cut down on his turnovers. Defensively. he'll need to improve his timing and positioning as a rim protector in order to lower his foul rate and increase his effectiveness. There's a lot to like about his physical profile and if he can improve on his weaknesses, Egbunu has potential to succeed at the next level.

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2016, 10:14:50 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Let's see how brown develops....  I suspect Danny if the nets pick is so high picks Tatum or Jackson and trades crowder