Author Topic: Durant and Team USA acting like jerks so far , coach K upset with them  (Read 14270 times)

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I hope the Warriors don't become too much like the Heat of start of the Big 3 era.

I think they're worse. The Heat didn't have anybody as dirty as Green.

I don't know, we haven't seen Green dislocate someone's elbow or break someone's nose in an All-Star Game (yet),

or concuss Paul George with his knee and foot (jumping over him) in the 2nd half of a critical Playoff game, or knock Isaiah Thomas down so hard on the court, when he was in the air laying up the ball, that it took him 3 weeks to recover. Green hasn't injured anyone.

so I'd give the edge to Wade for now
I meant more in terms of the celebrating and acting like the whole season is a big allstar game.  Green is more of an instigator and has a bigger mouth, but I think Wade was much dirtier.
Plus Green is the classic jerk/competitor in the KG mold and he doesn't really seem to act like he's not.  Wade was so dirty but acted completely phony like he's the most upstanding citizen in the league.
Agreed. Regarding the celebrating, I think the hurt of how the Finals turned out and Durant never having won a title will keep things in perspective for them. Also, Steve Kerr can make them chill if necessary.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
where is the post after the game against Venezuela?  I mean I saw 360 dunks and all kinds of celebration from the bench in another rout, yet interestingly enough no outrage.  I'm sure that has nothing to do with Durant being the focus last time and not this time.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Kind of inevitable when the team consists of young guys. I mean just look at this clip that DeRozan posted:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIfcB_MhAaM/?taken-by=demar_derozan

Melo is probably thinking: "What am I doing here" hahaha!
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Kind of inevitable when the team consists of young guys. I mean just look at this clip that DeRozan posted:

melo's look was priceless
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

And no Warriors were a part of that. Durant hiding and Green using his phone.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
the NBA players are only in this for their own benefit. They care little about representing America. The should be banished from the games.
I'd prefer amateurs to rep my country.
So you would go with our college kids against professionals from other countries, some of whom are stars in the NBA?

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but our 'college kids' are not amateurs either.

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Showboating is immature and unnecessary, but given that the opponent was China I felt significantly less remorseful. The Olympics shouldn't be used as a political platform, but it will happen regardless. We're talking about a country that bullies its neighbors, that steals our intellectual property on a regular basis, that violates human rights, and that controls an enormous amount of American debt while we import their junk products. I have no sympathy for a country like that.

Now that you mentioned it, China also rigged the FIBA Asian tournament last year. They pulled every dirty tactics they can get. They delayed the trip of opposing teams to their training facilities and even bought referee to their side.

Now I feel better about them being disrespected.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
the NBA players are only in this for their own benefit. They care little about representing America. The should be banished from the games.
So you would go with our college kids against professionals from other countries, some of whom are stars in the NBA?

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but our 'college kids' are not amateurs either.
That is not supposed to be true, but let's pretend it is. It appears you don't want the NBA players in the Olympics. So other countries can send their best but USA can't?

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

melo's look was priceless

Oh man, Melo with the hard eye roll.

That is too perfect!

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
When you play a team, you can crush them it breaks their will.   They won't stand a chance against you the next time.   I always played this kid in my home town, I never let him beat me, he got a full ride of Stanford, and I went to a D III college.   But he never ever beat me, it was in his head.  I think smashing these teams does the same thing folks.

People talk how good these teams are on draft night but it ought to be clear that they are not NBA level ballers.

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

That is not supposed to be true, but let's pretend it is. It appears you don't want the NBA players in the Olympics. So other countries can send their best but USA can't?

+1 on th is. College kids ain't amateurs but they aren't pros. They will be facing pros from other countries whom some are stars in the NBA. Like Spain, who has the Gasol brothers, and Calderon. Or to some extend not stars but great/good rotational players like Argentina with Giniobli and Luis Scola. France with Parker and co, 2-3 of that team even won championships.

I don't disagree the NBA players are there to play for their own benefit, but let's be honest, some players from other countries are probably the same. They're looking for endorsements and deals to make big bucks. Disrespectful and immature sure, but that's up to the coach to make them tone it down. I mean, you'll see controversy wherever you go. Let's just move on :) and enjoy team USA whoops some ass and bring home the gold

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

+1 on th is. College kids ain't amateurs but they aren't pros. They will be facing pros from other countries whom some are stars in the NBA. Like Spain, who has the Gasol brothers, and Calderon. Or to some extend not stars but great/good rotational players like Argentina with Giniobli and Luis Scola. France with Parker and co, 2-3 of that team even won championships.

I don't disagree the NBA players are there to play for their own benefit, but let's be honest, some players from other countries are probably the same. They're looking for endorsements and deals to make big bucks. Disrespectful and immature sure, but that's up to the coach to make them tone it down. I mean, you'll see controversy wherever you go. Let's just move on :) and enjoy team USA whoops some ass and bring home the gold

this I can get with, but can I root for the USA without liking players like Durant?

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

this I can get with, but can I root for the USA without liking players like Durant?

Sure. Absolutely.

Here, I'll join you.  :P
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different