Author Topic: Durant and Team USA acting like jerks so far , coach K upset with them  (Read 14313 times)

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
If your in a race with someone you don't slow down just so the other guy can lose respectfully.

Stuff like this is just stupid too me, sorry.
no one is complaining about running the score up.

If you are in a race with someone slow do you run the last 20 meters while celebrating?

Its not a big deal but your example was garbage.

Agreed. It's like slow-rolling in poker. Something just inherently [adj., female hygiene product] about it. I view Bolt as celebrating out of excitement, while USA is collectively taunting the other team.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Maybe the coach is upset about the team picking up bad habits in the gimme exhibition games that might come back to haunt them in the business end of the tournament.
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
  Overreactions, remember what barkley said about Angola. "I don't know nothing about Angola, But they in trouble"

Let them talk trash and show-off if they want too. It might actually make for an entertaining game or two.

Barkley

https://youtu.be/lgLVkcecP8g

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
  Overreactions, remember what barkley said about Angola. "I don't know nothing about Angola, But they in trouble"

Let them talk trash and show-off if they want too. It might actually make for an entertaining game or two.

Barkley

https://youtu.be/lgLVkcecP8g

I remember that. But afterward, Barkley adjusted a bit, socialized with a lot of people at the Olympics, and seemed to address that comment and some foul play during early games. Seemed like he got pressure to from teammates also. Idk, I'm all for running up the score, having fun, bowing off a bit... just too much here imo. They should expect to crush these teams, business as usual.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If your in a race with someone you don't slow down just so the other guy can lose respectfully.

Stuff like this is just stupid too me, sorry.
no one is complaining about running the score up.

If you are in a race with someone slow do you run the last 20 meters while celebrating?

Its not a big deal but your example was garbage.

I mean this is exactly what Usain Bolt does and everybody loves the guy...

But I do think it is a bit different in basketball. And they should tone it down, but this isn't that big of a deal.
we both agree its not a big deal but with Bolt he was at the absolute pinnacle of his sport. If next year the Warriors are blowing someone out to clinch the NBA finals I dont care if they showboat. This is different. Its a friendly against a trash team.

I think coach K is right to tell them to knock it off. Anything more would be excessive.

You shouldnt be hyping yourself up for blowing a team out who you were supposed to blow out. You should be hyped when you prove yourself the most dominant athlete in your sport and the fastest man of all time. Ive never seen usain Bolt celebrating in qualifying heats(not that Ive seen too many of them).
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
the NBA players are only in this for their own benefit. They care little about representing America. The should be banished from the games.

Stupid.

Classless.

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
KD just cementing his legacy as the greatest front runner of all time. 

I actually think the dubs will be worse this year trying to integrate him.   Well, maybe more hope than think...

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
the NBA players are only in this for their own benefit. They care little about representing America. The should be banished from the games.

Stupid.

Classless.

Well, we are talking about the NBA, a league that has had a high-profile player renege on a contractual agreement, a franchise player that took pay cuts with promises of future security after 3 rings get short-changed and leave, and had the MVP from 3 years ago join the MVP from the last 2 years in free agency, all in the past 2 years. Let's not even mention Donald Sterling or biased refereeing.

I actually think this could be an awesome foreshadowing of Durant's 2016-2017 NBA season: he's already celebrating a sure fire, slam-dunk championship, only to have his figurative jump shot rim out unexpectedly.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

lol wut
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2654314-mike-krzyzewski-thinks-team-usa-needs-to-tone-down-its-antics?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I'm a bit surprised, especially with KD. Celebrating like they just did something amazing after showboating against basically D-League level opponents is highly immature and makes the US team look terrible. I thought Durant was better than this but I guess I was wrong.

Given some of the actions / words I've seen from Durant in the past year or so, it's not a surprise to me at all.

I never liked KD because I always felt he was soft as a marshmallow - but I at least respected him because he seemed like a good guy.

The things he's done and said this past year have really made him look like a jerk...I'm not a fan.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I hope the Warriors don't become too much like the Heat of start of the Big 3 era.

I think they're worse. The Heat didn't have anybody as dirty as Green.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I hope the Warriors don't become too much like the Heat of start of the Big 3 era.

I think they're worse. The Heat didn't have anybody as dirty as Green.

I don't know, we haven't seen Green dislocate someone's elbow or break someone's nose in an All-Star Game (yet), so I'd give the edge to Wade for now
I'm bitter.

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I blame this on Trump.

:police:
Yup

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Durant has always been a jerk, he just had Westbrook before to shield the world a bit from it.  I mean that story about Durant telling Westbrook and Collison at dinner that he was absolutely coming back and then not calling them to tell him he changed his mind, fits right in with what I've known about Durant for years. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Durant has always been a jerk, he just had Westbrook before to shield the world a bit from it.  I mean that story about Durant telling Westbrook and Collison at dinner that he was absolutely coming back and then not calling them to tell him he changed his mind, fits right in with what I've known about Durant for years. 

wasn't there a clip from this past playoffs, I think it was against the Warriors where he literally mouthed off "F*** U" to Dion Waiters? I personally don't think it's a big deal, Dion Waiters didn't personally come out and say anything bad about KD. I think it was either game 3 or game 4