Author Topic: Durant and Team USA acting like jerks so far , coach K upset with them  (Read 14387 times)

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2654314-mike-krzyzewski-thinks-team-usa-needs-to-tone-down-its-antics?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I'm a bit surprised, especially with KD. Celebrating like they just did something amazing after showboating against basically D-League level opponents is highly immature and makes the US team look terrible. I thought Durant was better than this but I guess I was wrong.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm all for finding new reasons to dislike Durant. In that video they did seem to go overboard... Klay (?) Bombing a contested 3 from like 40 feet and the bench acting silly after he made it. Cmon... they're playing scrubs.

Love coach K for his comments though. He's been a good ambassador for USA.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I'm all for finding new reasons to dislike Durant. In that video they did seem to go overboard... Klay (?) Bombing a contested 3 from like 40 feet and the bench acting silly after he made it. Cmon... they're playing scrubs.

That's the point, they are playing scrubs and representing our country, they should show A LOT more respect than that. There is no reason to rub it in when destroying far inferior opponents. Shooting a 40 ft three 90 seconds into the game and celebrating like it was a game 7 winner is disgusting and pathetic.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
the NBA players are only in this for their own benefit. They care little about representing America. The should be banished from the games.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I got to agree with this being kind of pathetic on team USA part. Whether you are high school, college, NBA or ymca if you are up 4 points you neither need to launch a 3 pointer 8 feet beyond the arc or have your teammates be disrespectful. It would be one thing if this was college and it was a walk-on hitting his first basket in a blowout. I am starting to dislike the Warriors more than I used to.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I hope the Warriors don't become too much like the Heat of start of the Big 3 era.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Danny just find a way to get Jimmy Butler and Griffin here and we'll wipe the smile off their faces.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Well, the Warriors have pretty much already been acting like this a whole bunch last year. Looks like KD will fit right in.
- LilRip

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
the NBA players are only in this for their own benefit. They care little about representing America. The should be banished from the games.

Stupid.

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Thing is an opposing player gets p'd off at this show boating and decides to do a hard foul on a layup.  Could end a players career.  Or think Rudy tom.

Coach K is doing the right thing , poor taste and class for the team

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
If you got it, better flaunt it. 

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I hope the Warriors don't become too much like the Heat of start of the Big 3 era.
they were quite worse than that last season.

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If your in a race with someone you don't slow down just so the other guy can lose respectfully.

Stuff like this is just stupid too me, sorry.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If your in a race with someone you don't slow down just so the other guy can lose respectfully.

no one is complaining about running the score up.

If you are in a race with someone slow do you run the last 20 meters while celebrating?

Its not a big deal but your example was garbage.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

no one is complaining about running the score up.

If you are in a race with someone slow do you run the last 20 meters while celebrating?

Its not a big deal but your example was garbage.

I mean this is exactly what Usain Bolt does and everybody loves the guy...

But I do think it is a bit different in basketball. And they should tone it down, but this isn't that big of a deal.