Author Topic: OKC - LAC - CLE  (Read 1908 times)

OKC - LAC - CLE
« on: July 27, 2016, 05:30:11 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I never post trade ideas.  I just don't feel qualified to make a reasonable suggestion that considers everything: team needs, salaries, contract lengths, system fit, personalities, etc.  So this is just a jumping off point for discussion.

The framework (just the big pieces moving) is all I will propose.  I leave it to the experts to fill in the details, or just shoot this down as unworkable.

Cavs send Kevin Love to the Clippers.  He gets to "go home" to California and have a bigger role in the offense than he had with the Cavs.

Clippers send Blake Griffin to OKC (also "goes home") where he pairs up with Westbrook and gets a fresh start.  OKC gets one last shot at contending before RW bolts.

OKC send Enes Kanter to Cleveland to give them what Mosgov couldn't and allowing Tristan Thompson to spend more time at PF.

Obviously I haven't considered salaries, contract length or other smaller pieces that could move, like picks, as well as many other factors.  It's just a framework of an idea that may be worthy of discussion, but that's for you to decide!

Have at it campers.   ;)

Re: OKC - LAC - CLE
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 05:41:05 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am skeptical of a trade where OKC only gives up Enes Kanter, but is able to acquire Blake Griffin. I have to imagine that [many] other pieces would need to be involved.

Also, with having just won a championship, I am not sure that CLE gives up Love - even if he isn't the best fit.

Not a bad trade, in general, though. I like the idea of Love in LA and Griffin in OKC with Westbrook.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 05:44:10 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I usually just read the recent posts when I come here, and this time I thought it was funny that, in subsequent posts, LrBrd33 had us giving up half our roster and two 1st round picks for Blake, then right afterwards your idea for OKC to trade just Enes Kantor and end up with Blake. 

That said, I do think the frame work is reasonable.  With LAC looking at this potential move (radio folks here in southern cal seem to think Balmer wants to move them to Seattle) they may not be looking to rebuild right away. 

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 07:14:47 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
I usually just read the recent posts when I come here, and this time I thought it was funny that, in subsequent posts, LrBrd33 had us giving up half our roster and two 1st round picks for Blake, then right afterwards your idea for OKC to trade just Enes Kantor and end up with Blake. 

That said, I do think the frame work is reasonable.  With LAC looking at this potential move (radio folks here in southern cal seem to think Balmer wants to move them to Seattle) they may not be looking to rebuild right away.
Right, it's just a framework. Just after I posted I realized that as proposed it's a steal for OKC, they have to send more stuff out than just Kanter. I also recognize that CLE has no motivation to break up a championship team.

Come on creative trade experts, help me out here!

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 07:31:46 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Blake to Cavs and Love to Clippers..no need for OKC..simple trade where both teams get a player that might fit better on new teams. Salaries match and trade works.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I don't think a championship team is interested in breaking up their core unless its an obvious upgrade.  Don't see Griffin over Love that kind of upgrade.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 08:26:35 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Blake to Cavs and Love to Clippers..no need for OKC..simple trade where both teams get a player that might fit better on new teams. Salaries match and trade works.
Yep, though I do think Irving for Paul might make even more sense for both teams.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 10:43:06 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
Yep, though I do think Irving for Paul might make even more sense for both teams.
I included OKC because they may be motivated to make a move before RW walks.

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 10:50:48 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I included OKC because they may be motivated to make a move before RW walks.
the trade you proposed doesn't make sense for the other two teams though unless Westbrook is headed out.  Heck you could do the trade that way, Westbrook to LAC, Paul to Cleveland, Irving to OKC.  At least that could be a general framework. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip