Author Topic: marcus smart team select  (Read 5125 times)

marcus smart team select
« on: July 27, 2016, 09:02:16 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
 u -tube has a video of marcus smart highlites at team select scrimmages
he looks to be very confident and comfortable some nice passing and setting up his teammates
can be found at Reds Army titled-your morning dump-where demitrius is signed and paul pierce isn't retiring-could they be connected?

Re: marcus smart team select
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 09:19:08 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
found these on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soIwdNfOa_M

improved court vision - finding the open man, getting comfortable driving but still not trying to score on those drives. Shots looks good but then again they're highlights.

Day 3 Highlights (Select Team)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z185s6DvBh0

Final Day Highlights (Select Team)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJZqVqo9xAs

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 09:24:46 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Just watched it. His passing looks very crisp. I was down for awhile on his passing and playmaking, but I thought he really stepped it up against atlanta. Looks like it might be permanent. He definetely looks to have some pg chops.
#JKJB

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 10:11:03 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
You should see be smart video of errors.  That might change people's opinion.

I mean, seriously; we're judging passing and shooting from a highlight video?

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 10:14:41 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Was any of this supposed to make sense?
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 10:59:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233

there were several unedited practices and scrimmages and smart was predominately drive and kicking or using bounce passes, only a couple of missed shots,couple made shots ,a couple steals
it was playing cool and collected
 and looking like he wasn't going to dislocate his fingers

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 11:10:14 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37

there were several unedited practices and scrimmages and smart was predominately drive and kicking or using bounce passes, only a couple of missed shots,couple made shots ,a couple steals

LOL

I agree though, I think his PG skills are much better than he gets credit for around here. His finishing ability when driving at times still concernes me, but his drive and kick play is great. Would like to see more Smart PnR, or a few iso plays this year to give the kid a shot, our motion offense got shut down at times against Atlanta (plus couldn't buy a 3 pointer!).

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 11:17:26 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I keep thinking back to SL 2015 and how positive he looked before he dislocated his fingers. I really believe that set him back for a large part of the season.

I am sad that Turner has moved on but one opportunity from that is an increased role for Smart. He has the ability to handle the ball and be the PG and I think we will see that more this year. IT off the ball in stretches with Smart running the point.

I'm hoping he has a big year this year, he deserves it and of all the players we have I think an improvement from him can make the biggest difference. It would also make it much easier to take if Bradley subsequently gets traded as has been rumoured.

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 11:32:38 AM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I love Smart, and maybe it's just the jersey or the camera angle, but he looks like hes gotten bigger (re:wider).

I hope it's nothing and he's still super in shape, but I thought he looked a bit chubby?
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 11:48:30 AM »

Offline Dedalus

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Me predicts Marcus makes an All-Defense team this season. Even if he comes off the bench. I think this "turn the offense over" type of thinking is too black and white. He's got a weird skill set that Brad Stevens believes create an impact. I don't care if he's striped, polka dot or plaid, point guard or shooting guard, so long as he can play. 

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 12:10:12 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Agree that his PG skills are underrated on this site. I've always said his closest career comparison may end up being Chauncey Billups with better defense. Certainly looked like it in that video.

I also agree with the previous comment that he looks bigger. I think he's gained weight since college. I don't think he's in bad shape, but he may have to really commit to getting in better shape if he's ever going to fulfill his entire potential.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 01:52:44 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Looking good, Marcus!  Game is really starting to slow down for him.  Granted, those games weren't full-speed, but he looks sharp.

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I love Smart, and maybe it's just the jersey or the camera angle, but he looks like hes gotten bigger (re:wider).

I hope it's nothing and he's still super in shape, but I thought he looked a bit chubby?

I think it's his untucked jersey. Celtics.com posted a video of him working out just now and he looks like he's in great shape.

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 04:01:32 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

These are basically just pick up games.  Not going to judge his progression in any way shape or form from pick up games.

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 05:28:28 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Agree that his PG skills are underrated on this site. I've always said his closest career comparison may end up being Chauncey Billups with better defense. Certainly looked like it in that video.

I also agree with the previous comment that he looks bigger. I think he's gained weight since college. I don't think he's in bad shape, but he may have to really commit to getting in better shape if he's ever going to fulfill his entire potential.

This is one of the reasons I didn't want Sully coming back. It felt like psychologically his lack of conditioning might subliminally affect other players. Jared wasn't benched for being overweight. He was benched because he wasn't that great a player. Having someone overweight rewarded with a starter's position and a million opportunities to be part of the core moving forward might have given players like Smart who are not toothpicks the idea that a few extra pounds don't matter.

I guess Paul Pierce used to have weight problems. He is the role model for players on how to overcome that. I recall a blog entry he made at the Boston Globe while still here and he is very involved in fitness issues.