Author Topic: Dino Radja express his disappointment during his time with the Celtics  (Read 1248 times)

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
One of the early international players who found a competitive playing career in the NBA, Dino Radja also became a big “what if” for Boston Celtics fans.

The six-foot-11 Croatian was selected 40th overall in the 1989 draft, but started playing for the Celtics in 1993. Radja instantly made a splash in his rookie year after averaging 15.2 points and 7.2 rebounds in 28 minutes per game for the Beantown boys.

He went on to play three more solid years and held career averages of 16.7 points, 8.4 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks. However, injuries derailed his hopes of longevity in America, but in a recent interview for Spanish website El Mundo, Dino Radja added some more revelations on his NBA exit.

(As translated by Google)
“Yes, I ended up sick because players did not care. We were losing a match and they would play cards, to make jokes … And I’m not. If I lose a match, I get bad. So I decided I needed a change of scenery. I tried that I overstep a better team, I did not get it, so I ended up going back to Europe and fight for titles.”

During that time, Boston was in a mess and it now seemed that Radja’s competitive nature was not fit for the franchise’s direction back then.

http://clutchpoints.com/dino-radja-sheds-more-light-on-the-story-of-his-nba-exit/

I can't really blame him. Reggie Lewis just passed away and ML Carr decided to pull a 76ers even before Hinkie pulled it out. Such a shame he never waited for a chance to play with Paul Pierce. He would have been a solid contributor during that 2002 ECF run.

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Yep. Those Celtics realy sucked.