1 (5.9%)
Celtics in 6
4 (23.5%)
Celtics in 5
0 (0%)
Celtics in 4
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: If Griffin is traded here Cavs in 7?  (Read 1258 times)

If Griffin is traded here Cavs in 7?
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:59:32 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Cavs in six games is my guess. Outside of a Lebron injury. Is it really worth giving up a Nets pick to loose the next two years or more to the Cavs?

Blake makes us better, but not get buy the Cavs better IMHO.

Re: If Griffin is traded here Cavs in 7?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:17:05 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I think Cavs in 6 or 7 is the safe bet. But, LBJ is getting older. The Cs have started to go down the "contend now" route with the signing of Horford, so I'm starting to get on board the win now train, but not at all costs. The point is, we don't want to horde the draft picks in the hope that we get an All Star in the next couple off drafts that comes into his own in 5 years. We need to start winning now, while we can given Horford's age, and while IT is under contract (he'll be too expensive in a couple of years).

Frankly, losing to the Cavs in 7 next year, with Blake under contract for the next several years (assuming extension), minus the 17 or 18 pick, but still having the other, is a real win. It would likely make us an attractive FA destination next summer, plus we still have the other BKLN pick.

Plus, you never know what might happen with injury....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 09:54:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think you attack LeBron with Crowder, Jaylen, and M Smart, tell them to use every single foul hard fouling and never look back. Occasionally send Horford in for a hard foul too. Then Tyler Zeller just once.

Let's see them adjust.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 10:06:24 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Let's go bring the votes. I asked a good Freind and he thought we lose in 6 games as well.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 08:31:42 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Whoever the "final piece" is, they'll have to have huge balls. It seems like realistically Kevin Durant assessed the situation and determined that he, IT, and Horford weren't beating Lebron and company in the ECF.

Surveying the landscape I don't really see a forward out there who's capable of stepping in and winning that matchup.  Do people think Griffin is that guy?  I'm not sure I do.  Honestly I'd rather have Deandre to improve team defense. 

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 08:32:53 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I think you attack LeBron with Crowder, Jaylen, and M Smart, tell them to use every single foul hard fouling and never look back. Occasionally send Horford in for a hard foul too. Then Tyler Zeller just once.

Let's see them adjust.

Don't forget about the Canadian enforcer Kelly Olynyk.

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 10:59:52 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Whoever the "final piece" is, they'll have to have huge balls. It seems like realistically Kevin Durant assessed the situation and determined that he, IT, and Horford weren't beating Lebron and company in the ECF.

Surveying the landscape I don't really see a forward out there who's capable of stepping in and winning that matchup.  Do people think Griffin is that guy?  I'm not sure I do.  Honestly I'd rather have Deandre to improve team defense. 

I would hope he wasn't so short-sighted to think that would be it. Surely DA would unload as many picks/players as it would take to bring in another star (or two).

Whatever, he made his choice. As Celtics fans, we should all hope he learns very soon he made the wrong one.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 11:00:25 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Not the biggest Blake fan. Going by resume, he'll make this team better. And he's a good fantasy option because he's a big who gets you assists, but I don't know. How good is he, really?

I guess, despite his highlight dunks, his game doesn't really jump out at me. It's hard to imagine a successful team with him as the best player.
- LilRip