Author Topic: J Stewart says Doc Rivers has backed out of Griffin deal, gives details of trade  (Read 16883 times)

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Pierce just announced he is coming back for another season....
I think signs are pointing at PP in Boston

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Firstly, the Griffin rumors have been a load of bunk from Day 1 in my opinion.
Secondly, this supposed deal is flat out impossible for the salary cap.  It's not even close.  So there's no way on earth this was ever the deal.  Zilch.

It's one Amir Johnson or else Zeller and another piece away from working financially. I don't think it is likely by any means, but there are ways of making it work that wouldn't really be noteworthy.

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Out of all the names being circulated in rumors for the last month, Blake Griffin is who I was least pumped about.  Just never been the biggest Griffin fan.  So personally, I wouldn't do that deal.  But I can understand the people who like Griffin why they would do it...if any of that makes sense.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
You know baby Azz CP3 threatened to quit Doc , if he traded Blake .   

Basically if CP3 is gone ....Doc s cAreer is defunct....he will once again ride near the bottom feeder coach and kill off his new found legacy ...as a great coach  ::)

Trading Blake would pretty much end CP3 / Doc era.

Maybe, maybe not.

If Doc moves Griffin, maybe he moves CP3 for Kyrie. I can see that trade happening.

Not after kyries finals and game 7

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Suspected there was some truth to the rumors. But I also thought Doc was getting media heat not to ship a "star" to the East without a "star" in return. That was the rumor generated in LA. It's a PR thing. I think Doc is basically chicken to do a deal.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Another day, another tidbit.
Who knows if this guy has any credibility.
Pretty solid haul for Blake if true.
Rudy Gay ain't worth Rozier and extra picks IMO, but if it was the key to getting a deal done then I can see Rozier heading out.

Stewart on 985 saying SAC/BOS/LAC were working on Griffin/Pierce to C's, Rozier/picks to SAC, Olynyk/AB/Gay/18 BKN to Clips. Doc backed out
Rozier, AB, Olynyk AND picks including BKN 18 would have been a heavy price to pay for essentially Griffin.  I would have done it for Cousins, but not Griffin.
agreed, that's a heavy price even if he agreed to an extension -- especially not knowing what those other picks are.  As much as I love Pierce, if we're taking him in the deal, that should cost us less because we'd be doing them a favor -- much like taking on Wallace from the Nets.  PP's at the end of the line -- he's providing basically vet leadership if he comes here -- not playing many minutes if any 

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Firstly, the Griffin rumors have been a load of bunk from Day 1 in my opinion.
Secondly, this supposed deal is flat out impossible for the salary cap.  It's not even close.  So there's no way on earth this was ever the deal.  Zilch.

It's one Amir Johnson or else Zeller and another piece away from working financially. I don't think it is likely by any means, but there are ways of making it work that wouldn't really be noteworthy.

It could maybe work with Amir.  Holland would have to be released (no sweat for most people here, I admit) and both Yabusele and Zizic need to be off the books, and it isn't 100% clear either are.  But that's a big thing to leave out, especially in a trade where we're supposedly trading two bigs.

If it were Zeller, the other piece would have to be one of Jerebko, Crowder, or Thomas to work.  So it's not that.

As I say, this is another fake rumor.  I will wager anyone who wants to 10 TP that Griffin will not be a Celtic before the season begins.  It's no one getting cold feet.  It's simply that it's not happening.  The Clippers are very much in win-now mode.  The cost to get him is simply too steep in rotation players.  This supposed trade, including Amir, has the Celtics sending four players out from their 10-man rotation. 

Westbrook, who knows?  I don't think so on that either, but it makes sense OKC would want to deal him and not lose a major star for nothing in consecutive years.  But it does have going for it that OKC, if trading Westbrook, would be more willing to accept some salary filler.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Clippers say no to KO and AB (injuries)

Danny should have traded up to 8th pick (Kings) for Chriss

Then could of flipped him + for Griffin

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Another day, another tidbit.
Who knows if this guy has any credibility.
Pretty solid haul for Blake if true.
Rudy Gay ain't worth Rozier and extra picks IMO, but if it was the key to getting a deal done then I can see Rozier heading out.

Stewart on 985 saying SAC/BOS/LAC were working on Griffin/Pierce to C's, Rozier/picks to SAC, Olynyk/AB/Gay/18 BKN to Clips. Doc backed out

Is "backed out" the same as "outright rejected"?
TP on the hinkie pic

Love it

Stick it to the haters
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Smitty's latest at RealGM says still a lot going on behind the scenes for Griffin, Westbrook. Danny is very persistent. Wants both. Presti is trying to re-sign Westbrook. Will deal if he can't. Doc is wishy washy on dealing Griffin. Wants Crowder and AJ. May or may not deal. Pierce will wind up in Boston at some point, I suspect.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Smitty's latest at RealGM says still a lot going on behind the scenes for Griffin, Westbrook. Danny is very persistent. Wants both. Presti is trying to re-sign Westbrook. Will deal if he can't. Doc is wishy washy on dealing Griffin. Wants Crowder and AJ. May or may not deal. Pierce will wind up in Boston at some point, I suspect.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1467630&start=700#p48862794

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
can someone please tell me where J Stewart got this information from?

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
can someone please tell me where J Stewart got this information from?

I think that's the point of being privy to information, there's no transparency.

J Stew isn't just going to make this up though, I'm sure he heard it from someone he at least thinks is a little bit connected.

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I would think as part of any deal Doc would want that Clips '19 pick back. It has more value to them than to us.

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
I would think as part of any deal Doc would want that Clips '19 pick back. It has more value to them than to us.
take it back.